JTEK
All State

Re: Wheelersburg vs harvest prep

Post by JTEK »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:34 pm
JTEK wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:02 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:54 pm Burg fans............lol
Haters...........lol
Because people are stating their opinions doesn't make one a hater.
I think you are going to get blown out this game, yes. That makes one a hater?
Don’t really understand your first comment then.
Most burg people I know think this will be an uphill battle tonight

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

JTEK wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:45 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:34 pm
JTEK wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:02 pm

Haters...........lol
Because people are stating their opinions doesn't make one a hater.
I think you are going to get blown out this game, yes. That makes one a hater?
Don’t really understand your first comment then.
Most burg people I know think this will be an uphill battle tonight
I think what he means is it’s ok to state your oppinion if you think the burg stands no chance. However if your a burg fan and give your team any chance at all your funny 😄

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Well boys and girls getting ready to head to the Convo to watch Oak Hill and Wheelersburg win tonight. I’m looking forward to a Burg/Oak Hill regional final. Bring it home SOC II !!!!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:04 pm Well boys and girls getting ready to head to the Convo to watch Oak Hill and Wheelersburg win tonight. I’m looking forward to a Burg/Oak Hill regional final. Bring it home SOC II !!!!
Good luck from Adams County. Go SOC.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Could you imagine this forum if Burg would win by like 30 tonight?

Making offers you can't refuse
KING OF Shyville
Waterboy

Post by KING OF Shyville »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:04 pm Well boys and girls getting ready to head to the Convo to watch Oak Hill and Wheelersburg win tonight. I’m looking forward to a Burg/Oak Hill regional final. Bring it home SOC II !!!!
Not a chance!!

Sportsnut
Waterboy

Post by Sportsnut »

Every burg fan would need a convertible to get home from the Convo because swollen heads wouldn’t fit in the car.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Burg fans might have to sit in upper seats here.But HP won’t have very many. That would be a very cold ride back down on the river. Maybe run the heater full blast might help.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Harvest Prep has 8 coaches lol

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:52 pm Harvest Prep has 8 coaches lol
Ironton used to be like that too

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Burg down 30-20. About 3:00 until half

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Holden single handedly keeping this game respectable

Making offers you can't refuse
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Vito Corleone wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:27 pm Holden single handedly keeping this game respectable
He’s very talented

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Updating this on other thread. With scores from around the state!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Final Score: harvest prep 78 burg 60. I've always said it and I will continue to say it. It's BS that public schools have to play private schools in the playoffs. Nothin u can do when your playin a bought team. Still proud of my pirates

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Before I leave the Convo let me say this...

I said coming in I wanted to see how Holden played against competition like this. Well, he held his own and then some. Wow! Definitely the best player on the court and dropped 35. Let me also say that if he even played a mediocre game then Burg probably loses by 40.

Congrats to the young man on a great game. He definitely proved he is a D1 player and wouldn’t shock me at all if a few more schools offer him by the end of the week.

As for the game, Burg’s biggest mistake was trying to run with Harvest. They’ve been used to out athleting people in SE Ohio and that just wasn’t going to happen vs Harvest. Lowery and Truitt were nonfactors and looked lost at times. Salyers had a pretty good game especially early on.

Good season. Garaway was so solid and disciplined I definitely think they can keep it close with Harvest... I’d still take Harvest by 8-10 but I think Garaway makes it interesting

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:18 pm Before I leave the Convo let me say this...

I said coming in I wanted to see how Holden played against competition like this. Well, he held his own and then some. Wow! Definitely the best player on the court and dropped 35. Let me also say that if he even played a mediocre game then Burg probably loses by 40.

Congrats to the young man on a great game. He definitely proved he is a D1 player and wouldn’t shock me at all if a few more schools offer him by the end of the week.

As for the game, Burg’s biggest mistake was trying to run with Harvest. They’ve been used to out athleting people in SE Ohio and that just wasn’t going to happen vs Harvest. Lowery and Truitt were nonfactors and looked lost at times. Salyers had a pretty good game especially early on.

Good season. Garaway was so solid and disciplined I definitely think they can keep it close with Harvest... I’d still take Harvest by 8-10 but I think Garaway makes it interesting
I love how there are people who say he's not D1 caliber in football and basketball. He sure as hell is and I agree. I'll be shocked if he don't get a few more offers before the school yr ends

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
burgbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbacker »

Harvest Prep and Garaway played once already this year.

HP won 93-62 at the end of December. I don’t think Garaway has the horses to make it much closer. as you said, Holden played about as well as anyone could and Wheelersburg still lost by 18.

I know many people will think Wheelersburg should have slowed it down, but just about each time they tried that this year, they imploded. It just wasn’t how they were constructed as a team.

Hats off to HP, they were the better team and I see them moving on to Columbus with relative ease Saturday.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

:cry:
Mad-Dogg wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:26 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:18 pm Before I leave the Convo let me say this...

I love how there are people who say he's not D1 caliber in football and basketball. He sure as hell is and I agree. I'll be shocked if he don't get a few more offers before the school yr ends
If he would have played that way every game this year people wouldn’t question if he was D1 or not.

Return to “Boys Basketball”