Waverly @ Oak hill

Sports-nut
JV Team

Re: Waverly @ Oak hill

Post by Sports-nut »

The Oaks are a matchup nightmare. Too much talent for most teams in this area. Darby was just too much for Waverly tonight with no one who could matchup with him. If you double him under the basket he tosses it out to the open sharpshooter. I agree with burg, I cant see anyone beating this team until deep in the playoffs.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

I thought Darby was a transfer in this year. How is he playing already? I thought they had to sit out first 11 games.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Waverly had three or four shots to cut the lead to single digits late in the 3rd quarter but couldn't get one to fall. Oak Hill is just really really good. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go undefeated in the regular season.

Waverly had no answer for Darby down low. Radio announcers said he would be in the running for SOC player of the year. Is he the transfer from Rock Hill?

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Yes ... Darby is the transfer from Rock Hill. The Carroll boys transferred from Jackson when they were incoming freshman.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Tower wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:13 am I thought Darby was a transfer in this year. How is he playing already? I thought they had to sit out first 11 games.
My understanding is there is an exception to the transfer bylaw if it is done for purely academic reasons, such as to a school which offers AP classes from a school which does not offer them.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

4thgoal wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:21 am
Tower wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:13 am I thought Darby was a transfer in this year. How is he playing already? I thought they had to sit out first 11 games.
My understanding is there is an exception to the transfer bylaw if it is done for purely academic reasons, such as to a school which offers AP classes from a school which does not offer them.
1. Lol

2. How can Rock Hill not have any AP classes?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:27 am
1. Lol

I think it is if certain AP classes aren't offered. Let's say a kid wants to take AP Physics, but his school doesn't have it, they can move to a school that does.

I just wonder if half of the kids who use that loophole actually end of taking those classes, it's a terrible loophole.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:32 am
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:27 am

1. Lol

I think it is if certain AP classes aren't offered. Let's say a kid wants to take AP Physics, but his school doesn't have it, they can move to a school that does.

I just wonder if half of the kids who use that loophole actually end of taking those classes, it's a terrible loophole.
Come to Jackson then...we have all sorts of AP classes!

I know no one actually said it...but does Rock Hill seriously not have an AP classes?

toast
All State

Post by toast »

There are several exceptions where the player does not have to sit out half the season.

"Bona Fide move into a New Public School District by Both parents" I believe there is an interview process that has to take place. Perhaps this is the case?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I don't quite think the "AP Classes" argument is legit. Players can transfer and be eligible immediately if they come from a "poor performing school" on the OHSAA list, which can be found here:

http://ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Eligibility/ ... orming.pdf

Rock Hill is not on that list.

I'm not seeing anything on the OHSAA transfer guidelines page that discusses AP classes.

http://ohsaa.org/Eligibility/Transfer

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Sportsman
Riding the Bench

Post by Sportsman »

According to Coach Gue at Rock Hill the parents moved into the district last May and then was cleared by the OHSAA with the Bona Fide Residency.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

Sportsman wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:06 am According to Coach Gue at Rock Hill the parents moved into the district last May and then was cleared by the OHSAA with the Bona Fide Residency.
BINGO!!!

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

toast wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:48 am Waverly had three or four shots to cut the lead to single digits late in the 3rd quarter but couldn't get one to fall. Oak Hill is just really really good. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go undefeated in the regular season.

Waverly had no answer for Darby down low. Radio announcers said he would be in the running for SOC player of the year. Is he the transfer from Rock Hill?
Oak hill will not go undefeated this year

i83
Freshman Team

Post by i83 »

Who do you think that can beat oh?

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Oak Hill is overrated just like last year!!! lol.. They may beat up on some of these weak teams in our area but they'll be exposed in tourney just like last year...Fairland would kill them...They better be glad fairland moved up a div...If Burg will move holden down low Burg will beat them...Holden would own the paint......

i83
Freshman Team

Post by i83 »

Not going to happen. Oaks will 22-0

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

They’ll be favored in every game and many game be heavily favored...but in the end they are teenage kids and don’t have much depth. I could see them getting upset later in the season as maybe they are cruising a bit and run into a hot team.

They added a great player but also last year had 4 excellent players and River Valley gave them a great game in the sectionals...Paint Valley did everything but beat them and Southeastern did beat them....none of those were good teams last year. A good team could upset them.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

mrwonderful wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:23 pm Oak Hill is overrated just like last year!!! lol.. They may beat up on some of these weak teams in our area but they'll be exposed in tourney just like last year...Fairland would kill them...They better be glad fairland moved up a div...If Burg will move holden down low Burg will beat them...Holden would own the paint......
Darby is just as tall as Holden but much larger. Holden will not own the paint against him but I will say if Burg does not put Holden in the post the burg will get beat bad by the Oaks.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

lol Oak Hill isn't a great basketball team...Not even close...and yes Holden would school darby lol

Bballfan2
Waterboy

Post by Bballfan2 »

mrwonderful wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:08 pm lol Oak Hill isn't a great basketball team...Not even close...and yes Holden would school darby lol

Not sure if you seen the burg rock hill game last year but I believe Darby put up 28 on Holden and burg. And his freshman season did the same.

Return to “Boys Basketball”