Waverly(27) @ (31)West

noles_fan
S

Re: WK 8 SOC 2: Waverly (5-2) vs. Portsmouth West (7-0)

Post by noles_fan »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:00 am
noles_fan wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:14 am
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:10 am

On the other hand the Burg put up 62 points on Waverly and won by 42 points while West was only able to up 31. I think the Pirates actually scored 28 in one quarter alone. If West had trouble stopping Waverlys passing game then they will never cover Holden, Lowery, Carmichael, Dyer, etc.
Clearly you missed the point all together or just didn't read it. The post was about comparing defenses it had nothing to do with burgs offense.
I thought Waverly scored 27 on West?
Yup 20 points on the defense and 7 off of a kick return.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

noles_fan wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:43 pm

Clearly you missed the point all together or just didn't read it. The post was about comparing defenses it had nothing to do with burgs offense.
They didn’t defend that? I’m confused. They just kicked it to them and let them score? That’s so crazy, it may actually work.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

noles_fan wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:29 pm So just a little question. Burg posters are big about comparing common opponents so here is a comparison i'm having a little trouble with. Burg's defense gave up 20 points to Waverly, the exact number of points that West's defense gave up. Burg gave up 225 through the air on 18-28 while West gave up 214 on 22-30 (with according to the Waverly posters one of their best athletes back). So the question is by the philosophy of common opponents wouldn't this make West's defense as good as burgs?

On the other hand the Burg put up 62 points on Waverly and won by 42 points while West was only able to up 31. I think the Pirates actually scored 28 in one quarter alone. If West had trouble stopping Waverlys passing game then they will never cover Holden, Lowery, Carmichael, Dyer, etc.
I actually did mention the defense of West when I said if they couldn't stop Waverlys passing game they will struggle covering the Pirates array of receivers. Salyers is one of the best I have seen in a while at finding the open man and hitting them in stride.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Burg fumbled at their own 30 yard line to give Waverly a short field to work with thats how they scored their first 7 points the next score came on like a 72 yd pass play that Burgs defensive back tripped up and then Waverlys last score came on Burgs 2nd or 3rd team defense in all honesty Waverly would have had only one score on that long pass if it wasnt for Burgs mistakes but hey thats what happens sometimes so IMO West has a good defense and they have turned their program around and hopefully they are good for years to come that would make the soc2 division exciting also IMO I dont think West would beat Jackson or Bishop Watterson but we will see in week 10 so good luck to both teams in finishing out the regular season and in the playoffs! GO BURG!

Burg grad 85
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:07 pm

I actually did mention the defense of West when I said if they couldn't stop Waverlys passing game they will struggle covering the Pirates array of receivers. Salyers is one of the best I have seen in a while at finding the open man and hitting them in stride.
Reading proficiency wasn’t his thing 77.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

scott1297 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:09 pm

Burg fumbled at their own 30 yard line to give Waverly a short field to work with thats how they scored their first 7 points the next score came on like a 72 yd pass play that Burgs defensive back tripped up and then Waverlys last score came on Burgs 2nd or 3rd team defense in all honesty Waverly would have had only one score on that long pass if it wasnt for Burgs mistakes but hey thats what happens sometimes so IMO West has a good defense and they have turned their program around and hopefully they are good for years to come that would make the soc2 division exciting also IMO I dont think West would beat Jackson or Bishop Watterson but we will see in week 10 so good luck to both teams in finishing out the regular season and in the playoffs! GO BURG!
In all due respect Waverly’s last TD was the screen pass that Kritswizer took to the house and it wasn’t against Wheelersburgs 2nd & 3rd string. If it was, Holden must be 2nd string.
Wheelersburg didn’t sub until Waverly sent in their JV offense with a freshman QB. Who was Wheelersburgs JV QB on their next possession?
Name sounded familiar from last year.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Blah blah blah.
Waverly has a good team...... that's it.
West has a good team.......
Burg has a great team.......

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

smurray wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:16 pm
In all due respect Waverly’s last TD was the screen pass that Kritswizer took to the house and it wasn’t against Wheelersburgs 2nd & 3rd string. If it was, Holden must be 2nd string.
Wheelersburg didn’t sub until Waverly sent in their JV offense with a freshman QB. Who was Wheelersburgs JV QB on their next possession?
Holden is 2nd string defense and Dyer is 2nd string QB. Burg has seniors that are good enough to play on team that are second string. That’s how deep they are.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Pole Vaulting over a mouse 💩. Who do you want? Dyer? Lowery? Sorry we don’t have anyone worse than that.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Lol maybe put ruby in. Haha he would run all over them!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

wobycat wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:34 pm
Holden is 2nd string defense and Dyer is 2nd string QB. Burg has seniors that are good enough to play on team that are second string. That’s how deep they are.
So is Holden also a second string receiver because he caught a touchdown from Salyers right after Waverly scored their last touchdown. Isn't Salyers also the starting QB? :roll: :roll:

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Awe...... I almost feel sorry for you all. Can't compete with the pirates. Let's throw a pity party for the victims of the pirates this year! Oh wait we do. We sing the fight song. Come join us next time.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

There were a mix of starters and non starters in. We didn't pull all starters until waverly did.. that's just the way it goes..

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:50 pm Awe...... I almost feel sorry for you all. Can't compete with the pirates. Let's throw a pity party for the victims of the pirates this year! Oh wait we do. We sing the fight song. Come join us next time.
I don’t. Not even close. Pity Party? Dude parties have an end. This is like a Pity Holiday. Where they let you off work and $h!t.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Personally I wouldn't have put the 2nd and 3rd string in. Burgs 1st string hasn't played a full game all season. They needed the exercise.

Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

A win is a win you can't forget that. Quit bringing up scores to other games you can't tell if it's going to be a blowout or a close game come week 10. All I know is that west is getting prepared like no other and there going to give you everything they got so be ready. They hit hard play hard and with passion and heart. Best of luck to burg thinking your going to come into this game and just destroy west your wrong I hope that we absolutely dominate burg make you want to quit the game end your perfect season by domination be ready because they sure as hell will be.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Watch yourself Noles, they might try to whip you in a Walmart parking lot :D

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Westfan wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:06 pm Watch yourself Noles, they might try to whip you in a Walmart parking lot :D
:lol: :lol: Good one!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

wobycat wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:34 pm Holden is 2nd string defense and Dyer is 2nd string QB. Burg has seniors that are good enough to play on team that are second string. That’s how deep they are.
Berry is our 2nd string quarterback even though he starts both ways. So by this logic did West play the JV in the 3rd quarter against Waverly? 8-)

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Jolly(senator wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:05 pm A win is a win you can't forget that. Quit bringing up scores to other games you can't tell if it's going to be a blowout or a close game come week 10. All I know is that west is getting prepared like no other and there going to give you everything they got so be ready. They hit hard play hard and with passion and heart. Best of luck to burg thinking your going to come into this game and just destroy west your wrong I hope that we absolutely dominate burg make you want to quit the game end your perfect season by domination be ready because they sure as hell will be.
God PLEASE 👏🙏🏼 it’s THEY’RE. Take note. You ready? Ok. Here we go. Burg doesn’t think THEY’RE going to blowout West. They know THEY’RE going to come out and play THEIR game. THERE will be no doubt, after 4 quarters, the Burg is the better Team. They will win by 4+ scores.

Return to “Football”