West 29 Valley 6

mattash
Site Admin

West 29 Valley 6

Post by mattash »

Thoughts? Valley going to get the upset?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
coop
SEOPS

Re: (2-4) Valley @ (5-1) West

Post by coop »

Tall order, but looking at the schedule Valley has actually played the good teams pretty close, and won the games they were supposed to. The combined record of the 4 teams the Indians have lost to is 19-6, and they were in ALL FOUR games. This team could as easily be 4-2 as it is 2-4.

As I say every week....West will know they were in a ballgame, and Valley will not quit.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Valley could make it a game just like they did against Waverly

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

coop wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:02 pm Tall order, but looking at the schedule Valley has actually played the good teams pretty close, and won the games they were supposed to. The combined record of the 4 teams the Indians have lost to is 19-6, and they were in ALL FOUR games. This team could as easily be 4-2 as it is 2-4.

As I say every week....West will know they were in a ballgame, and Valley will not quit.
I agree with everything you said. They have not been an easy out for anyone all year. You've been saying this all year long, I think people are starting to believe you. It is never easy to get a win at West. They came so close to beating Waverly last week, and extended such a great effort, I just hope they don't have a letdown.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The only problem is it being at West.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Valley isn’t a bad team. They have some athletes, they’ve just played a very tough schedule. Good luck to Valley in this one.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

West in a good game @ home.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I’m taking west. Valley has improved a lot. If that Portsmouth game was a different week then week 1 I bet the score is closer or possibly a win. Not sure what valley has coming back but they keep improving each week.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
toast
All State

Post by toast »

I'm intrigued by this game and not sure what to think. Here's one problem for Valley. After watching them for the second time last season they appear to be much more comfortable and better at running the ball then passing. As we all know it's extremely difficult to run the ball on West. What to do?

I'm thinking Valley has no choice but to pass the ball nearly every play. On the flip side does Valley load the box and dare West to pass? West doesn't seem real proficient at passing either. Going to be interesting to see the strategy employed by the coaches this week.

When Waverly and Valley played I stated I would be surprised if either team won by more than 14 points. As long as Valley stays engaged I say the same for this game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

toast wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:30 pm I'm intrigued by this game and not sure what to think. Here's one problem for Valley. After watching them for the second time last season they appear to be much more comfortable and better at running the ball then passing. As we all know it's extremely difficult to run the ball on West. What to do?

I'm thinking Valley has no choice but to pass the ball nearly every play. On the flip side does Valley load the box and dare West to pass? West doesn't seem real proficient at passing either. Going to be interesting to see the strategy employed by the coaches this week.

When Waverly and Valley played I stated I would be surprised if either team won by more than 14 points. As long as Valley stays engaged I say the same for this game.

Is the West QB still out?
I agree with Toast, Valley will have to stop the West running game and throw the ball more than they did against Waverly. Of course Waverly picked 2 passes, one being a pic 6 which decided the game.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Valley can pass the ball they put up 350 yards on Raceland passing but they do prefer to run

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

smurray wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:06 pm
toast wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:30 pm I'm intrigued by this game and not sure what to think. Here's one problem for Valley. After watching them for the second time last season they appear to be much more comfortable and better at running the ball then passing. As we all know it's extremely difficult to run the ball on West. What to do?

Is the West QB still out?
I agree with Toast, Valley will have to stop the West running game and throw the ball more than they did against Waverly. Of course Waverly picked 2 passes, one being a pic 6 which decided the game.
Was wondering the same thing, Is Wests QB available to play yet?

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

West in this one but it wont be easy.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
MountaineerMan2018
Waterboy

Post by MountaineerMan2018 »

I think the Indians come out ready to play at the rock after suffering a few close defeats. However, I believe the Senators get it done, by a close margin due to it being at west.
West-20
Valley-12

SouthernSports
Waterboy

Post by SouthernSports »

Valley will be ready to play, if they could get a big play or two they could pull it off. Close game, West!

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Not a lot of talk in this one....nobody wants to taste crow Friday,

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I've asked this before, Is Portsmouth Wests QB okay to play this week? It may be a game time decision, I know hes a good player and was just wondering.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Just don't think Valley is going to run the ball the way they did against Waverly, I'm not sure how multi-dimensional they truly are. Going to go with West by 2 scores.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Was really surprised they cancelled the game. West was dominating the game though.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:30 pm Was really surprised they cancelled the game. West was dominating the game though.
These schools are 20 minutes from each other. Why wouldn't they finish it tomorrow?

Return to “Football”