Any conversations as to "who" will step into the HC position at Logan Elm?

Post Reply
User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 13453
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Any conversations as to "who" will step into the HC position at Logan Elm?

Post by pfloyd »

Lots of conversations about the Waverly opening (and hire of Coach Bradley), Portsmouth (looking for Coach Lisath to be hired this week) ... never easy to follow one of the best coaches in SEOhio coaching lore in Coach Stiverson ... but - I'm sure the powers that be are/have been looking, asking - all of those steps - to get a program leader in place - most BOE's , school districts look to "hire" open extra-curricular positions during the April meetings - a couple of weeks left as they try to have seamless movement into the June Summer Basketball season ... Coach Holbert? Coach Nate Dropsey? someone outside the program? ... I've talked to a couple of coaches in the Northwest Territory area - they tell me they haven't heard anything ... anyone hearing something ? ... Will the new gym at LE be open for games THIS season? ...


Image
User avatar
Chief Kdogg
JV Team
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:45 am

Re: Any conversations as to "who" will step into the HC position at Logan Elm?

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Holbert is the name I’ve been hearing. It’s his job if he wants it. He pretty much ran it anyway as evidenced on here whenever LE was talked about his name was brought up. That pretty much sums it up.


MSL1
Waterboy
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:15 am

Re: Any conversations as to "who" will step into the HC position at Logan Elm?

Post by MSL1 »

Coach Dropsey, and what a great hire and staff!

https://sportingpumpkin.com/2023/04/17/ ... of-braves/


User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 13453
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Any conversations as to "who" will step into the HC position at Logan Elm?

Post by pfloyd »

MSL1 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:28 pm Coach Dropsey, and what a great hire and staff!

https://sportingpumpkin.com/2023/04/17/ ... of-braves/
Great hire!!! Coach Dropsey WILL carry on the tradition, the culture of what IS Logan Elm basketball that has been the norm for 24 years at LE ... with Coach Holbert & Coach Neff as the supporting cast I look for continued great things from Logan Elm basketball ... I wish nothing but the best for Head Coach Nate Dropsey and his Logan Elm program - pfloyd


Image
User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 13453
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Any conversations as to "who" will step into the HC position at Logan Elm?

Post by pfloyd »

Will the Braves be in their new gym this upcoming season????? or is that still down the road a year or so ???


Image
bman
SEO
Posts: 2721
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Re: Any conversations as to "who" will step into the HC position at Logan Elm?

Post by bman »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:39 pm Will the Braves be in their new gym this upcoming season????? or is that still down the road a year or so ???
New gym will be ready to go, but Braves will still play a game or two per season in Spangler Memorial Gymnasium, similar to what Amanda does with its old gym.


User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 13453
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Any conversations as to "who" will step into the HC position at Logan Elm?

Post by pfloyd »

bman wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:15 pm
pfloyd wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:39 pm Will the Braves be in their new gym this upcoming season????? or is that still down the road a year or so ???
New gym will be ready to go, but Braves will still play a game or two per season in Spangler Memorial Gymnasium, similar to what Amanda does with its old gym.
... thanks bman! is the new facility on the same property as the current high school? or will I need to take a drive over this summer to scope it out? LOL


Image
bman
SEO
Posts: 2721
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Re: Any conversations as to "who" will step into the HC position at Logan Elm?

Post by bman »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:04 pm
bman wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:15 pm
pfloyd wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:39 pm Will the Braves be in their new gym this upcoming season????? or is that still down the road a year or so ???
New gym will be ready to go, but Braves will still play a game or two per season in Spangler Memorial Gymnasium, similar to what Amanda does with its old gym.
... thanks bman! is the new facility on the same property as the current high school? or will I need to take a drive over this summer to scope it out? LOL
The big brick PK-12 building west of McDowell is the new school building. Two separate wings for PK-5 and 6-12, connected by gymnasiums, cafeterias, an auditorium, etc. Similar to what Southeastern has, but bigger. Most economic way to get the tax levy passed that had failed repeatedly.

The high school will be torn down ASAP after the conclusion of the school year. McDowell, the current middle school, will still host the district offices and be available for practices and additional capacity, if needed, down the road. There are a number of projects being talked about in the county, which may affect the size of the district down the road.


User avatar
Chief Kdogg
JV Team
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:45 am

Re: Any conversations as to "who" will step into the HC position at Logan Elm?

Post by Chief Kdogg »

MSL1 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:28 pm Coach Dropsey, and what a great hire and staff!

https://sportingpumpkin.com/2023/04/17/ ... of-braves/
Yeah after Holbert turned it down Dropsey was the obvious choice. Not much will change with Holbert remaining on to continue being the backbone of the program. Great hire.


Post Reply

Return to “Boys Basketball”