Soc Predictions for next year

soccerdude
Waterboy

Re: Soc Predictions for next year

Post by soccerdude »

Having a defense of seniors is definately a plus, burg has one as well. The only thing that burg's defense has on minford's is experience. This could go a long way. Just having a defense of seniors doesn't mean that they will be very good. What is the talent and names of the players in minford's backfield??

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

defense wins games in soccer. that's why state tourney games are 1-0. strong defense makes your offense better. don't get me wrong. you have to score more than the other team, but you only need 1 if the other team has 0.

Sports_Tracker
Freshman Team

Post by Sports_Tracker »

I can't believe no one has discussed the question of who is playing club soccer that will be returning next season and what are the players doing now to prepare for the next season. I know several players that are currently playing club soccer at all different levels. I don't believe only going by last season can we make a decision on who is going to win the SOC. One of the reasons that Southern Ohio teams have difficulty making it far in tournaments is that sometimes no one on some of these teams play club soccer. Most of the Northern Ohio, Cinn teams, and Central Ohio teams have multiple players that play club soccer, indoor during the winter months and go to camps and etc. during the other months so they can contribute to their high school team. It is so hard to compete with teams that have so many players that are doing so much during the year and our Southern Ohio teams have such few players that work at it to develop their skills. This is what will make such a difference when it comes to choosing who will win the SOC. I know of several southern ohio players that are taking this initiative to make themselves better and it will show come fall. Many of the Northern teams have 4-5 players that play together in high school then on to play on the same club team in the spring. That makes a big difference come tournament play.

As for the Districts, Regionals, and State Soccer Tournaments, we are approaching a new development in Northern Ohio, and Central Ohio. Many of the kids that have played club ball in the spring and with their high school in the fall, are no longer playing high school soccer at all. Academy leagues and Development leagues have now begun that allow these players to play only for the league and not high school. I believe this is such a high level of competition, that many of the best players from those areas will not be rostered on their high school team. It will be interesting to see how it all turns out in the next few years for some of these high school teams.

I just hope Southern Ohio soccer continues to move in the right direction and becomes even more competive. Still to early to decide on who wins the SOC. IMO South Webster will win their division and it
should be fun to watch Minford, Waverly and Burg fight for the title.

As for the comment above about who the standouts should be....... I just hope we don't get too caught up on one player making such a big difference. It takes a team of 11 players on that field to win a game and each of them need to do their role better than their opponent. One player cant do it all. This is what makes soccer such a great sport to watch.

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

soccerdude wrote:Having a defense of seniors is definately a plus, burg has one as well. The only thing that burg's defense has on minford's is experience. This could go a long way. Just having a defense of seniors doesn't mean that they will be very good. What is the talent and names of the players in minford's backfield??

Minfords defense having no experience??uhh no don't think so.Their whole defense is experienced.I know serveral who have started since their freshman year.Trust me,minford's D has plenty of experience.And the addition of Jacob Sparks will add even more experience.

The_Flash_10
Waterboy

Post by The_Flash_10 »

The S.O.C will still be very tough this year but i think that the two teams battleing for the top will be wheelersburg and minford...waverly close behind

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

sports tracker....I could not agree more. The level of play in this area is light years behind what you see in the central and northern part of the state. playing club ball is a great start, but how many from this area could even play club ball? as you mentioned. for the really good players they have given up on high school soccer. they know to play at the next level you need more competition and high school will not give that to you like high level club ball will. it is sad in many ways.

southern ohio needs new coaches and they need to work on developing youth programs and then these prepare kids for high school. would love to see this happen but i am not too confident this will happen any time soon.

Sports_Tracker
Freshman Team

Post by Sports_Tracker »

RxBurg Fan.... I do think several kids are playing club ball and I know many of them played indoor over the winter. I know the Rio Grande coaches have put together a club and that can only help southern ohio. Waverly, Wheelersburg, Minford, and SW all have players that is playing club so that is a good start. As for the coaches, they just need to be more supportive for their own programs and put more emphasis on the off season.

burgkeep09
Waterboy

Post by burgkeep09 »

ok for surly i know that there are many kids from burg that are playin club soccer........ and for a fact burg will most lkely win the socII the team that boll will be coaching this year has said to be better than they were last year......

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

Now that it's starting to warm up has any body started open fields anywhere?

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

Burg has started open field on mondays and fridays. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

Minford started open field last week on Tues. and Thurs., but there is people out playing about everyday.

burgkeep09
Waterboy

Post by burgkeep09 »

yeah burg started thier first open feild like 2 in ahlf weeks ago..........so lets give a definite opinoin on who will win the soc.

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

any times?...i might try to hit some up within the next couple weeks

burgkeep09
Waterboy

Post by burgkeep09 »

burg ussually has theres at about 4 30 on hayprt by the river

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

burgkeep09 is this who I think it is?

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

Roberto is that you?

burgkeep09
Waterboy

Post by burgkeep09 »

hey now u now it is

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

burgkeep09 wrote:hey now u now it is

what?? Its me Riepo.....you know who it is just think classmates man

burgkeep09
Waterboy

Post by burgkeep09 »

i thinkthat burg will come on top this year
Last edited by burgkeep09 on Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Flash_10
Waterboy

Post by The_Flash_10 »

Burg...Followed by...well who cares???
Burg shoud win out the SOC easily this year

Return to “Soccer”