2019 DV Region 20

JTEK
All State

Re: 2019 DV Region 20

Post by JTEK »

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:36 pm This is why I love the administration at burg. They have a problem so solution just get rid of the worthless bandies.

Cut band
Suspend and expell all trash students
=D5 forever baby!

This is what happens when an administration full of red meat eating, MAGA hat wearing, non sissy, football first can accomplish.

D3 is for losers
This is why this board is a lot like our current administration
Just post whatever you want no matter if there’s any truth to it or not
“Make SEOPS great again”.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:52 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:36 pm This is why I love the administration at burg. They have a problem so solution just get rid of the worthless bandies.

Cut band
=D5 forever baby!

This is what happens when an administration full of red meat eating, MAGA hat wearing, non sissy, football first can accomplish.

D3 is for losers
Cold water may be added. CHCA will be a contender but other than that it may be the weakest overall. Burg could have an easy path to another regional. The AD said he thinks burg should be lower than last year. Band wasn’t cut, the band director left, he was replaced with a guy that some of the band members didn’t care for.
Come on now let’s not bring the truth into it

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Cut band
=D5 forever baby!

D3 is for losers
Band wasn’t cut, the band director left, he was replaced with a guy that some of the band members didn’t care for.
The band indeed wasn’t cut, but it was made clear that they do not value it, as they removed competition band. I’m sure many don’t value competition band, but these students have worked their whole career for it, and to have it jerked away was far from fair.
Imagine if the football coach left right before the season so they decided the team would only play the regular season and not participate in the playoffs? What would the reaction be???

Before someone says they couldn’t find a replacement that could do completions, OU, and OSU graduate kids every year, fine arts are hard to find jobs in, I’m sure they could find someone, and I know Burg Alumni, that would have volunteered to help so they could have kept competition band.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:31 pm

Cut band
=D5 forever baby!

D3 is for losers
Band wasn’t cut, the band director left, he was replaced with a guy that some of the band members didn’t care for.
The band indeed wasn’t cut, but it was made clear that they do not value it, as they removed competition band. I’m sure many don’t value competition band, but these students have worked their whole career for it, and to have it jerked away was far from fair.
Imagine if the football coach left right before the season so they decided the team would only play the regular season and not participate in the playoffs? What would the reaction be???

Before someone says they couldn’t find a replacement that could do completions, OU, and OSU graduate kids every year, fine arts are hard to find jobs in, I’m sure they could find someone, and I know Burg Alumni, that would have volunteered to help so they could have kept competition band.
The administration went into a new direction on their band program but did not cut band. Decisions like this happen all the time. Students actively said their peace and some left. It’s a free country but it was obvious they anted a new direction and some were ok with it.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:41 pm

The administration went into a new direction on their band program but did not cut band. Decisions like this happen all the time. Students actively said their peace and some left. It’s a free country but it was obvious they anted a new direction and some were ok with it.
They went in a direction that told the band kids that what they do is less important. They told them that what they are supposed to do is support football, and not have a competition band. This is sad, because I’m sure it wasn’t a funding isssue, they just didn’t value the band attempting to win superior ratings and trying to qualify for state. Or even worse they saw it as a way to gets boys out that don’t play football out to lower the enrollment so they could remain D5.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:51 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:41 pm

They went in a direction that told the band kids that what they do is less important. They told them that what they are supposed to do is support football, and not have a competition band. This is sad, because I’m sure it wasn’t a funding isssue, they just didn’t value the band attempting to win superior ratings and trying to qualify for state. Or even worse they saw it as a way to gets boys out that don’t play football out to lower the enrollment so they could remain D5.
They are never told they couldn’t compete. They just didn’t want the band playing their competition during football games. Your comment is reaching for something you want to believe in, that burg is a perception of ego which is further from the truth.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

So they were denied practice time at the games? And for what reason??
Also others have said the new director was a show band director not a competition band director so they could not compete. Think OUs band, dancing and all not marching formations.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:16 pm So they were denied practice time at the games? And for what reason??
Also others have said the new director was a show band director not a competition band director so they could not compete. Think OUs band, dancing and all not marching formations.
No. They used football halftime show to practice their competition. I’m just relaying what was told to me but your insinuating that they deliberately cut the competition band to accommodate the football crowd or even worse to balance out CB numbers. Which is insulting in my opinion. The administration has more class than what’s being portrayed on this chat board.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Right didn’t want them to practice their show at half time, therefore denying them the opportunity to practice in front of a crowd and a good surface.
I am just relaying what was told to me by people close to the band. Not insinuating anything about anyone’s class or lack of. All I’m doing is staying what happened, the undeniable facts are they hired a non competition director, they didn’t want them to preform thier competition show at the games, and kids left because of it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:27 pm Right didn’t want them to practice their show at half time, therefore denying them the opportunity to practice in front of a crowd and a good surface.
I am just relaying what was told to me by people close to the band. Not insinuating anything about anyone’s class or lack of. All I’m doing is staying what happened, the undeniable facts are they hired a non competition director, they didn’t want them to preform thier competition show at the games, and kids left because of it.
No, you are insinuating that the reason the administration made a change was because of football. It was because they went in a different direction from the previous director who left on his own free will. You make this as if it were pre planned.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

I have insinuated nothing. Please tell me what was not factual about what I said, not what you assumed I meant.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:58 pm I have insinuated nothing. Please tell me what was not factual about what I said, not what you assumed I meant.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

One more point about the band and then I’m done. I feel they are wanting to go in the direction of what Johnstown Monroe, which is a halftime performance instead of competition. If that’s the direction, then I’m all for that.

Back to topic

Does anyone know of cold water will move up?

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:02 pm
Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:58 pm I have insinuated nothing. Please tell me what was not factual about what I said, not what you assumed I meant.
You can’t do your competition show at halftime, hires a non competition director, obviously not what these kids have been working for thier whole carrers, I.E. what you do is not what we want. They didn’t want it, as you said, so less value in it. Fact

They saw it as a way to stay in D5, debatable, cannot be proven either way, although I didn’t say that they did this I said “OR they” meaning they saw no value. Refer to first paragraph.

Although I enjoy the style of band they are trying to be, it should have been up to the band kids, parents, and boosters, to make that call.
Last edited by Trojan_FB_Alum on Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:08 pm
Back to topic

Does anyone know of cold water will move up?
Ask your AD he must know everyone’s enrollment and CB in the state to be sure Burg stays D5.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:34 pm
You can’t do your competition show at halftime, hires a non competition director, obviously not what these kids have been working for thier whole carrers, I.E. what you do is not what we want. They didn’t want it, as you said, so less value in it. Fact

They saw it as a way to stay in D5, debatable, cannot be proven either way, although I didn’t say that they did this I said “OR they” meaning they saw no value. Refer to first paragraph.

Although I enjoy the style of band they are trying to be, it should have been up to the band kids, parents, and boosters, to make that call.
Not sure letting parents, boosters and students make the call on hiring any position is the direction anyone would want to go. There was no way of predicting kids would leave because of the hire. I know some kids quit but does anyone have a # of how many left the school? If I remember right didn’t the band director resign very late?Probable weren’t to many people to choose from for a replacement. I don’t understand why you have such a hard time considering the burg AD might have a pretty good idea what division they will be in. If you do the #’s and there count will be 15-25 or maybe more less than last year I think there is probably a pretty good chance they will stay D5. Isn’t that a pretty reasonable assumption? Isn’t it a better assumption than people on here without the info he has saying “there moving to 4”?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

JTEK wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:13 pm
Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:34 pm

Not sure letting parents, boosters and students make the call on hiring any position is the direction anyone would want to go. There was no way of predicting kids would leave because of the hire. I know some kids quit but does anyone have a # of how many left the school? If I remember right didn’t the band director resign very late?Probable weren’t to many people to choose from for a replacement. I don’t understand why you have such a hard time considering the burg AD might have a pretty good idea what division they will be in. If you do the #’s and there count will be 15-25 or maybe more less than last year I think there is probably a pretty good chance they will stay D5. Isn’t that a pretty reasonable assumption? Isn’t it a better assumption than people on here without the info he has saying “there moving to 4”?
Letting students and parents influence hiring and firing is exactly what’s wrong with a lot of the area schools.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Are we really talking about the band on a football forum? Come on guys. The numbers will be out soon enough and nothing discussed on here will matter. Now lets talk some football.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Not saying to give them the right to choose who they hire but don’t hire a show band director for a band that wants and has been a competition band. You have to know your students and what’s wanted.
I am aware that it was last min, and finding an experienced director would have been hard, but it is very hard to find a teaching job in the arts, I’m sure there were some out there, but as stated that’s not the way the board wanted to go. They didn’t care if the kids had been working all this time to be a competion band, that’s not what they wanted so tough.

Again, what would the football fans do if they decided they were just gonna be a club team now??????? Anyone???

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Actually Wheelersburg has switched between a competition band and a show band a few times in the past. I’m not sure why all the outrage now. Maybe because some kids and parents didn’t get their way, they stomped their feet and left. There are still plenty who quit but stayed at Burg.

Return to “Football”