2018 Ironton Head football coach

12gauge
Freshman Team

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by 12gauge »

YourTigerBait-I'm calling B.S on 100k job offer (S).

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

12gauge wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:06 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:28 am
12gauge wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:49 am

Leave Raceland out of the mix. They have kids playing there that don't even live in the same State. There are kids playing there from Ironton,South Point,Rock Hill to name a few. Also let's not forget the former Volleyball coach,who was recruiting girls and got caught up in a mess and resigned. Every team will have up years. Again I say why would someone from the "Burg" give 2 sh!ts what goes on at Ironton. Asking for a friend lol
I’ll tell you why people from Burg CARE. It’s rather obvious. Competition, it’s what makes good teams great. A strong schedule, the PREMIER game for Southern Ohio. This goes far beyond hatred and rivalry. We want Ironton BACK. We want a slug fest week 1.

No one is a premier game for the Burg in Southern Ohio,you all have made that brag
Burg fans don’t want ironton back. It’s their rival. Ironton still has the advantage of win/loss totals. But make no mistake about it, ironton is in trouble as far as returning to dominance. They may never get to the threat they once were and actually that’s ok. It is what it is, but it’s not life or death. The nostalgic essence is all but gone. They need to tear down the old and usher in a new look. I think someone said to tear down the stadium and I agree. Stop believing in the 80s and 90’s. Burg successfully did so and ironton should too. Fairland is the one most should Be afraid of. They are growing and have plentiful room to do so.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well it sounds very strange to me as well. it all sounds very strange. I'm not going to say I don't believe a guy I've known all my life that says he knows the man. but this is like a bad dream, and you wake up trying to recall what really happened, and you're trying to figure out what parts were reality and fantasy.---------------- remember I'm not the one saying he had multiple job offers of 100k. that's what I was told on facebook. but not of it makes any sense to me now. and meanwhile time just keeps ticking off the clock. and players are leaving.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

laser breath wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:44 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:28 am

I’ll tell you why people from Burg CARE. It’s rather obvious. Competition, it’s what makes good teams great. A strong schedule, the PREMIER game for Southern Ohio. This goes far beyond hatred and rivalry. We want Ironton BACK. We want a slug fest week 1.

No one is a premier game for the Burg in Southern Ohio,you all have made that brag
Burg fans don’t want ironton back. It’s their rival. Ironton still has the advantage of win/loss totals. But make no mistake about it, ironton is in trouble as far as returning to dominance. They may never get to the threat they once were and actually that’s ok. It is what it is, but it’s not life or death. The nostalgic essence is all but gone. They need to tear down the old and usher in a new look. I think someone said to tear down the stadium and I agree. Stop believing in the 80s and 90’s. Burg successfully did so and ironton should too. Fairland is the one most should Be afraid of. They are growing and have plentiful room to do so.
I think burg wants ironton back up running and smashing it out with them. I think that is undenyingly obvious. and we may never be the team we once were. but we need to be competitive. you're right, it isn't life or death. but tearing down the stadium. I don't see where that has any relevance to anything. it's paid for. it's nostalgic, it's covered, and represents tons of history. that would be like losing your thumb, and cutting off the rest of your fingers to try to make it look more normal. tanks memorial stadium is ironton football. I like the thoughts of getting a young, hungry coach in to start a new dynasty. but the stadium comment makes lil sense to me.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and hey why would we not want fairland to grow, in numbers and strength. they are our league breathren as well as all the other ovc teams. we should want all the teams steadily improving for the growth of the league overall.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

of course burg wants ironton to improve, just like ironton fans want to see them competing with again and beating the burg. why wouldn't they want these 2 teams ruling the roost again and having to go thru them for the playoffs. that is what built these 2 programs. not wins over northwest and Minford.or ironton wins over south point n fairland. but that's what it is now. the soc and ovc are mirror images of themselves now.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:54 am

I think burg wants ironton back up running and smashing it out with them. I think that is undenyingly obvious. and we may never be the team we once were. but we need to be competitive. you're right, it isn't life or death. but tearing down the stadium. I don't see where that has any relevance to anything. it's paid for. it's nostalgic, it's covered, and represents tons of history. that would be like losing your thumb, and cutting off the rest of your fingers to try to make it look more normal. tanks memorial stadium is ironton football. I like the thoughts of getting a young, hungry coach in to start a new dynasty. but the stadium comment makes lil sense to me.
You just justified my point bait. Kids don’t care about the history lesson. They don’t care about papaw’s tigers. Burg won a state in their old stadium and tore it down. People didn’t like it because of the tradition of running out underneath the stadium but it had to be done. And guess what they’re better off for it.

Make a museum or something but continually wanting to reach back to use it for leverage ain’t working. It’s like fighting today’s wars with a b-52.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Ironton field and stadium have had major up grades.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:54 am

A turd is representative of history too (of what you ate) but, it gets flushed !

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

Tearing down tank would make the tigers better ?? What kind of goofy logic is that , we have a new turf field it’s one of only covered stadiums in the state it’s in good shape that just crazy talk .

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

The Burg stadium was not historic. The Tank and Spartan Stadiums are. A change of venue will do nothing to improve the Tiger program.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

79Tiger wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:56 am The Burg stadium was not historic. The Tank and Spartan Stadiums are. A change of venue will do nothing to improve the Tiger program.
Have you seen spartan stadium? That’s right because Portsmouth high school doesn’t play there anymore . The place is old and wore out and practically unusable. The logic is simple. Throwing a nice rug down in a very old house doesn’t make it have a new feel. Just my thoughts but you guys keep your feet stuck in cement while you watch the rest of the county upgrade. SMH

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

This whole conversation is stupid!

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

A 1 million dollar turf field is not just a ”new rug” tank is not falling apart by any means , ironton just built a new school and gymnasium I don’t see the basketball team headed to the state tournament

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Hey it’s one man’s opinion. Relax

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Just because Spartan stadium has been abandoned does not mean the Tank should be too.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

79Tiger wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:35 pm Just because Spartan stadium has been abandoned does not mean the Tank should be too.
Well like I said, one man’s opinion. Ironton needs to breathe new life in them. It might be extreme but I would build new bleachers around the “new rug” to match and even change the uniforms.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

You can also put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig. Changing the environment or appearance is not going to do one thing to revive a failing program

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

laser breath wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:27 pm
79Tiger wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:56 am The Burg stadium was not historic. The Tank and Spartan Stadiums are. A change of venue will do nothing to improve the Tiger program.
Have you seen spartan stadium? That’s right because Portsmouth high school doesn’t play there anymore . The place is old and wore out and practically unusable. The logic is simple. Throwing a nice rug down in a very old house doesn’t make it have a new feel. Just my thoughts but you guys keep your feet stuck in cement while you watch the rest of the county upgrade. SMH
Tanks Memorial Stadium is an Ohio Historical Landmark, it's not going anywhere.

Tanks_marker1.jpg

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

From the Herald Dispatch: Salmons declines offer from Ironton, will stay at Cabell Midland

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/h ... cea7a.html

Return to “Football”