Trimble 34 Nelsonville-York 7

Realist
Freshman Team

Re: WK1 2018 Trimble @ Nelsonville-York

Post by Realist »

BuckeyePride76 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:57 am I've kept quiet so far but after last night I just have to say something. I think we have some great players and a good team. I like Rusty as a coach but I was shocked last night when I went to watch them play BIshop Ready. Not even about the game itself, but I get there a look down on our sidelines and see at least 8 people that I don't recognize just standing there on the sideline. I asked a couple people next to me if they knew who they were either and nobody did. somebody said theyre relation and friends of Rustys but my god its sort of embarrassing. I feel like our buckeye tradition is falling away and it was a bit ridiculous to see. Its like rusty and his glouster group are using OUR tradition and rivalry over the hill as a way to throw spite at their former friends and community and it was sickening to me. Definitely not the same environment from about 6 years ago, I hope im not the only one that noticed this crap. ill be happy when this era is over. but regardless, go bucks and I hope we have a good season
Two season with Coach Richards and he's 7-3 and 10-0 with a playoff win in year one and a regional final appearance in year 2. If I'm a Buckeye fan, I'd let him have whoever he wants on the sidelines. It'd be interesting to know if he had the same crowd last season on the sidelines when they were 10-0? You probably didn't care then though did you?

BuckeyePride76
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyePride76 »

Maybe it was just more noticeable considering we had about 60 total fans there. I guess I don't think its that big of a deal, but im not even talking about the guys he has helping coach or ball boys. at least 8 other people that are just down there acting like they have 'buckeye pride' when really theyre just his fanboys. Its embarrassing to me and our tradition and I cant be the only one that feels this way. nothing against rusty.

Buckeyecountry
Waterboy

Post by Buckeyecountry »

BuckeyePride76 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:57 am I've kept quiet so far but after last night I just have to say something. I think we have some great players and a good team. I like Rusty as a coach but I was shocked last night when I went to watch them play BIshop Ready. Not even about the game itself, but I get there a look down on our sidelines and see at least 8 people that I don't recognize just standing there on the sideline. I asked a couple people next to me if they knew who they were either and nobody did. somebody said theyre relation and friends of Rustys but my god its sort of embarrassing. I feel like our buckeye tradition is falling away and it was a bit ridiculous to see. Its like rusty and his glouster group are using OUR tradition and rivalry over the hill as a way to throw spite at their former friends and community and it was sickening to me. Definitely not the same environment from about 6 years ago, I hope im not the only one that noticed this crap. ill be happy when this era is over. but regardless, go bucks and I hope we have a good season
We’re just good like that 😎😎

BuckeyePride76
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyePride76 »

Buckeyecountry wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:13 am
We’re just good like that 😎😎
yea maybe, but its really just a slap in the face to the buckeye faithful who can look down there and know that theyre just rusty fanboys and nothing else. feels like week 1 is just going to be Glouster vs. Old Glouster LOL

BuckeyePride76
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyePride76 »

but maybe I am the only one that feels this way and everybody else is ok with the tradition being wiped away. whatever works I guess. go bucks

Buckeyecountry
Waterboy

Post by Buckeyecountry »

BuckeyePride76 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:20 am but maybe I am the only one that feels this way and everybody else is ok with the tradition being wiped away. whatever works I guess. go bucks
What’s the problem about it? I really don’t see a problem.

BuckeyePride76
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyePride76 »

lol

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

I would consider not having the same environment as the previous staff a good thing!
Last edited by ArmChairQB on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

ArmChairQB wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:43 am
I would consider not having the same environment as the previous staff a good thing! As for being happy when this era is over, you must like losing in the first round of the playoffs every year.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Last edited by ArmChairQB on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Have you taken into consideration that since it was a jamboree/scrimmage that maybe a few more ppl than usual would have sideline passes? My God, the guy comes over the hill and resurrects a team that was 1-9 and you're mad about a few extra ppl on the sidelines

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
BuckeyePride76
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyePride76 »

not mad, just think its a bit much. rusty is a great coach I just don't see the point in having half of glouster on our sidelines acting like they have buckeye pride

Snowman2011
Riding the Bench

Post by Snowman2011 »

tomcat fan wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:47 am Have you taken into consideration that since it was a jamboree/scrimmage that maybe a few more ppl than usual would have sideline passes? My God, the guy comes over the hill and resurrects a team that was 1-9 and you're mad about a few extra ppl on the sidelines
🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

BuckeyePride76
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyePride76 »

come on now, its not like he went over to a bad program and did this. we have strong tradition and history, his timing was perfect. he is a great coach, I just really find it embarrassing and ridiculous.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

BuckeyePride76 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:52 am not mad, just think its a bit much. rusty is a great coach I just don't see the point in having half of glouster on our sidelines acting like they have buckeye pride
Those Ppl you're referring to are probably family or close friends. So by your logic if his family and friends from Glouster can't act like they have Buckeye pride then Rusty shouldn't either smh. You're being quite ridiculous and just knit picking. Almost sounds like the beginning of an excuse to where if you guys have a bad year you'll want him run out of town

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
BuckeyePride76
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyePride76 »

tomcat fan wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:27 am
BuckeyePride76 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:52 am not mad, just think its a bit much. rusty is a great coach I just don't see the point in having half of glouster on our sidelines acting like they have buckeye pride
Those Ppl you're referring to are probably family or close friends. So by your logic if his family and friends from Glouster can't act like they have Buckeye pride then Rusty shouldn't either smh. You're being quite ridiculous and just knit picking. Almost sounds like the beginning of an excuse to where if you guys have a bad year you'll want him run out of town
"act like" , that's my point. Feel like our tradition is fading, and no coach is worth that in my opinion. but rusty is a great coach it just goes beyond that for me. and to your last sentence..... :roll: ;)

1Shot1Kill
Waterboy

Post by 1Shot1Kill »

You're right, things are not the same as they were 6 years ago. The buckeyes are winning conference championships and making playoff appearances and winning playoff games. The team is getting along, the coaches are getting along. Everyone in buckeye country is happy, including Rusty's followers, except you.

1Shot1Kill
Waterboy

Post by 1Shot1Kill »

BuckeyePride76 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:33 am
tomcat fan wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:27 am
"act like" , that's my point. Feel like our tradition is fading, and no coach is worth that in my opinion. but rusty is a great coach it just goes beyond that for me. and to your last sentence..... :roll: ;)
Buckeyepride76, what tradition are you referring to that is fading?

BuckeyePride76
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyePride76 »

easy now, im happy too. just found it interesting to see glouster folk on our sidelines. ill be there week one to watch Glouster vs. Glouster, should be fun!

Snowman2011
Riding the Bench

Post by Snowman2011 »

BuckeyePride76 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:19 am easy now, im happy too. just found it interesting to see glouster folk on our sidelines. ill be there week one to watch Glouster vs. Glouster, should be fun!
So don’t be disappointed when glouster wins 🤷‍♂️

Return to “Football”