Logan Chietains Football 2020

User avatar
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19226
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: ChieftainCountry

Re: Logan Chietains - 2020

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

False poopy stirring gossip! Getting worse than a stupid soap opera on here! :lol: :roll:



User avatar
cbolt
SEOP
Posts: 3962
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: Deep in an engine block

Re: Logan Chietains - 2020

Post by cbolt »

Not unless they build another school, which not gonna happen anytime soon.



User avatar
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19226
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: ChieftainCountry

Re: Logan Chietains - 2020

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:22 pm
Not unless they build another school, which not gonna happen anytime soon.
Never pass anyways building another school anytime soon. Most people in Hocking County would hate more property taxes piled on that are already ridiculously high for this area. Really don't know how that works for county's with multiple schools but it won't happen here, IMO. The new high school is big enough to be a small college. The middle school is the size or bigger than some high schools in the area. The New grade schools are nicer than they have ever been. I can't see it. Never happen in our lifetime. Ole hardhitter heard a bunch of drama somewhere. :lol:



User avatar
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 10633
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Logan Chietains Football 2020

Post by Raider6309 »

Logan is getting smaller like most SEO schools but not that much smaller



User avatar
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 272280
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:39 pm
Location: Logan, Ohio

Re: Logan Chietains - 2020

Post by noreply66 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:52 pm
cbolt wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:22 pm
Not unless they build another school, which not gonna happen anytime soon.
Never pass anyways building another school anytime soon. Most people in Hocking County would hate more property taxes piled on that are already ridiculously high for this area. Really don't know how that works for county's with multiple schools but it won't happen here, IMO. The new high school is big enough to be a small college. The middle school is the size or bigger than some high schools in the area. The New grade schools are nicer than they have ever been. I can't see it. Never happen in our lifetime. Ole hardhitter heard a bunch of drama somewhere. :lol:
Some of the grade schools are bigger than some small high schools I have been to. I think Logan has six grade schools. Do they still have basketball were the grade schools play each other. Round robin of the six sounds good.


GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

User avatar
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 272280
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:39 pm
Location: Logan, Ohio

Re: Logan Chietains - 2020

Post by noreply66 »

hardhitter ll wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:13 pm
I've heard that Logan will be D4 in a year or so. Any truth to that? :o
REALLY


GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

User avatar
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19226
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: ChieftainCountry

Re: Logan Chietains - 2020

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:36 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:52 pm
cbolt wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:22 pm
Not unless they build another school, which not gonna happen anytime soon.
Never pass anyways building another school anytime soon. Most people in Hocking County would hate more property taxes piled on that are already ridiculously high for this area. Really don't know how that works for county's with multiple schools but it won't happen here, IMO. The new high school is big enough to be a small college. The middle school is the size or bigger than some high schools in the area. The New grade schools are nicer than they have ever been. I can't see it. Never happen in our lifetime. Ole hardhitter heard a bunch of drama somewhere. :lol:
Some of the grade schools are bigger than some small high schools I have been to. I think Logan has six grade schools. Do they still have basketball were the grade schools play each other. Round robin of the six sounds good.
Was thinking that too, Noreply. Those new grade schools are big looking. Us tax payers are getting are money's worth. Nice looking quality builds. Very nice stuff. Now the low battery needs some big jumper cables to start up some consistency in areas of our athletic programs.



User avatar
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 10633
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Logan Chietains Football 2020

Post by Raider6309 »

Logan at one point was around 350 a class. Now around 300. Looks like elementary school is 260-270. Just no jobs in Hocking county



User avatar
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 272280
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:39 pm
Location: Logan, Ohio

Re: Logan Chietains Football 2020

Post by noreply66 »

I have read that Athens county is far worse than Hocking. We do have major factories in Smeads, Amanda Bolt, Carbo, a steel company that travels all over the U.S. A couple cement companies. There is more traffic coming out of Athens county heading up 33 than coming out of Hocking County. Only thing that keeps Athens county's head above water is the College. It look a college boy to keep Athens county out of the bottom 10 and that won't last too long. Come June Athens county will be putting bread in their coffee.


GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

User avatar
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19226
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: ChieftainCountry

Re: Logan Chietains Football 2020

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Is the General Electric plant still in operation, Noreply? I haven't been keeping up on things in town for sometime.



countywide35
SEO
Posts: 2947
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:38 am

Re: Logan Chietains Football 2020

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:44 pm
Is the General Electric plant still in operation, Noreply? I haven't been keeping up on things in town for sometime.



Trench gonna be get my first look at the new Chieftan Comllex a week from today at the OAC state qualifier wreslting meet. I’m really excited about seeing the new facilities !!


2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

User avatar
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19226
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: ChieftainCountry

Re: Logan Chietains Football 2020

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Hope your son does well. Enjoy the new Chieftain Center.



countywide35
SEO
Posts: 2947
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:38 am

Re: Logan Chietains Football 2020

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:39 pm
Hope your son does well. Enjoy the new Chieftain Center.


Come check it out if your not too busy Sunday morning. There should be some good competition at Logan considering this is one of the last remaining District Championship to become a state qualifier. Exciting stuff. Is the Chieftan Center able to host an event like this ? I say that due to not knowing the layout or pretty much anything about it other than a few pics and remarks from folks that know what they are taking about saying how first class this place is.
I’m accustomed to events like these being held in the gymnasium. I really don’t know how the chieftain center set up. Like weight room training rooms locker rooms Hall of Fame trophy cases etc. I don’t know if it’s connected to the school or Can you give me a little rundown of How things are?


2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

User avatar
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 10633
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Logan Chietains Football 2020

Post by Raider6309 »

So how does the indoor field effect the athletic budget. Logan had to get an 8.5 million dollar loan. The other 2 million comes from donations. Is Logan raising property taxes or raising pay to play?



User avatar
cbolt
SEOP
Posts: 3962
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: Deep in an engine block

Re: Logan Chietains Football 2020

Post by cbolt »

I'm wondering the same thing, raider. They said they could raise all the money themselves at first but that is getting harder to believe with the current price tag to build it. It's not ANTICIPATED they will come to taxpayers but that's not a definite no answer, imo. Logan doesn't have pay to play, yet.
https://chieftaincenter.weebly.com/questions.html



User avatar
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 10633
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Logan Chietains Football 2020

Post by Raider6309 »

Sounds like they are taking $8.5 million from the schools budget over the next 30 years. Alexander did this same thing



User avatar
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19226
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: ChieftainCountry

Re: Logan Chietains Football 2020

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:08 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:39 pm
Hope your son does well. Enjoy the new Chieftain Center.


Come check it out if your not too busy Sunday morning. There should be some good competition at Logan considering this is one of the last remaining District Championship to become a state qualifier. Exciting stuff. Is the Chieftan Center able to host an event like this ? I say that due to not knowing the layout or pretty much anything about it other than a few pics and remarks from folks that know what they are taking about saying how first class this place is.
I’m accustomed to events like these being held in the gymnasium. I really don’t know how the chieftain center set up. Like weight room training rooms locker rooms Hall of Fame trophy cases etc. I don’t know if it’s connected to the school or Can you give me a little rundown of How things are?
I might be out there. Sounds like it's going to be a good one. It will handle that event and then a lot something else at the same time. :lol: It's big. It's not connected to the school. It's on the other side of the stadium/home side. It's a piece of the whole huge complex out there though. It has a weight room training room but so does the high school itself. Can do many things in the Chieftain center though. It even has 4 b-ball courts inside the running track. You will just have to see it yourself. Enjoy your visit. Let me know what you think after.



User avatar
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19226
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: ChieftainCountry

Re: Logan Chietains Football 2020

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:28 pm
So how does the indoor field effect the athletic budget. Logan had to get an 8.5 million dollar loan. The other 2 million comes from donations. Is Logan raising property taxes or raising pay to play?
No loans I've heard of, Raider. I've heard the whole project was/is bought and paid for through all local donations.



User avatar
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 10633
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Logan Chietains Football 2020

Post by Raider6309 »

It says 8.5 million comes from loans. Only 2 million is from donations



User avatar
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19226
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:17 pm
Location: ChieftainCountry

Re: Logan Chietains Football 2020

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:56 pm
It says 8.5 million comes from loans. Only 2 million is from donations
If so, and that's true, many will be unhappy people. :lol: All this time everyone talking, and while it was being built it was nothing but donations. It was even in the paper how it was being paid for. Donations.



Post Reply

Return to “Football”