Why do we not have the top 25 rankings this year?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Why do we not have the top 25 rankings this year?

Post by EasternDspy »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:04 am Yeah Fort Frye should be listed. Probably not Shenandoah.
Shenandoah straight took it to Waterford in the foundation game. Guess it depends on the availability of Hunter Hraham and Nick Miller.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:04 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:36 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:00 pm 1. Burg
2. PWest
3. Nelsonville
4. Chillicothe
5. Jackson
6. Waverly
7. Hillsboro
8. Coal Grove
9. Athens
10. Fairfield Union
11. Southeastern
12. Fairland
13. Ironton
14. Unioto
15. Waterford
16. Sheridan
17. Washington CH
18. Marietta
19. Wellston
20. Meigs
21. Vinton Co
22. Trimble
23. Gallia Academy
24. Logan
25. Chesapeake

Where is Fort Frye and Shenandoah?
Outside of the SE District

If Waterford is considered Southeastern then Fort Frye is. You could throw a football from Beverly to Waterford. I thought we’ve pretty much accepted on this site that the PVC was included lol.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:30 am
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:04 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:36 pm

Where is Fort Frye and Shenandoah?
Outside of the SE District

If Waterford is considered Southeastern then Fort Frye is. You could throw a football from Beverly to Waterford. I thought we’ve pretty much accepted on this site that the PVC was included lol.
Someone asked for a top 25 and I threw one out there using SE District teams. Those schools would be in there if I did.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:21 am I will be taking a shot at this in the morning sometime but i will include lancaster and a few others i do not see here I mean last time i check don't we talk about zane trace on here. I do not see how court house is on here their 2-5 on field But i mean nice try for the most part i agree except west at 2
Zane Trace lost convincingly to Unioto, Waverly and Southeastern...their best wins are against 2-5 teams that haven't beaten anyone. Washington played Hillsboro tight beat Circleville nicely and played Jackson good. I think they are top 25. I've been wrong before.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I think now we know why only the boss man should do this, lol. this was a hoot reading though. where are you bossman.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:58 am
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:21 am I will be taking a shot at this in the morning sometime but i will include lancaster and a few others i do not see here I mean last time i check don't we talk about zane trace on here. I do not see how court house is on here their 2-5 on field But i mean nice try for the most part i agree except west at 2
Zane Trace lost convincingly to Unioto, Waverly and Southeastern...their best wins are against 2-5 teams that haven't beaten anyone. Washington played Hillsboro tight beat Circleville nicely and played Jackson good. I think they are top 25. I've been wrong before.
darn good try man. Im not saying your wrong thats the good thing about a top 25 everyone would have a different one.

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

2. PWest
3. Nelsonville
4. Chillicothe
5. Jackson
6. Waverly
7. Hillsboro
8. Coal Grove
9. Athens
10. Fairfield Union
11. Southeastern
12. Fairland
13. Ironton
14. Unioto
15. Waterford
16. Sheridan
17. Washington CH
18. Marietta
19. Wellston
20. Meigs
21. Vinton Co
22. Trimble
23. Gallia Academy
24. Logan
25. Chesapeake
Portsmouth East? They're overrated, for sure. But so is Southeastern. I'd stick East in there somewhere and move Southeastern down.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I agree with ironman92's thought process.

Here is what Calpreps has to say regarding NY vs. the other top programs in southeast Ohio...........

[2017] Wheelersburg (OH) 40, [2017] Nelsonville-York (Nelsonville, OH) 14
[2017] Portsmouth West (West Portsmouth, OH) 24, [2017] Nelsonville-York (Nelsonville, OH) 23
[2017] Nelsonville-York (Nelsonville, OH) 27, [2017] Chillicothe (OH) 26
[2017] Nelsonville-York (Nelsonville, OH) 24, [2017] Jackson (OH) 23

Wheelersburg would be the clear #1

I think you would have West, NY, Chillicothe and Jackson battling it out for spots 2-5.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Now that Sheridan has things together it wouldn't shock me if they would only lose to Burg.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I'll have one out next week.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

mattash wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:23 pm I'll have one out next week.
I loved your list.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

mattash wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:23 pm I'll have one out next week.
Ask and ye shall receive. 🤣. That’s why I like you Matt.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

GoIrish wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:55 am
2. PWest
3. Nelsonville
4. Chillicothe
5. Jackson
6. Waverly
7. Hillsboro
8. Coal Grove
9. Athens
10. Fairfield Union
11. Southeastern
12. Fairland
13. Ironton
14. Unioto
15. Waterford
16. Sheridan
17. Washington CH
18. Marietta
19. Wellston
20. Meigs
21. Vinton Co
22. Trimble
23. Gallia Academy
24. Logan
25. Chesapeake
Portsmouth East? They're overrated, for sure. But so is Southeastern. I'd stick East in there somewhere and move Southeastern down.
That's fine. District not great in football this season. Southeastern good wins against Unioto and Zane Trace. East beat the snot out of bad teams and one good team they got whipped pretty good. I have no problem with East in the top 25. They and ZT were two of my considered that I didn't list.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:54 pm Heres my question since we never know where our cut off line is. If logan and fairfield union both make the cut How the hell is lancaster not in our talking area cause they should be no worst then 2 maybe 3
Good question. When you mention "why FU?", I thought about that before.

I think the answer to your question may just be a little too simple. Fairfield Union is in the Southeast District for sports, that's the rationale for why they're considered 'SE Ohio.' Ironically, Amanda-Clearcreek and Berne Union, two communities and districts further south than FU, might not be considered 'SE Ohio' on this board and thus why they're rarely talked, although I and others can make arguments that those two schools resemble a south(east)ern Ohio school more than FU... LOL.

Now, why not Lancaster? My guess is, if you count Lancaster HS as being a "SE Ohio" school, then they're the largest school by enrollment fitting that label - and by far; yes they are much bigger than Logan. So, I think the community here at large would chalk that up as an instant "no, they're not SE Ohio", since approval otherwise of declaring LHS as being SEO would dead end these Top 25 discussions if person A says "Burg is the best SE Ohio team", only for person B to reply "no, uh, that's actually Lancaster." And, since Burg and Lancaster will never play (or... effectively any true SEO that's not Logan, anymore), it would be pointless to have it be one of the 6,057 clichéd, yearly topics on here (at least all the other ones are entertaining!)

The one other thing is Lancaster has two private schools, both of whom have specific sports programs in their respective athletics departments that are overwhelmingly better than 95% of the similarly sized competition on the Southeast District. If you are familiar with the sentiment people on the SEOPS basketball forum have toward those schools and their league compatriots, its evident that the fine posters would rather not count the community of Lancaster as being "SE Ohio" since that'd mean considering three schools that are much unlike southeastern OH schools and their athletics at large. (Notice, I'm not just referring to why the poll wouldn't consider Lancaster, but why in general there is minimal talk of Lancaster and the schools in that community to start with here.)

P.S. - I, and many people living in and around zip code 43130, think Lancaster, the city = Southeast Ohio. But, Lancaster HS and those schools = Central Ohio. LHS especially sees themselves as being a 'working class, Central Ohio' school athletically, particularly when you consider who they play week in/week out.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:28 am
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:54 pm Heres my question since we never know where our cut off line is. If logan and fairfield union both make the cut How the hell is lancaster not in our talking area cause they should be no worst then 2 maybe 3
Good question. When you mention "why FU?", I thought about that before.

I think the answer to your question may just be a little too simple. Fairfield Union is in the Southeast District for sports, that's the rationale for why they're considered 'SE Ohio.' Ironically, Amanda-Clearcreek and Berne Union, two communities and districts further south than FU, might not be considered 'SE Ohio' on this board and thus why they're rarely talked, although I and others can make arguments that those two schools resemble a south(east)ern Ohio school more than FU... LOL.

Now, why not Lancaster? My guess is, if you count Lancaster HS as being a "SE Ohio" school, then they're the largest school by enrollment fitting that label - and by far; yes they are much bigger than Logan. So, I think the community here at large would chalk that up as an instant "no, they're not SE Ohio", since approval otherwise of declaring LHS as being SEO would dead end these Top 25 discussions if person A says "Burg is the best SE Ohio team", only for person B to reply "no, uh, that's actually Lancaster." And, since Burg and Lancaster will never play (or... effectively any true SEO that's not Logan, anymore), it would be pointless to have it be one of the 6,057 clichéd, yearly topics on here (at least all the other ones are entertaining!)

The one other thing is Lancaster has two private schools, both of whom have specific sports programs in their respective athletics departments that are overwhelmingly better than 95% of the similarly sized competition on the Southeast District. If you are familiar with the sentiment people on the SEOPS basketball forum have toward those schools and their league compatriots, its evident that the fine posters would rather not count the community of Lancaster as being "SE Ohio" since that'd mean considering three schools that are much unlike southeastern OH schools and their athletics at large. (Notice, I'm not just referring to why the poll wouldn't consider Lancaster, but why in general there is minimal talk of Lancaster and the schools in that community to start with here.)

P.S. - I, and many people living in and around zip code 43130, think Lancaster, the city = Southeast Ohio. But, Lancaster HS and those schools = Central Ohio. LHS especially sees themselves as being a 'working class, Central Ohio' school athletically, particularly when you consider who they play week in/week out.
Nice write up... I just figured if we consider fu and others lancaster should be here and would be number 1

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:43 pm Now that Sheridan has things together it wouldn't shock me if they would only lose to Burg.
Agree. See some other teams that needs changed around on there too. :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

So much for the East argument....Gallia gone.

Maybe jump OH in

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

We don't have a top 25, because there aren't 25 average to good teams to list.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

bman wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:20 am We don't have a top 25, because there aren't 25 average to good teams to list.
Oh but there are.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

3 unbeaten teams will dispute that thinking. .

Return to “Football”