Will There Be Football This Fall ?

mlittle
SEO

Re: Will There Be Football This Fall ?

Post by mlittle »

Prime Time wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:10 pm
Gov Mike DEWine and Dr Amy Acton is starting a increased patrol of restaurants and bars who are not following the guidelines set forth by them. They will be issued citations for not abiding by the rules . 6 ft apart wear masks, wash hands. The people in the crowds at these bars and restaurants can be cited and he has not ruled that out. Virus is still here, it’s not gone, if we are going to open up society we have to do it in a responsible way. If it creeps up in numbers he will not let us surge. hi risk, it’s still a threat, worry about strangers, family anyone who could get it from you being out. There’s a lot at stake, people keep your distance, if you go to restaurant or bar sit down. Dr. Acton speaks more intelligent and should receive honors for leading Ohio thru this pandemic, plague, virus.Mass testing. Probably every 3days to be Tested positively sure you don’t have it. It’s a complicated equation here people, obey the rules. If a outbreak occurs in local areas, he’s willing to impose lockdowns and more orders from health depts and he can shut us down again.
Doesn’t matter what the general public does or how they react. Nothing we do or don't do is going to have an impact on any decisions either of those idiots make. They gonna drag it out as long as they can

REDMAN
Waterboy

Post by REDMAN »

Dump Trump and lets play football

hardhitter ll
JV Team

Post by hardhitter ll »

REDMAN wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:05 pm
If we "dump Trump" the softies on the left won't allow us to have football. They'd probably make it illegal. Most of them are of the soccer persuasion. :lol:

meatswinger
Freshman Team

Post by meatswinger »

hardhitter ll wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:55 pm
meatswinger wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:39 pm
Here is an official take on blizzardman. I have been watching RV football since day one. One thing for sure, what he lacked in physical ability he made up for by being the roundest OL in school history. But to his credit I think he could start for the current RV teams.
Did he dominate JV ball when he was a senior? I've heard people mention that more than once. :mrgreen:
I wouldn't say he dominated, but he could hold his own in JV games at least when they played the bad teams.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

meatswinger wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:37 am
hardhitter ll wrote:
meatswinger wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:39 pm
Here is an official take on blizzardman. I have been watching RV football since day one. One thing for sure, what he lacked in physical ability he made up for by being the roundest OL in school history. But to his credit I think he could start for the current RV teams.
Did he dominate JV ball when he was a senior? I've heard people mention that more than once. :mrgreen:
I wouldn't say he dominated, but he could hold his own in JV games at least when they played the bad teams.
I get it. You're upset because the only thing you played in high school was video games and with yourself.

Blitz
JV Team

Post by Blitz »

Ohio State football players report back on June 8th. looking good for a return to play!!!!!

Beergogglebluez
All Conference

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Looks like OHSAA expanded playoffs to 12 teams a region.

Howard Cosell
Varsity

Post by Howard Cosell »

hardhitter ll wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:31 am
REDMAN wrote:
If we "dump Trump" the softies on the left won't allow us to have football. They'd probably make it illegal. Most of them are of the soccer persuasion. :lol:
Get it right. It aint soccer. Its KICKBALL!

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!

Howard Cosell
Varsity

Post by Howard Cosell »

BlizzardMan wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:55 pm
meatswinger wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:37 am
hardhitter ll wrote:

I get it. You're upset because the only thing you played in high school was video games and with yourself.
I was gonna say you have him confused with Paladin but he didnt have video games during the Great Depression. Not that he minded. It gae hime extra time for that other activity you mentioned.

Howard Cosell
Varsity

Post by Howard Cosell »

noreply66 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:44 am
TRENCHFOOT wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:10 am
All of ya, KNOCK IT OFF!! Young and old can die from this crap! Healthy or not! If no football this fall, so be it! It's not worth risking any life. Most of you arguing over this is not showing any intelligence what so ever! Covid is and HAS shown it's deadly stuff. QUIT IT!
Agree

A lot of people will just talk about the nude girl on the bed and won't notice the beautiful furniture in the room.
Who cares about the furniture?

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Saw on ESPN, NCAA can start football and basketball on June 1, so hopefully HS can start back in July.

svac83
S

Post by svac83 »

Seems like weight lifting and conditioning can start next week.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

hardhitter ll wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:31 am
REDMAN wrote:
Hardhitter... I nominate this for one of the dumbest comments of all time on SEOPREPS. SMH

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

wobycat wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:41 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:11 pm
wobycat wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 4:26 pm

Wow. You need to step away from the edge. It’s NOT going away. DeWine is spitting on the constitution and we’re letting happen.
Though I’m not a fan of what’s happening, can you explain what rights are being trampled?
Well I shouldn’t just say DeWine but read the first amendment
Sorry, you have not lost any 1st Amendment Rights, those have been proven by the SCOTUS to have limits in a time of crisis, the orders from the Health Department were well within their rights.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The lawsuits will be lit 🔥

Westfan
SEO

Post by Westfan »

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85170&sid=505d175fa ... 8963edfd5a

Another poster linked this article on here. I'm surprised it got no comments. Has some good info about the Economic Conditions of the OHSAA and what may happen

greygoose
SEOP

Post by greygoose »

Westfan wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:11 am

Another poster linked this article on here. I'm surprised it got no comments. Has some good info about the Economic Conditions of the OHSAA and what may happen
Yeah I read that article, very interesting in breaking down the money aspect of things. Made me believe OHSAA runs on such a tight budget that it is truly based on year to year revenue with little to wiggle room left

Westfan
SEO

Post by Westfan »

greygoose wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:03 pm
Westfan wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:11 am

Yeah I read that article, very interesting in breaking down the money aspect of things. Made me believe OHSAA runs on such a tight budget that it is truly based on year to year revenue with little to wiggle room left
The pessimistic side of me believes alot of decisions going forward will be made with budget concerns in mind and not necessarily what's best for the kids

petesweaty
Varsity

Post by petesweaty »

We will see how much money Dewine cuts from K-12 at the end of June.
Right now he cut $300 Mill from the state budget K-12, but Ohio got $400 mill from the first stimulus package.
He never talks about that. As usual he is "Chicken Little" the sky is falling.

Also, the Feds say they are working on an another stimulus and I bet it has K-12 money also.

About Football, I think that there will be a season. These governments screwed enough kids in the spring for a very little reason.
I think some miracle drug or vaccine will arrive in late summer. They are working day and night on it. It will probably be about 40% like the flu vaccine but it will appease the masses.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Weight room opens June 8th at Nelsonville-York. Of course their will be stipulations and a new way of doing things but the kids will be back. June 1st (tentatively) the kids will start working outside.

2019 TVC CHAMPIONS!
The Tradition continues
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”