Ironton(7) @ (28)Coal Grove

Abe Froman
S

Re: WEEK 8 (4-3) IRONTON @ (6-1) COAL GROVE.

Post by Abe Froman »

My work schedule may have me coming back up the road Friday from WV about game time for this one, so I may hop off and catch this game actually instead of trying to make it to Minford to see the Pirates. Should be a good game, playoff implications and seedings for both teams in this one.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Don't mean to be a meany but you forgot one game. 1930 Ironton 13 Coal Grove 0

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

If Ironton wins out, they will make the playoffs.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

RiverRatRay wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:18 am Don't mean to be a meany but you forgot one game. 1930 Ironton 13 Coal Grove 0

you big bully I only went back to the 60's.duly noted and I remain humbled by the king of seops my friend.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

This should be a good game. To beat Ironton you have to throw consistently or at least pose a throwing threat. Burg, Fairland, and Ashland all move the ball through the air. Ironton stops the run well, good linebackers. If Coal Grove wants to win they will have to pass more than usual. Ironton is getting more efficient on offense and I think they can beat anyone if they don't turn the ball over. Ironton 34 Coal Grove 21

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:15 am
RiverRatRay wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:18 am Don't mean to be a meany but you forgot one game. 1930 Ironton 13 Coal Grove 0

you big bully I only went back to the 60's.duly noted and I remain humbled by the king of seops my friend.
LOL youze a dozey my friend! I think the Rock Hill crowd outnumbered us last Friday night and it was Homecoming. Am I going to have to get on my soapbox? I haven't seen the Grovers play this year but it seems they are getting better with each week. Coach Nick Miller sat by me at the Rock Hill game doing his scouting thing for Coal Grove. He left when the game went to a running clock at the 9 minute mark of the 4th quarter. Ironton had better bring their "A" game if they want to stay in this one with the Hornets.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Coal Grove gives Ironton their 2nd loss in OVC play

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Coal Grove has one of the most balanced offenses in the OVC, with a heck of a defense. The hornets win this one, and Ironton fans start scrambling to pick up the pieces of what their team use to be as they lose to another county school.

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

The best of luck too the Fighting Tigers.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree flash.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

I hope the Tigers can win out, and make the playoffs.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I believe Ironton will have to win out to get into the playoffs.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I think so too. as currently they are at 9.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Ironton will be the best team Coal Grove has seen so far. Since Vass has gone with the big boys running the ball the offense has became an offense. Ironton is going to have to play good pass defense however. They do have talent, it will be a good challenge for this group to show they have gotten better since the ashland game. Ironton 42 grove 13.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I look for a much closer game than this.

i83
Freshman Team

Post by i83 »

Toss up

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I too, think this could go either way 83.

SportFan08
Riding the Bench

Post by SportFan08 »

IBTT wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:59 am Ironton will be the best team Coal Grove has seen so far. Since Vass has gone with the big boys running the ball the offense has became an offense. Ironton is going to have to play good pass defense however. They do have talent, it will be a good challenge for this group to show they have gotten better since the ashland game. Ironton 42 grove 13.
You’re so full of it! West is the best team the Grove has faced and will be. Since CG has a half way decent coach, the Grove has a really good chance to beat the Tigers.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

IBTT wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:59 am Ironton will be the best team Coal Grove has seen so far. Since Vass has gone with the big boys running the ball the offense has became an offense. Ironton is going to have to play good pass defense however. They do have talent, it will be a good challenge for this group to show they have gotten better since the ashland game. Ironton 42 grove 13.
He’s back! Lol. Cal preps has grove winning so you’re prediction is a bit skewed. Coal Grove was the best team I saw in preview overall. They have some size and some playmakers. Most importantly they played inspired. To me this is a toss up. I’ll go Ironton because of mental bridge that the grove must get over like fairland

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

laser breath wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:50 am
He’s back! Lol. Cal preps has grove winning so you’re prediction is a bit skewed. Coal Grove was the best team I saw in preview overall. They have some size and some playmakers. Most importantly they played inspired. To me this is a toss up. I’ll go Ironton because of mental bridge that the grove must get over like fairland

Is this what his user name stands for? IBTT = I Be Trash Talking ;) ;)

Return to “Football”