Waverly(13) @ (38)Nelsonville-York

turd ferguson
Riding the Bench

Re: WK5 Waverly (4-0) @ Nelsonville-York (4-0)

Post by turd ferguson »

First off I dont see the kids picking Elvis so kick rocks.
Secondly Waverly is OVERRATED!!!! also if you blatantly rip a players helmet off and throw it you shoukd be ejected!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

We made a statement tonight.
We pushed the mighty tigers around all night!
Good luck with the rest of your season Waverly.
5-0!!!!!!!!!!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to Nelsonville York

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

My buddy Ground Buck told me tonight that he's staying off here for a while cause he says "too many of you are butt hurt about his prediction for tonight's game." But he wanted me to relay the message below:

Image :mrgreen:

WOO HOO GO BUCKEYES!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

NY Tomcat wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:39 pm My buddy Ground Buck told me tonight that he's staying off here for a while cause he says "too many of you are butt hurt about his prediction for tonight's game." But he wanted me to relay the message below:

Image :mrgreen:

WOO HOO GO BUCKEYES!
Lol!!! That’s funny

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Very nice win NY. Looking tough. It was hard to pick a winner in this game for me, but I was definitely wrong going with Waverly. Keep it rolling NY. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Very nice win for NY.

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Gotta say, this is very impressive.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

yup

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Lt. Shinysides
Waterboy

Post by Lt. Shinysides »

turd ferguson wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:13 pm Gonna go off topic for a minute but the music being played over the loudspeakers before Ny games is terrible! How you supposes to get all hacked up listening to Elvis? Bring back ac/dc or the best darn band in the land or something cause ol turd wants to stick forks in his ears than listen to this!
Well the players picked this music and they're 5-0 so they're doing something right

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I think so too Blizzard. I thought it would have been closer/tight game.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Thought NY would take this one after seeing Waverly play against ZT. NY was the 1st game I figured Waverly would lose to predicted 1-2 score game didn't think it would be this bad. Think now everyone will sit back and really reevaluate both of these teams, sort of downplay the waverly hype now and the NY hype train will start to pick up steam.

Peregrine06
Riding the Bench

Post by Peregrine06 »

Fair to say we can discuss Nelsonvile-York playoff seeding and matchups now. I know you should take it one week at a time, but this is another solid team. Congrats Buckeyes!

Lt. Shinysides
Waterboy

Post by Lt. Shinysides »

turd ferguson wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:23 pm First off I dont see the kids picking Elvis so kick rocks.
Secondly Waverly is OVERRATED!!!! also if you blatantly rip a players helmet off and throw it you shoukd be ejected!!!!
That's funny because the music was playing off the running backs phone haha how could you dislike 50's rock? ) :mrgreen:

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

5 turnovers by the Tigers...NY ran it all over us. Congrats Buckeyes...Tigers have a lot of work to do.

buckfan2016
Waterboy

Post by buckfan2016 »

Mark Minford off that list. They have a very stagnant offense. Any decent defense can shut them down with little effort.
[/quote]

And they put 33 points on the board. Is Minford's offense underrated or is NY defense overrated?
[/quote]
I think that is my point. Lol. They put 33 on Northwest. Who is 0-4. Put 21 on Rock Hill. 7 on Oak Hill. Are you seeing where I'm going with this? I don't think Nelsonvilles defense has been tested. That will change on Friday.
[/quote]

Sorry Pirate. NY was tested and held waverly to 13. the last score coming with 30 seconds left in the 4th. Maybe it's Waverly's offense that wasn't tested yet this year. Waverly looked in awe of NY's Speed. They found out they weren't the fastest team on the field and NY's smaller line dominated the line of scrimmage all night. no seperation from Wr's and the QB looked rattled all night.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Really impressive win for the Buckeyes. I expected a high scoring and tight game and thought that the Tigers would get the win and I really couldn't have been more wrong!

Now I feel like I should work hard to get to a game with the Buckeyes in it this year. Very impressive to put it on Waverly like they did tonight.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:58 am Really impressive win for the Buckeyes. I expected a high scoring and tight game and thought that the Tigers would get the win and I really couldn't have been more wrong!

Now I feel like I should work hard to get to a game with the Buckeyes in it this year. Very impressive to put it on Waverly like they did tonight.
We are fun to watch, that's for sure.
I give a ton of credit to our coaching staff. They put together a great game plan week to week and they make excellent adjustments during the game.
Our kids buy in and work their butts off all week in practice.
We don't have a lot of size but we do have a lot of speed, and we know how to use it.
We are home weeks 7 and 9. We have The Plains week 10. You should go to that one. We will have more folks at Rutter field than the Plains will 8-)

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Watson40
Waterboy

Post by Watson40 »

Oh wow. Was there a running clock in this game? When was the last time Waverly was on the wrong end of that? Waverly is still a very talented team. They will bounce back to a nice season. Good job Bucks!

buckfan2016
Waterboy

Post by buckfan2016 »

Yes running clock at the end of 3rd. NY was up 38-6. Would love to hear SMURRAYS thoughts. He always seems to be spot on with his view. Waverly will bounce back next week then set up the big showdown with the Burg in week 7.

Return to “Football”