State Semi Finals: Wheelersburg 15 Middletown Madison 10

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: Middletown Madison vs. Wheelersburg DV State Semi-Final

Post by BurgGrad6 »

JTEK wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:30 am
BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:27 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:04 am

Amen. Most of the people around southern Ohio will stand behind the local teams but really get rubbed the wrong way when some people from Burg pound their chests with these running clock predictions.

You have a good football program. We get that. Good luck.
So if they predict a 30+ point victory but don’t mention the “running clock” does that make it ok? It’s no different than making any other predictions... the running clock just hurts peoples feelings... it’s like a mercy rule in baseball.. burg has had 11 of 13 running clocks this season. So predicting another isn’t crazy... I personally don’t think this week will be a running clock but I also don’t think it will be close...
No I would prefer something like “ if burg plays their game I think they will come out on top “. The 30 -40 -running clock predictions are kind of classless in my oppinion.
They have been right all year though... if burg was playing st. X or something I would predict a running clock the other way.. it’s not classless.. it’s an informed opinion.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some make more sense if you have facts to back it up.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I predict a running clock lol

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

fbnut wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:47 am I really wish sometimes burg fans would just quit making all the running clock predictions. I’m not talking specifically about this game but the entire season. It just doesn’t look good. Burg will show up, play hard and the best team on Friday night will be playing in Canton for a State Championship. Good luck GO BURG
I totally agree! There is no need in that !

Burg grad 85
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Btw if burg plays ther game, there is no reason that it shouldn’t be a running clock. Madison has lost a couple games to teams that burg would beat. Like I said earlier a running clock prediction isn’t a crazy one.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:53 am I predict a running clock lol
It’s going to run at some point. Might not be continuous though lmao!

S281
Waterboy

Post by S281 »

Food for thought

Burgs 4 best wins this year according to the Nov. 19th rankings.
1st JM ranked 7th
2nd Columbus Academy 14th
3rd Portsmouth 16th
4th Bishop Ready 29th

Madison’s 4 best wins
1st Anna 6th
2nd CHCA 10th
3rd WJ 15th
4th Carlisle 25th

All 4 better for Madison. Maybe the computers are wrong. Maybe Burgs 4 are great and Madison’s all over rated. Maybe.

Burgs run defense has allowed more yards than Madison’s. 3 playoff games , ANNA 72, CHCA 25 , WJ 23 yards. For the entire game. Not a single run, quarter or half. Game. Total of 120 over 3 playoff games. These are not push over teams. Food for thought. We all know defense and running the football wins championships.............
Last edited by S281 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:55 am Btw if burg plays ther game, there is no reason that it shouldn’t be a running clock. Madison has lost a couple games to teams that burg would beat. Like I said earlier a running clock prediction isn’t a crazy one.
Didn’t say the running clock predictions were crazy or in correct on most occasions. Just not needed

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:53 am Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some make more sense if you have facts to back it up.
Not about facts in my oppinion, more about right or wrong
People could go to topix and post all kind of stuff that may very well be true but it doesn’t make it the right thing to do

Bdawg79
Waterboy

Post by Bdawg79 »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:51 am
BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:27 am

So if they predict a 30+ point victory but don’t mention the “running clock” does that make it ok? It’s no different than making any other predictions... the running clock just hurts peoples feelings... it’s like a mercy rule in baseball.. burg has had 11 of 13 running clocks this season. So predicting another isn’t crazy... I personally don’t think this week will be a running clock but I also don’t think it will be close...
No I would prefer something like “ if burg plays their game I think they will come out on top “. The 30 -40 -running clock predictions are kind of classless in my oppinion.
They have been right all year though... if burg was playing st. X or something I would predict a running clock the other way.. it’s not classless.. it’s an informed opinion.
I don’t care who the burg plays in the state of Ohio I couldn’t see anyone putting a running clock on the burg this year defense way to talented for that they could be beat but no running clock

Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

I hate to say it but I hope burg wins state...

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Bdawg79 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:47 am
I don’t care who the burg plays in the state of Ohio I couldn’t see anyone putting a running clock on the burg this year defense way to talented for that they could be beat but no running clock
I think there are probably 10-15 teams if not more in Ohio that are capable of putting a running clock on the burg. Bigger schools are a totally different animal.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

fbnut wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:51 am
Bdawg79 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:47 am
I think there are probably 10-15 teams if not more in Ohio that are capable of putting a running clock on the burg. Bigger schools are a totally different animal.
Completely agree. D1 final four teams would running clock any D5/6 team.

on a side note. WHAT ARE WE TALKING ABOUT!?!?!?! lol

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

I think there is a chance Hartley will put a running clock on the Burg next year. Then the Burg will change from being a big fish in a little pond to another little fish in a big pond.

BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

S281 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:30 am Food for thought

1st JM ranked 7th
3rd Portsmouth 16th
4th Bishop Ready 29th

Madison’s 4 best wins
1st Anna 6th
2nd CHCA 10th
3rd WJ 15th
4th Carlisle 25th

All 4 better for Madison. Maybe the computers are wrong. Maybe Burgs 4 are great and Madison’s all over rated. Maybe.

Burgs run defense has allowed more yards than Madison’s. 3 playoff games , ANNA 72, CHCA 25 , WJ 23 yards. For the entire game. Not a single run, quarter or half. Game. Total of 120 over 3 playoff games. These are not push over teams. Food for thought. We all know defense and running the football wins championships.............
The computers must be wrong because Burg didn't play Portsmouth .

14U
S

Post by 14U »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:38 am
bleed_blue wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:36 am
fbnut wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:22 am
What year did burg almost upset the Trojans in early 2000’s? Burg was a .500 team and almost pulled off a huge upset.
2001 Portsmouth beat Wheelersburg 21-19

Burg actually tied that 2001 game with Ptown but got screwed on the 2 point conversion try. The ball was over the goal line and they didn't get the call. Didn't guarantee they would win in OT but they did hang with them so no way is that Ptown team the 2nd best team from around here. Burg struggled all year but still went 5-5 and made the playoffs. Andrew Burleson was the QB that year.

The best team around here still has to be the 89 Burg team that went undefeated and won the state. Until some other team betters that they are tops. This years Burg team can eclipse that. They can go 15-0 and win state.

Ptown lost the state title in 2000 because they ran into a team that could slow down the run game. Didn't Ptown have the ball 1st and goal from the 9 yard line in the last minute of the game and they threw 4 straight passes and they had only attempted one pass during the playoffs up until that time? I watched all of the games up until the state semi-final game and they pretty much dominated up until then. I think the one pass they had tried actually was off of a fake punt by the 2nd string QB.

I think a team east of u won a state title that year too. If my mind is working right that year Ironton moved or burg moved to a different division and if the wouldn’t have happen Burg doesn’t make that state game because of lutz and company.

S281
Waterboy

Post by S281 »

Portsmouth West. 41-7. My bad. Didnt mean to confuse you.
Last edited by S281 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

14U wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:12 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:38 am
bleed_blue wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:36 am

2001 Portsmouth beat Wheelersburg 21-19

Burg actually tied that 2001 game with Ptown but got screwed on the 2 point conversion try. The ball was over the goal line and they didn't get the call. Didn't guarantee they would win in OT but they did hang with them so no way is that Ptown team the 2nd best team from around here. Burg struggled all year but still went 5-5 and made the playoffs. Andrew Burleson was the QB that year.

The best team around here still has to be the 89 Burg team that went undefeated and won the state. Until some other team betters that they are tops. This years Burg team can eclipse that. They can go 15-0 and win state.

Ptown lost the state title in 2000 because they ran into a team that could slow down the run game. Didn't Ptown have the ball 1st and goal from the 9 yard line in the last minute of the game and they threw 4 straight passes and they had only attempted one pass during the playoffs up until that time? I watched all of the games up until the state semi-final game and they pretty much dominated up until then. I think the one pass they had tried actually was off of a fake punt by the 2nd string QB.

I think a team east of u won a state title that year too. If my mind is working right that year Ironton moved or burg moved to a different division and if the wouldn’t have happen Burg doesn’t make that state game because of lutz and company.

Ptown lost on turnovers and play calling. They had the ball first and goal at the 2 and everybody knew Parker was getting it and was ran out of bounds ran again timeout then two passes. Why not run ur 6’3 250 fullback that was not stopped all year for less than 5 yards to win game. Also option with a q.v. that couldn’t run, new play they put in. First time running it pitched it to Joel penton played at Ohio st. That ran it back to the 15 by hamrick. Just had to be there to see that mess. Van wert was #8 seed

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

1st JM ranked 7th
3rd Portsmouth 16th
4th Bishop Ready 29th

Madison’s 4 best wins
1st Anna 6th
2nd CHCA 10th
3rd WJ 15th
4th Carlisle 25th

Nice post and it looks like Madison is for real those stats dont look like cinderalla stats to me. Burg has their work cut out for them and I am wandering how Madisons pass defense looks? This is gonna be an exciting game! GO BURG!

Burg grad 85
bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

1st JM ranked 7th
3rd Portsmouth 16th
4th Bishop Ready 29th

Madison’s 4 best wins
1st Anna 6th
2nd CHCA 10th
3rd WJ 15th
4th Carlisle 25th

Wheelersburg D has allowed 2 TDs in the playoffs and has allowed I’d say between 150-160 total yards a game maybe a little less.

Return to “Football”