Wheelersburg 28 Ironton 6

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Re: 2018 Ironton @ Wheelersburg Football

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Hey fbnut are you a moderator? How do u know who and who isn’t a fan? Since you are so informed, maybe you can validate who the exceptional hometown Ironton “ref crew” was?

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

The ISJ/Burg game I remember was at the Burg with Burg winning. Maybe you all had the homers, haha.
As far as Carlos goes he had no trouble in 84 at Ironton with Cape winning. 86 yes was different story.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:35 am Hey fbnut are you a moderator? How do u know who and who isn’t a fan? Since you are so informed, maybe you can validate who the exceptional hometown Ironton “ref crew” was?
No not a moderator :lol: . Years ago certain controversial calls in a burg ironton game was being discussed on the old forum. One poster impeticular known on the forum as an ironton supporter was adematly defending the officiating in that peticular ball game. I received a PM from another poster who said that poster was so defensive because he officiated that ballgame. I went back to the post and ask him if that was the case. Silence, didn’t post again on that post.
There was a little more to the PM that led me to believe the person sending the message knew the poster personally.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

fbnut wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:34 pm
Bobbbbbb wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:35 am Hey fbnut are you a moderator? How do u know who and who isn’t a fan? Since you are so informed, maybe you can validate who the exceptional hometown Ironton “ref crew” was?
No not a moderator :lol: . Years ago certain controversial calls in a burg ironton game was being discussed on the old forum. One poster impeticular known on the forum as an ironton supporter was adematly defending the officiating in that peticular ball game. I received a PM from another poster who said that poster was so defensive because he officiated that ballgame. I went back to the post and ask him if that was the case. Silence, didn’t post again on that post.
There was a little more to the PM that led me to believe the person sending the message knew the poster personally.
Maybe I’m wrong but most posters tend to have the vast majority of there posts about the team or teams they follow and support.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

does ironton scrimmage anybody other than the ovc preview this year.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Went and watched burg orange and black. It was like two varsity teams going at it. Probably one of the better black and oranges I’ve seen. If ironton plays or somehow knocks burg off, it would be surprising. Going to take a really good team to beat the burg this year.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

so who has the better special teams kicker punters snappers etc

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

No idea. Burg has their kicker back from last year but has to replace their punter.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:35 pm does ironton scrimmage anybody other than the ovc preview this year.
They have on with at West, on the 17th.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Went and watched the Tigers late Friday night. Team looks much improved for a conditioning and physical standpoint. Actually looked like an old tiger team. I think the offense really looked good. They have some serious weapons at their disposal and running an offense that fits the players skills. You could tell it was a new scheme defensively and they were playing a lot of different bodies. To me, the offense is ahead of the defense which is uncommon early in the season. Maybe they haven’t had a lot of defensive practices with installing new schemes. All in all I was impressed and do believe we’re on the right track to getting back to top of food chain. Go Tigers!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Mavrick2016 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:50 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:35 pm does ironton scrimmage anybody other than the ovc preview this year.
They have on with at West, on the 17th.
cool, thanks.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Wheelersburg begins this season in 4th place in all time winning percentage in the state of Ohio.

Their .739 winning percentage trails only Cincinnati Wyoming .761, Newark Catholic .749 and Massillon Washington .743.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:52 pm Wheelersburg begins this season in 4th place in all time winning percentage in the state of Ohio.

Their .739 winning percentage trails only Cincinnati Wyoming .761, Newark Catholic .749 and Massillon Washington .743.
That’s impressive given some of the good programs out there.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

That's an incredible stat Davenport. Maybe we can bump up a spot if Massillon has a rough year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

very impressive stat indeed.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:51 am I’ll just leave this here.
http://www.maxpreps.com/news/v4eAeBUgrk ... sion-v.htm

Great article, find it intriguing that they have ironton on the teams to watch list, can't wait for this game

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

A guy I know who likes to wager on games and is pretty good at it has wheelersburg 36.5 point favorites.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Some people are underestimating how good this burg team is going to be because of the players they lost. What they don’t realize is the talent that is coming. Some very good experienced kids returning along with some very talented kids that have had to wait there turn because of all the talent in front of them.

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

You can jump up and down , ring all the bells you want to ,run Up hills and talk as much crap as Ali but at the end of the day you need a abundance of talent to beat teams like whleersburg and ironton is lacking in the talent pool , so go beat Chesapeake, Rock hill and fairland and be happy with a winning season because your not gonna compete with Ashland or wheersburg and quit possibly Russell

Return to “Football”