Greenup County (KY) 7 - 38 Wheelersburg

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Week 4 Wheelersburg(1-2) @ Greenup Co.(2-2)

Post by Raider6309 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:32 am http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/region.j ... &year=2019

Burg moves to 6th.

Amanda Clearcreek back in the hunt. Johnston Monroe struggling
Johnstown lost to three teams that would beat every team in that region pretty easily. They will be 7-3 and will probably be the favorite on the road week 11

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:24 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:32 am http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/region.j ... &year=2019

Burg moves to 6th.

Johnstown lost to three teams that would beat every team in that region pretty easily. They will be 7-3 and will probably be the favorite on the road week 11
Raider has stumbled and bumbled into something here that has some truth in it.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:24 am

Burg moves to 6th.

I seen that! They play D-II And D-Iii school, playing up like burg

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

While I agree the defense could have played better at times(e.g. lackluster tackling techniques at times), the end result was 38-7. I will take that score every time no matter who you play. It doesn’t matter how many yards the other team gains if they can’t put it in the end zone.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:16 am While I agree the defense could have played better at times(e.g. lackluster tackling techniques at times), the end result was 38-7. I will take that score every time no matter who you play. It doesn’t matter how many yards the other team gains if they can’t put it in the end zone.
Yes they gave up 7 but Greenup kicked theirselves with penalties or dropped passes in critical situations like the wide open drop for 6, couple more that moves the chains on drives that they were in scoring position, and 3 personnel fouls behind the ball after the got 15 plus yards and penalties didn’t effect the play just 2 yards in front of refs or spotlight everybody in stadium saw it. It was like Greenup thought we are going to lose the game be not the fight, many punches thrown, cheap shots and even saw a Greenup player steal burg player mouthpiece after cheap shot from behind. The players thought it was great got in face while player laid on ground then took mouthpiece ran over showing it then took it to locker room with him, sad. Anyways if Greenup does or doesn’t do this it’s a closer game going into halftime and in 4th. All I’m saying is burg needs to clean up its defense and Woodard will get it fixed, Burg is young and the stuff is fixable. 3-2 going into 5-0 Minford week 5.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

14U. Like packers80 said, looked up and there’s 7 or 8 kids playing D this year that didn’t get any meaningful time last year. Some played, but it was mop up time. And you are correct, it’s getting fixed every rep they take. Could they have done things better, absolutely. Guess what, it gives the coaches stuff to work on and get better at in a blow out game

Work towards perfection, knowing full well it's unattainable, but along the way you will achieve excellence - Vince Lombardi

Ordinary kids doing extraordinary things - Packers80

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

As for Wheelersburg in the future and secondary computer points. With this win and Ashland winning. These points are going to be MASSIVE. Ashland will likely finish 8-2 with one more loss likely to Spring Valley, WV. As for Greenup I see them winning 3 more games with Losses to Ashland and Russell. Regardless The Pirates have found Treasure in Secondary Computer Points.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:06 pm 14U. Like packers80 said, looked up and there’s 7 or 8 kids playing D this year that didn’t get any meaningful time last year. Some played, but it was mop up time. And you are correct, it’s getting fixed every rep they take. Could they have done things better, absolutely. Guess what, it gives the coaches stuff to work on and get better at in a blow out game

Work towards perfection, knowing full well it's unattainable, but along the way you will achieve excellence - Vince Lombardi

I know they are young and many holes to fill. I’m talking about making the tackle when making contact with the ball carrier, this isn’t coaching this is not rapping or finishing the play. Like we know they are young men that’s getting better each week. If there is ever anything to fix burg has the coaching to get that done.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

14U wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:54 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:06 pm 14U. Like packers80 said, looked up and there’s 7 or 8 kids playing D this year that didn’t get any meaningful time last year. Some played, but it was mop up time. And you are correct, it’s getting fixed every rep they take. Could they have done things better, absolutely. Guess what, it gives the coaches stuff to work on and get better at in a blow out game

I know they are young and many holes to fill. I’m talking about making the tackle when making contact with the ball carrier, this isn’t coaching this is not rapping or finishing the play. Like we know they are young men that’s getting better each week. If there is ever anything to fix burg has the coaching to get that done.
Agreed.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:13 am
4thgoal wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:08 am Does Greenup never have room in the press box for opposing coaches? I thought it was crappy that our coaches had to stand on the steps to the press box

That was pretty sad.
They could have had to stand on a hillside ??

Swayze
Riding the Bench

Post by Swayze »

Interresting. I know Minford coaches were in the press box but they had only 4 up there.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Valenth wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:36 pm As for Wheelersburg in the future and secondary computer points. With this win and Ashland winning. These points are going to be MASSIVE. Ashland will likely finish 8-2 with one more loss likely to Spring Valley, WV. As for Greenup I see them winning 3 more games with Losses to Ashland and Russell. Regardless The Pirates have found Treasure in Secondary Computer Points.
I disagree on Spring Valley, I think they will have problems with Ashland's speed, especially the
2 backs. I think Ashland is a TD or 2 better than Spring Valley...

14U
S

Post by 14U »

4thgoal wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:08 am Does Greenup never have room in the press box for opposing coaches? I thought it was crappy that our coaches had to stand on the steps to the press box
It was homecoming and there were many people up there that wouldn’t be during regular game. I sat at the 50 on Greenup side under the coaches and it was crowed up there and people going up and down the stairs!

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:42 pm
Valenth wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:36 pm As for Wheelersburg in the future and secondary computer points. With this win and Ashland winning. These points are going to be MASSIVE. Ashland will likely finish 8-2 with one more loss likely to Spring Valley, WV. As for Greenup I see them winning 3 more games with Losses to Ashland and Russell. Regardless The Pirates have found Treasure in Secondary Computer Points.
I disagree on Spring Valley, I think they will have problems with Ashland's speed, especially the
2 backs. I think Ashland is a TD or 2 better than Spring Valley...
Hopefully you are correct 😀 I want to see as much of SE Ohio in the Playoffs as possible!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:58 am
bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:51 am I can't see this being much of a game, honestly. Greenup has a talented quarterback but the receivers struggle. Burg has the best athletes on the field tonight by far.

Burg wins this one by 20+.
At 1-2, several key players hurt and one that just came back, I would be hesitant to say they are going to blow everyone out all of a sudden.

If GC receivers can make some catches this game could be tight either way.
Wasn't very tight.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:36 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:13 am

That was pretty sad.
They could have had to stand on a hillside ??

That's happened at Burg before!! Don't ever remember that.

Return to “Football”