State Semi Finals: Wheelersburg 15 Middletown Madison 10

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Middletown Madison vs. Wheelersburg DV State Semi-Final

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:01 pm
Burg4 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:08 pm I'm looking at the Madison schedule. Not sure I've ever seen a Final 4 team lose to a 1-9 team by 2 touchdowns. Looks like they played four 1-9 teams this year and gave up 13 and 14 points to two others of them. I do see that they played two teams with winning records during the season and lost one of those 32-7.

Madison must have started playing better sometime during the year to get to where they are. Can't wait til Friday!

GO BURG!

Agree with this totally. I was looking last night at Madison and their regular season and there is nothing in it that would lead anyone to predict they would come out of Region 20. Nothing.

Which leads me to two conclusions.

1) Madison found their stride and have turned into a free and easy --- house money --- scary team.

Or.

2). Region 20 was bad. --- they did have the only 1 seed to go down in Week 11.
Looking at Madison, I believe they are a house money team. That can be scary. But, on the other hand, makes them fragile. If Burg jumps up 14 early, they will struggle.

Their schedule isn’t great. They have been talking about a coaching change. Said, they were running 2 qbs with different styles and playing linemen both ways. Now that’s not the case.

As far as region 20 goes, they are obviously down this year. Anna was decent. CHCA was good. Not one team was great. Madison keeps talking about next year was supposed to be the year and have surprised themselves this year. Hey, good for them. They had a school shooting not long ago and this is the type of thing that puts that in the rear view mirror. They are a good story. But I believe the clock is about to strike midnight for this Cinderella.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Just read the article about Madison's week 13 game and noticed they had 3 failed PATs (2 kicks/1run) and they gave up a 70 yd kickoff TD. Sounds like they struggle in special teams.

http://www.wcpo.com/sports/high-school- ... our?page=2
Last edited by 4thgoal on Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

4thgoal wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:16 pm Just read the article about Madison's week 12 game and noticed they had 3 failed PATs (2 kicks/1run) and they gave up a 70 yd kickoff TD. Sounds like they struggle in special teams.

http://www.wcpo.com/sports/high-school- ... our?page=2
That was week 13.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

You are correct, I fat fingered that one.

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:12 pm GOOD LUCK TO THE WHEELERSBURG PIRATES FRIDAY NIGHT FROM HERE IN THE BAITCAVE.
Thank you #GoBurg #ReachHigher

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

4thgoal wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:24 pm You are correct, I fat fingered that one.
😂. Nice. But you are right. They seem to struggle on special teams.

Ebake9
Waterboy

Post by Ebake9 »

Burg4 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:08 pm I'm looking at the Madison schedule. Not sure I've ever seen a Final 4 team lose to a 1-9 team by 2 touchdowns. Looks like they played four 1-9 teams this year and gave up 13 and 14 points to two others of them. I do see that they played two teams with winning records during the season and lost one of those 32-7.

Madison must have started playing better sometime during the year to get to where they are. Can't wait til Friday!

GO BURG!
If wheelersburg had madisons schedule they would lose half their games

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Ebake9 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:42 pmIf wheelersburg had madisons schedule they would lose half their games
Nice first post....welcome to SEOP. Those 6 wins against teams that were .500 or worse looks intimidating and the loss to a 1-9 team too...

Ebake9
Waterboy

Post by Ebake9 »

4thgoal wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:49 pm
Ebake9 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:42 pmIf wheelersburg had madisons schedule they would lose half their games
Nice first post....welcome to SEOP. Those 6 wins against teams that were .500 or worse looks intimidating and the loss to a 1-9 team too...
I'm not saying it's intimidating but West Jefferson wasn't intimidated either .....what was it their banner said "Mohawks you can't beat tradition " lol

Ebake9
Waterboy

Post by Ebake9 »

Ebake9 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 pm
I'm not saying it's intimidating but West Jefferson wasn't intimidated either .....what was it their banner said "Mohawks you can't beat tradition " lol
I mean Monroe beat them and then lost to a team Madison absolutely destroyed , I think there are gonna be some shocked Burg fans

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

We’ve got ourselves another soccer mom.

Ebake9
Waterboy

Post by Ebake9 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:08 pm

We’ve got ourselves another soccer mom.
Lol we shall see

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wheelersburg is a whole different animal compared to West Jefferson.

Ebake9
Waterboy

Post by Ebake9 »

bleed_blue wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:17 pm Nice first post....welcome to SEOP. Those 6 wins against teams that were .500 or worse looks intimidating and the loss to a 1-9 team too...
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah I believe they are a better team

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Ebake9 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:21 pm
bleed_blue wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:17 pm Nice first post....welcome to SEOP. Those 6 wins against teams that were .500 or worse looks intimidating and the loss to a 1-9 team too...
[/quote]
Yeah I believe they are a better team
[/quote]

Hahaha there are going to be a lot of sad faces and crying around midison about 10 pm Friday!!

Ebake9
Waterboy

Post by Ebake9 »

Nah they made it further then anyone expected they have nothing to lose but if the Burg loses to Madison wow that would look bad lol

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Ebake9 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:26 pm Nah they made it further then anyone expected they have nothing to lose but if the Burg loses to Madison wow that would look bad lol
It would look bad losing in the final 4? Lol. You ARE an idiot.

Butter is going to have the biggest game he has had in the playoffs. I’m calling 175 and 4. Madison doesn’t have an answer for him. Then if they try to double cover, something they haven’t done all year, they will get burnt by many others. The Hedgehog, I believe, will have another big game. The Fam is going to bring the change of pace that Madison won’t be able to adjust to. If it gets tight. I could see the power O making an appearance with Horsley and Old School. Not to mention Clevenger.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

It was good to see a lot of SOC Schools at the game last Friday to support the Burg.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

falcon1 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:49 pm It was good to see a lot of SOC Schools at the game last Friday to support the Burg.
No doubt. I hope they turn back up and get loud with us this week.

Return to “Football”