Ironton v Ironton St. Joseph

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Re: Ironton v Ironton St. Joseph

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:09 am Ironton losing to Gallia pretty good surprises me. I still can’t believe ISJ the favorite but maybe they are
I'm not sure if you're trying to say that ISJ would be the favorite in a game against Ironton this year. If so, I don't think I would agree. Even though this will likely be one of ISJ's most successful seasons in recent memory, I still think Ironton would be favored to beat ISJ this season.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BlindWhiteHat wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:06 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:09 am Ironton losing to Gallia pretty good surprises me. I still can’t believe ISJ the favorite but maybe they are
I'm not sure if you're trying to say that ISJ would be the favorite in a game against Ironton this year. If so, I don't think I would agree. Even though this will likely be one of ISJ's most successful seasons in recent memory, I still think Ironton would be favored to beat ISJ this season.
I really don’t know. ISJ seems better than the years where they have a good record but bad competition and Ironton early on has been well below what I had guessed. I’d still pick Ironton but need to see how this one results.

Irish
Freshman Team

Post by Irish »

Ironton and ISJ played a regular season game in 1999. The atmosphere was electric and the Conley Center was packed. Ironton won the contest by 15+. Typically, ISJ can’t matchup with the Ironton athletes and their physicality.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:20 pm
I really don’t know. ISJ seems better than the years where they have a good record but bad competition and Ironton early on has been well below what I had guessed. I’d still pick Ironton but need to see how this one results.
I would agree with everything you said in that last comment.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Irish wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:53 pm Ironton and ISJ played a regular season game in 1999. The atmosphere was electric and the Conley Center was packed. Ironton won the contest by 15+. Typically, ISJ can’t matchup with the Ironton athletes and their physicality.
I think your last sentence says it all.

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Post by hereforthecomments »

I-TownFanatic wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:16 pm The Flyers don't have that big of a fan base. Wouldn't be any benefit to Ironton.
The Flyers actually have a pretty decent fan base. They would bring in what any other team would. Stop with the little brother theory.

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:20 pm
ISJ beat Ironton two years ago in the annual exhibition game by double digits.

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

mattash wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:06 pm To be so small how was st. Joe able to have both Volleyball and girls soccer ?
They started girls soccer a few years back and had good numbers for about 3 years then couldn’t hold a team for about 2. They came back with the girls team just last year. The students at Saint Joe do everything, it’s quite amazing.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

hereforthecomments wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:16 pm
I-TownFanatic wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:16 pm The Flyers don't have that big of a fan base. Wouldn't be any benefit to Ironton.
The Flyers actually have a pretty decent fan base. They would bring in what any other team would. Stop with the little brother theory.

Doubt it. This is like comparing the Trojans vs Tartans

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Irish
Freshman Team

Post by Irish »

Ironton played Fairland Tuesday night and there was nobody there to support the Tigers. It was a sad site to see. Where are all the Ironton faithful when it comes to basketball season?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Feeling Ironton by 15

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Last season when Wheelersburg played at Ironton, there wasn’t a lot of Tiger fans there either. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I agree with Ironman92, I think Ironton wins by 10-15.

Return to “Boys Basketball”