Week 13 - Ironton 24 Ridgewood 14

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Re: Week 13 - Ironton (11-1) vs Ridgewood (12-0)

Post by Tripaces »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:39 am
Larry Fine wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:15 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:06 am

Alright Frankie, that's enough of that. Don't worry, while we're hitting the tackling dummies and working harder than ever this offseason, Ironton and their scouts can go pick up some new material for next season.
Burg had a good player from
Ironton last year named Wilson maybe, was he recruited ?
No it was his personal choice to leave a corrupt program.
Corrupt lol ok dad

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Tripaces wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:03 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:39 am

No it was his personal choice to leave a corrupt program.
Corrupt lol ok dad
Were you born between 1946-1964?

RaceEagle
Waterboy

Post by RaceEagle »

Just some numbers to chew on. Ridgewood's numbers are a bit skewed due to the JV's playing the whole 3rd quarter in every game but 4 this year and the freshmen playing the whole 4th quarter in every game but 2.
1st quarter points allowed through 12 games: 17 (1.4 ppg)
2nd quarter points allowed through 12 games: 38 (3.16 ppg)
3rd quarter points allowed through 12 games: 45 (3.75 ppg)
4th quarter points allowed through 12 games: 47 (3.91 ppg)

Overall points allowed with varsity, jv, and freshmen through 12 games: 147 (12.25 ppg)

1st quarter points scored through 12 games: 186 (15.5 ppg)
2nd quarter points scored through 12 games: 231 (19.25 ppg)
3rd quarter points scored through 12 games: 118 (9.8 ppg)
4th quarter points scored through 12 games: 49 (4.08 ppg)

Overall points scored with varsity, jv, and freshmen through 12 games: 583 (48.5 ppg)

I'm sure Ironton gave up some points with their 2's and 3's as well which makes their defensive numbers even more impressive. It will be interesting to see how this plays out Saturday night.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:18 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:06 am

Alright Frankie, that's enough of that. Don't worry, while we're hitting the tackling dummies and working harder than ever this offseason, Ironton and their scouts can go pick up some new material for next season.
I know my senior year Craig stamper who started since his freshman year at ironton moved to burg. Was he recruited? I don’t think so, thought burg was A better opportunity and he took it as a lot of kids do
I can understand kids going to another school that has had recent success over the last 6 years like the Burg .. However I do not understand why would you go to one that has not had success in the last 6 years ? (Ironton) There must be a reason for that !!!

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Sport Fan wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 am

I know my senior year Craig stamper who started since his freshman year at ironton moved to burg. Was he recruited? I don’t think so, thought burg was A better opportunity and he took it as a lot of kids do
I can understand kids going to another school that has had recent success over the last 6 years like the Burg .. However I do not understand why would you go to one that has not had success in the last 6 years ? (Ironton) There must be a reason for that !!!
You don’t think carrico getting recruited by every college in America has anything to do with that? Don’t think kids might want a better chance of being seen?

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

no proof no story. I’m sure if you would talk to the kids and not accuse them you might find out why they came

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Who’s everyone think wins the West Jefferson game and West Liberty game. I think West Jefferson gets their revenge they’ve put up A LOT of points this year and have held teams to low scores against them. With that being said I think teams down their aren’t very strong that just my opinion though.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:58 am
You don’t think carrico getting recruited by every college in America has anything to do with that? Don’t think kids might want a better chance of being seen?
LOL , Is that your Story and you are sticking with it... Something more that Carrico got them to come for sure ...

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Like I said so you have the proof?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

What will be the excuse next year when irontons in the same position as now?

bigburgboy
Riding the Bench

Post by bigburgboy »

Raycharles wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:02 am Who’s everyone think wins the West Jefferson game and West Liberty game. I think West Jefferson gets their revenge they’ve put up A LOT of points this year and have held teams to low scores against them. With that being said I think teams down their aren’t very strong that just my opinion though.
West Jeff should be hungry for this game as they probably still have a sour taste from that week 8 loss. I could certainly see a little payback this time around

And yes region 20 as a whole seems to not be all big and bad
Last edited by bigburgboy on Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Are there more carricos on that team? lol what a dumb statement. Blaine Scott, Tyler Gerald, long, Pleasant are all recent kids that play or played top d 1 tier teams and Ironton has nothing to do with it. Tanner Holden would have to if he had went that way. Makaya May too. You either are or not.
Last edited by laser breath on Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

laser breath wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:07 am

Are there more carricos on that team? lol what a dumb statement. Blaine Scott, Tyler Gerald, long, Pleasant are all kids that play top d 1 tier teams and Ironton has nothing to do with it. You either are or not.
Your right ironton paid them 😂 to come

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

me saying someone wanting to play on the team with the top recruit in this whole part of the state and country is stupid then my bad for being a dumb @$$

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Ironton got kids to come this year. Call it recruiting because that’s what it was but It’s over and done with. They loaded up for a run. Let’s see if they can pull it off.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Sounds like a bunch of crying to me. Ironton whole history is built on recruiting according to everyone not from ironton lmao
but have yet to get one violation from the state sound like its time to accept it because it doesn’t seem that anything beings done

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:13 am Sounds like a bunch of crying to me. Ironton whole history is built on recruiting according to everyone not from ironton lmao
but have yet to get one violation from the state sound like its time to accept it because it doesn’t seem that anything beings done
No one is crying about it. Just don’t act like it didn’t happen, or say they are getting more attention because they came there, thats is a crock of bull. They loaded up for a state run. End of story. They crossed their t’s and dotted their i’s. The ohsaa says they are eligible so they are. I’m sure they ticked some local coaches off. Who wouldn’t be ticked when one of their best players bolted for another team.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

laser breath wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:12 am Ironton got kids to come this year. Call it recruiting because that’s what it was but It’s over and done with. They loaded up for a run. Let’s see if they can pull it off.
Wouldn’t that just be something if it was cut short...

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Raycharles wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:48 am
laser breath wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:12 am Ironton got kids to come this year. Call it recruiting because that’s what it was but It’s over and done with. They loaded up for a run. Let’s see if they can pull it off.
Wouldn’t that just be something if it was cut short...
Might happen, might not

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

. I know every team around here that’s benefitted from kids moving there. People have always said this about ironton it’s what happens when you have a winning program it’s always cheating the story literally has never changed

Return to “Football”