WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

art_vandelay
SE

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by art_vandelay »

Problem for Pendleton going forward is expectations of Ironton fans at this point is State Championship or bust. Anything short of that and they’ll be pointing finger at coaching staff. It going to be a loooooooooong offseason in Ironton.*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

My opinion on irontons coach will be when I can see what he does without transfers. He’s brought excitement in but let’s see if he’s in it for the long haul.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:28 pm Problem for Pendleton going forward is expectations of Ironton fans at this point is State Championship or bust. Anything short of that and they’ll be pointing finger at coaching staff. It going to be a loooooooooong offseason in Ironton.*
Man winning football games is hard. Especially in the playoffs. I’m not sure how many state championship winning coaches we have on this site but I doubt it’s a whole lot. I’m just saying the guy goes to back to back state titles and loses in the regional semis and they’re just shredding him.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burgball#1 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:48 pm Great atmosphere and fun game to watch in person. Yes #7 is a beast for Ironton and we were asking the same question on why he was not in the game more or getting the ball more. Two questions just curious as how others seen it. The second Ironton touchdown I thought the players knee hit the field on about the one yard line and the ball came out, the officials gave Ironton a TD on that play. Happened almost in front of us. The second question when the Ironton player wrapped up our receiver on the pass in the first half, why was there a no call on that in front of the official. Thanks

I'll tell you why!!! That tall, lanky official was horrible. He also didn't call the Ironton player down on that punt. The Ironton player knew what he did so he just stopped running.

Other than those few plays the officiating was okay. They let both teams play and that was good.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Can you imagine what that week 1 game next season is going to be like now?! 😅

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:31 pm My opinion on irontons coach will be when I can see what he does without transfers. He’s brought excitement in but let’s see if he’s in it for the long haul.
Exactly.

He definitely has brought excitement to Ironton that had been missing. Now let’s see him win when he doesn’t have such a significant athletic advantage due to transfers.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:25 pm
Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:24 pm
Not A Homer wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:11 pmgg
So disrespectful. He’s elevated the program to a completely new level from where it was before he got there. I’m sure he doesn’t spend his time on here but I wouldn’t blame him one bit if he decided to leave. Talk about turning your back on someone when things get tough. Where’s the loyalty? I’m sure he could find another coaching gig. He’s a lock for most programs in SEO but I wouldn’t be surprised if Michigan state wouldn’t have some type of position for him.
Agreed, I’d be gone
The guys not only elevated the programs on field success but the dude has had a nice chunk of kids go off to play big time college football. You CANNOT tell me that’s a coincidence with Trevor playing big time ball himself. Obviously the guy knows the formula to help these kids out and he’s probably got great connections in the college world. I don’t get it. Jackson would love to have him on the staff! haha

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:52 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:49 pm Congrats to burg. Sloppy game by ironton and Pendleton’s play calling was even worse. I think irontons defense was on the field the entire game. I’m not a fan of either but fun to see a game at Portsmouth week 13 it was packed and a amazing atmosphere
Portsmouth did a solid job hosting this one. Only suggestion I’d have is to turn up the PA system volume. But other than that, great atmosphere tonight.*

Yeah, then we might have been able to hear the split the pot numbers called with THREE MINUTES LEFT IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!

Anyone else get duped into buying one??? My question did the OHSAA allow split the pot to help the host make some money or did the PHS cheerleaders pull a fast one and just sell them? Did anyone hear if there was a winner???

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:36 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:28 pm Problem for Pendleton going forward is expectations of Ironton fans at this point is State Championship or bust. Anything short of that and they’ll be pointing finger at coaching staff. It going to be a loooooooooong offseason in Ironton.*
Man winning football games is hard. Especially in the playoffs. I’m not sure how many state championship winning coaches we have on this site but I doubt it’s a whole lot. I’m just saying the guy goes to back to back state titles and loses in the regional semis and they’re just shredding him.
I agree with you. I’m just saying what Ironton fans’ mindset is at this point. Getting to State Finals last 2 years and having all these D1 kids is a double-edged sword that just makes the expectations for Pendleton even higher. It’s not right but it just the way it is now.*

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

The people on here bashing the coaches are trolls. It’s also likely just one guy, our boy ChillKillz420, posting on a bunch of accounts.

In four years, this staff has taken a program that was essentially left for dead to two state title games. Didn’t get the result we wanted tonight, but we will take Coach and this staff as long as he wants to be here. The end.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:40 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:49 pm Congrats to burg. Sloppy game by ironton and Pendleton’s play calling was even worse. I think irontons defense was on the field the entire game. I’m not a fan of either but fun to see a game at Portsmouth week 13 it was packed and a amazing atmosphere
Portsmouth did a solid job hosting this one. Only suggestion I’d have is to turn up the PA system volume. But other than that, great atmosphere tonight.*

Yeah, then we might have been able to hear the split the pot numbers called with THREE MINUTES LEFT IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!

Anyone else get duped into buying one??? My question did the OHSAA allow split the pot to help the host make some money or did the PHS cheerleaders pull a fast one and just sell them? Did anyone hear if there was a winner???

We had the same problem when valley played week 1 you couldn’t hear the announcer on the visiting side

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:44 pm
Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:36 pm
I agree with you. I’m just saying what Ironton fans’ mindset is at this point. Getting to State Finals last 2 years and having all these D1 kids is a double-edged sword that just makes the expectations for Pendleton even higher. It’s not right but it just the way it is now.*
I agree with you that after his recent success fans are gonna have high expectations but I’d be grateful for him. One year he’s there and your making state championship runs and the next year he leaves and they hire some goober that runs the program into the ground lol. You know what I mean

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Looks like Will had 7,300 views on his livestream 🤯

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I won’t bash the coach or program we lost it’s ok not the first time or the last I’m definitely glad to have this staff in place it’s really not that serious take care of the ball and you win I’ve said it the last 3 years that and penalties are the only thing that can beat Ironton and it happened tonight I’d love to see how many times the last 3 years Ironton has turned the ball over but they usually find a way to win you can’t go to the time that they don’t and say it’s the coaches fault

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great win Pirates!!!

Burg's defense pretty much shut down Ironton's running game in the 2nd half. Everyone asking why didn't 7 get the ball more. Burg shut him down cold when he did touch the ball in the second half. That's why Ironton had to try and throw because the run game wasn't there. Burg made the adjustments and plugged the middle and was stuffing everything coming at them.

Also, that was total bush league bullshit at the end of the game the way Ironton was chopping the Burg lineman's legs and jumping over the line, flying through the air. The play is dead as SOON as the QB touches his knee down. Total BS!!!!!!!

Anyone seen bigdaddyfromcincinnati!!! Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:43 pm One thing I will say is how impressed I am with burgs players and coaches. That was a statement win. After getting embarrassed week one nobody thought they would even make the playoffs or even finish with a winning record. They respond by winning the league, making the playoffs, getting a win last week not many people thought they would get, coming in this week pretty much totally outmatched. Ironton had the better defense, running game, o line, special teams was just as good, bigger, faster, stronger athletes. And they overcome all that and win. You know they had week one stuck in the back of their heads all year long. Coach Woodward is phenomenal. He takes “one of the worst burg teams in recent memory” to the regional championship. If I’m burg’s AD I’m letting that guy coach at burg for as long as he wants. Ironton has beat burg down the past couple meetings but I think burg maybe just changed the tide a little bit. This win has to feel so good for burgs program.

Well said!!! This is a huge win for Burg!! Doesn't matter what they do next week, this game was big because what happened in week 1 and I think that played a part in this game. Ironton got up 14-3 and thought the beating is on again. Burg didn't let down. Held in there and kept Ironton scoreless for THREE QUARTERS!!!!!!!! When is the last time that has happened????

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I can't believe Ironton didn't want this game played in Jackson. Burg has never lost in the coliseum since its opening. That is the third time they have beaten Ironton there and I think they beat Portsmouth at least twice there.

Hopefully they get to play at the other home away from home next week. Chillicothe!!!!!

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Izladoom wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:49 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:40 pm

We had the same problem when valley played week 1 you couldn’t hear the announcer on the visiting side

The PA system at Portsmouth is one of the worst around. You’d think a nice big fairly new (12ish years old) facility would have a good PA system, but nope. It’s hard to hear on the home side. When they play music it’s typically staticky, and then they play all these goofy sounds and phrases that when combined with the terrible quality of the PA make it sometimes unbearable. But to answer the previous question split the pot actually is going towards a new PA system, thank you for your donation. :lol:

Who Dey!
SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Just like last week. Ironton could have ran 15 and 7 to victory. Wheelersburg never stopped #7.

Turnovers are a result of lack of discipline and coaching. Ball security is an element of coaching. Ironton got out coached and it wasn’t just tonight. Ironton got worse from week 1 and Wheelersburg got better

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

They announced split the pot toward end of the game but crowd was so loud you couldn’t hear the announcement. I noticed PA system (or lack thereof) in warmups when they had some music playing, but it was so low it didn’t matter. Big game like that should have had rap music bumping loud in warmups and halftime.*

Return to “Football”