2018 River Valley Raider Football Outlook

theblessedone33
Waterboy

Re: River Valley Head Coach Search

Post by theblessedone33 »

Did Coach Ray accept? If so, how competitive will they be?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Anything????

username_redacted
Waterboy

Post by username_redacted »

Heard quite a few young assistants at other area schools applied and were interviewed. Sounds like Coach Ray didn’t accept if no official hiring. Anyone have a clue when next board meeting is?

Sometimes I'll start a sentence and I don't even know where it's going. I just hope I find it along the way.

-Michael Scott
farmer8
Riding the Bench

Post by farmer8 »

I heard Johnny Clark from inner city columbus and bringin his boy too.

WHOS YOUR FARMER?????
MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I think the next board meeting is this coming Monday night?

Willy Cheatem
Riding the Bench

Post by Willy Cheatem »

farmer8 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:26 am I heard Johnny Clark from inner city columbus and bringin his boy too.
We've reffed a few of his games. He pays very well. I hope he gets it so we can call 2 or 3 games a season, get a really good paycheck for our "help," and not have to drive all the way to C'bus to get it.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Board Agenda is out and no football coach being hired. Seriously, they've had since November. Hire somebody already.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

There are some good young coaches available. Just saying........

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

The boys on the team were told they'd know by end of February/mid March who the new coach is. Nothing but rumors floating around now.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

There must be a good reason for this taking so long. If I am correct Coach Sparling was hired in the spring back in 2011?

farmer8
Riding the Bench

Post by farmer8 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:25 pm Board Agenda is out and no football coach being hired. Seriously, they've had since November. Hire somebody already.
They need to hire Johnny Clark the man has a great history will be a coaching legend in Ohio when hes done with his career and his boy is getting scholarships from D1 schools!

WHOS YOUR FARMER?????
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:05 pm There must be a good reason for this taking so long. If I am correct Coach Sparling was hired in the spring back in 2011?
But in that situation, Coach Mac resigned in January, and it wasn't a pleasant situation. I don't see an advantage at all of waiting so long to hire a coach.

Swiftly&Quickly13
Waterboy

Post by Swiftly&Quickly13 »

who would want to coach there? no talent in high school and none coming up, better start recruiting.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Swiftly&Quickly13 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:13 pm who would want to coach there? no talent in high school and none coming up, better start recruiting.
Hey idiot, you are talking smack about kids. Go away.

Swiftly&Quickly13
Waterboy

Post by Swiftly&Quickly13 »

look at the records, middle school teams were bad, jv team was bad, varsity team was bad

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I don't know if the middle school team was bad...

But what do I know...

;)

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Someone must be smoking something to say the middle school team was bad! The middle school team was a good team with some good young talent. If this group stays together at RV they will have a lot of success in the future. Possibly could have some of the best athletes that has taken the field for River Valley! The Middle School team last year also was very well coach too!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I am trying to stay positive about the River Valley Football Program. Good Luck Raiders!

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Swiftly&Quickly13 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:53 pm look at the records, middle school teams were bad, jv team was bad, varsity team was bad
The middle school team was NOT bad, they were a very good team, with one of the top young QB's in the area.
The JV team was down.....because the JV players were playing ON FRIDAY NIGHT!! 17 member sophomore class.
The Varsity was down because they were Sophomore dominated, and when you have lost 31 seniors in the last 2+ years, you are gonna have a down year!
RV is still an improving program. With those 17 sophomores (that will be juniors in fall), and a small but talented senior class in the fall (led by DL Ty VanSickle), the Raiders will continue to improve and bounce back from a "down" year in 2017.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

It's a good indicator if they are doing well in middle school, but I never did agree on judging them on bad performance. Most kids mature differently and get better coming up the ladder, you just never know. Usually there are diamonds in the rough that you can't see right away.

Return to “Football”