2023 Ironton Tigers

RBH23
S

Re: 2023 Ironton Tigers

Post by RBH23 »

LockHerUp wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:07 am I don't think that many RH kids are at Ironton right now. But, in regards to this conversation, I'd say that's irrelevant. Meaning... I would admit they're not homegrown.
I'm not even ripping on the burg. Honestly, in today's high school football scene, you'd be foolish to not accept these kids (the MAC and Kirtland are outliers...most championship teams have transfers).
I just think it's extremely inconsistent & biased to say Ironton has benefitted from out-of-town kids significantly more than the burg over the years. We both have reaped the benefits of transfers/move-ins/out-of-district kids.
Is that a joke? In the past five years, Ironton has recruited close to a dozen top players from other high schools. They have benefitted from doing this more than all the other schools in the area combined. Not even close.

It’s insane to say that’s the same as a kid who grew up going to Burg while learning to play at Burg.

In the Ironton case, the kid was specifically plucked from another school based on his football skills that had already been developed. In the Burg case, there was no guarantee the boy would even play football. Burg school system and program helped make him a player, not some other school.

At least own the obvious.

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:08 pm
LockHerUp wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:07 am I don't think that many RH kids are at Ironton right now. But, in regards to this conversation, I'd say that's irrelevant. Meaning... I would admit they're not homegrown.
I'm not even ripping on the burg. Honestly, in today's high school football scene, you'd be foolish to not accept these kids (the MAC and Kirtland are outliers...most championship teams have transfers).
I just think it's extremely inconsistent & biased to say Ironton has benefitted from out-of-town kids significantly more than the burg over the years. We both have reaped the benefits of transfers/move-ins/out-of-district kids.
Is that a joke? In the past five years, Ironton has recruited close to a dozen top players from other high schools. They have benefitted from doing this more than all the other schools in the area combined. Not even close.

It’s insane to say that’s the same as a kid who grew up going to Burg while learning to play at Burg.

In the Ironton case, the kid was specifically plucked from another school based on his football skills that had already been developed. In the Burg case, there was no guarantee the boy would even play football. Burg school system and program helped make him a player, not some other school.

I never get on here and post. I do not even live remotely in the area. With the accusations of recruitment going on at Ironton could you provide proof? Or do you just talk to talk? Kids transfer because they see other kids getting college offers that they would never get in their own schools program. It is pretty obvious Ironton has had multiple kids transfer in. Duh. State the obvious.

With that being said, making accusations of recruitment is a big time statement on your part. I would like for you to provide proof of these statements. Otherwise please just shut up.

I am honestly surprised from the lack of effort from the admins of this website for allowing the accusations on this thread, and many others, continue. With all the other post and comments that get deleted, these should as well. As this person continues to make extremely dumb statements without backing up his information with any sort of proof....wonderful stuff..

T-I-G-E-R-S
mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

TigersGameDayFan wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:57 pm

I never get on here and post. I do not even live remotely in the area. With the accusations of recruitment going on at Ironton could you provide proof? Or do you just talk to talk? Kids transfer because they see other kids getting college offers that they would never get in their own schools program. It is pretty obvious Ironton has had multiple kids transfer in. Duh. State the obvious.

With that being said, making accusations of recruitment is a big time statement on your part. I would like for you to provide proof of these statements. Otherwise please just shut up.

I am honestly surprised from the lack of effort from the admins of this website for allowing the accusations on this thread, and many others, continue. With all the other post and comments that get deleted, these should as well. As this person continues to make extremely dumb statements without backing up his information with any sort of proof....wonderful stuff..
:lol: :lol:

proof is in the roster. 😂

stop with the college scholarship baloney …kids from other area schools have went to college and some even sniffed the pros … don’t be so gullible… recruiting goes on… I have no problem with it… i think it shouldn’t even be a rule..but definitely goes on..

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

This whole thread is Butt Hurt Nation’s meeting point to throw accusations around.

Kids transferring to Ironton who have football talent will make Ironton’s football team better. It doesn’t take much common sense to figure that one out.

The constant whining and accusations are hilarious. I’d nominate Pendleton as head of the CIA at this point. He takes the best player from every local school through constant recruitment but never leaves any evidence. How he keeps all these contacts a secret is impressive.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Also meant to mention the Tiger Clan drawing is later this month. I’m hearing the group is very close to furnishing two more apartments, and a major donor specifically stated that these two apartments are only to be used for Scioto County youth struggling to find a modern football program. If you would like to donate, please buy a ticket!

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

mustard wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:41 pm

stop with the college scholarship baloney …kids from other area schools have went to college and some even sniffed the pros … don’t be so gullible… recruiting goes on… I have no problem with it… i think it shouldn’t even be a rule..but definitely goes on..

Ok so tell me what other area schools are producing the same scholarships? Lets break this down one question at a time.

T-I-G-E-R-S
mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

TigerBob wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:44 pm Also meant to mention the Tiger Clan drawing is later this month. I’m hearing the group is very close to furnishing two more apartments, and a major donor specifically stated that these two apartments are only to be used for Scioto County youth struggling to find a modern football program. If you would like to donate, please buy a ticket!
:lol:

excellent recruiting angle!!!

Lol. sort of a homeless tryout..yes we will take u in as long as u can run a 40 yd dash… the rest of you can go back to the gutters.. maybe next year

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

TigersGameDayFan wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:48 pm

Ok so tell me what other area schools are producing the same scholarships? Lets break this down one question at a time.
:lol: with their own players or their transfers?

Long of south point committed to Akron recently not sure how that happened…maybe because he was 6-6 380 😂

ur right it does make it easier to gather all the d1 talent in one area and bus them around…its 4 the kids 😂

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

mustard wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:04 pm

Long of south point committed to Akron recently not sure how that happened…maybe because he was 6-6 380 😂
I am not arguing against what you are saying. As stated in my original post. I do not live around there, I am gathering information for myself.. A direct quote from you says "kids from other area schools have went to college and some even sniffed the pros" Please provide the information you stated with schools and kids. Ironton kids starting gaining traction in 2018/19 with the Pendleton era starting, if i recall correctly there wasnt any transfers on those teams because lets just be honest. The program sucked the previous years.

With that being said i'll go back to your words "kids from other area schools have went to college and some even sniffed the pros" Please tell me what schools these are? Thanks in advance.

T-I-G-E-R-S
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

First off, this topic is not about whether Ironton’s recruiting efforts are legal or not. We are debating if what Ironton does is equivalent to what Burg does.

Second, I have actually applauded Pendleton for his efforts. What he’s doing is very smart because he has no chance of ever winning a state title without these transfers/recruits.

Third, there have been many specific examples of him recruiting kids from other schools. These have been shared multiple times from others on this site: phone calls made to kids at other schools, contact with kids at other schools during other sporting events, etc. One excited mother even posted on Facebook about Pendleton contacting her son about coming to play for Ironton. Believe it or not, parents talk!!

So the proof is there but is always ignored by Ironton fans. They are the only ones pretending this is not happening.

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

RBH23 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:19 pm

First off, this topic is not about whether Ironton’s recruiting efforts are legal or not. We are debating if what Ironton does is equivalent to what Burg does.

Second, I have actually applauded Pendleton for his efforts. What he’s doing is very smart because he has no chance of ever winning a state title without these transfers/recruits.

Third, there have been many specific examples of him recruiting kids from other schools. These have been shared multiple times from others on this site: phone calls made to kids at other schools, contact with kids at other schools during other sporting events, etc. One excited mother even posted on Facebook about Pendleton contacting her son about coming to play for Ironton. Believe it or not, parents talk!!

So the proof is there but is always ignored by Ironton fans. They are the only ones pretending this is not happening.

This topic is called Ironton Football 2023. It has nothing to do with Burg. Numb Skull.

If the proof is there, where is the screen shots of the text, messages, call? Come on now.

I can make stuff up easily, let me hop on facebook real quick. Burgs coach called my son last week and wanted him to move there. Easy as that. Until you can provide adequate information that is true. With proof to validate it, then just shut up.

T-I-G-E-R-S
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

ur right it does make it easier to gather all the d1 talent in one area and bus them around…its 4 the kids 😂
Kid from Minford went to Marshall and then ended up starting at Notre Dame. Not sure if he made the pros.

Lineman from Sciotoville recently recruited by some big schools; OSU being one of them.

Holden would have gotten some big looks if he had dedicated himself to football.

Hell, Pendleton himself ended up at MSU and started in the Rose Bowl.

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

RBH23 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:23 pm

Kid from Minford went to Marshall and then ended up starting at Notre Dame. Not sure if he made the pros.

Lineman from Sciotoville recently recruited by some big schools; OSU being one of them.

Holden would have gotten some big looks if he had dedicated himself to football.

How many kids from those programs have transferred to Ironton? This is a serious questions because I do not know the answer to that. Maybe 1?

T-I-G-E-R-S
Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:23 pm
Chief Kdogg wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:38 pm As if on cue, RoyallyButtHurt and the butt hurt Burg gang chimes in. :mrgreen:
Butthurt? I’m actually embarrassed for Ironton as a program and feel bad for the Ironton kids that are getting pushed to the side.

This is Pendleton looking around at the Ironton kids and saying “I can’t win with this. Better go out and get a competitive team.”
Boohoo and butt hurt. 😂

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

TigersGameDayFan wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:08 pm

I am not arguing against what you are saying. As stated in my original post. I do not live around there, I am gathering information for myself.. A direct quote from you says "kids from other area schools have went to college and some even sniffed the pros" Please provide the information you stated with schools and kids. Ironton kids starting gaining traction in 2018/19 with the Pendleton era starting, if i recall correctly there wasnt any transfers on those teams because lets just be honest. The program sucked the previous years.

With that being said i'll go back to your words "kids from other area schools have went to college and some even sniffed the pros" Please tell me what schools these are? Thanks in advance.
idk 🤷‍♂️ im sure there’s more just get on local twitter team pages..kids commit all the time to places…its pretty funny to me that people think other area coaches can’t send a kid on to college football

i think Pendleton is an innovator lol 😂 he’s like Chaz off of wedding crashers

he’s had like 30 kids transfer filter in since he’s been there…..and gotten by with it.. 😂

but Ironton is winning bro because of it…something some of these fans don’t want to come to terms with. Lol

Which is gonna win more
5 kobe bryants
Or
5 g league players 😂

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

TigersGameDayFan wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:22 pm

This topic is called Ironton Football 2023. It has nothing to do with Burg. Numb Skull.

If the proof is there, where is the screen shots of the text, messages, call? Come on now.

I can make stuff up easily, let me hop on facebook real quick. Burgs coach called my son last week and wanted him to move there. Easy as that. Until you can provide adequate information that is true. With proof to validate it, then just shut up.
burgs coach called your son? That’s Awesome 😂 😂

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigersGameDayFan wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:22 pm

You’re late to the party. Go back and read the threads from the past on this topic. Many examples were given. If you don’t want to believe them, that’s your choice.

Specifics (of one example) were shared with me that I won’t share out of respect for privacy. My friend has a relationship with the family and is well know in the community. So not mine to share unfortunately.

My friend won’t go to OHSAA for one simple reason: any punishment only hurts the Ironton kids. Not worth hurting them over a game.

But again, my only complaint about the matter is that Ironton fans keep accusing Burg of doing this. That’s the reason I chime in because that is completely false.

As for Ironton and their transfers/recruiting, Pendleton needs to do what makes his team a winner. Hasn’t been able to get over the top yet with all the outside help, but maybe one day. Regardless, stopping the recruiting would be a death nail since Ironton is irrelevant without the outside help.

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

mustard wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:30 pm

idk 🤷‍♂️ im sure there’s more just get on local twitter team pages..kids commit all the time to places…its pretty funny to me that people think other area coaches can’t send a kid on to college football

he’s had like 30 kids transfer filter in since he’s been there…..and gotten by with it.. 😂

but Ironton is winning bro because of it…something some of these fans don’t want to come to terms with. Lol

Which is gonna win more
5 kobe bryants
Or
5 g league players 😂
So you can't answer the question to your own statement. Which goes to show you have zero clue what you are talking about...

Thanks I will no longer entertain nor even read your post. Easy as that..Carry on....I will be logging off again for another few years....see ya then

T-I-G-E-R-S
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigersGameDayFan wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:25 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:23 pm

How many kids from those programs have transferred to Ironton? This is a serious questions because I do not know the answer to that. Maybe 1?
Two from Burg. I don’t know about Sciotoville or Minford.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

:lol:
TigersGameDayFan wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:34 pm
mustard wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:30 pm

Which is gonna win more
5 kobe bryants
Or
5 g league players 😂
So you can't answer the question to your own statement. Which goes to show you have zero clue what you are talking about...

Thanks I will no longer entertain nor even read your post. Easy as that..Carry on....I will be logging off again for another few years....see ya then
lol 😂 I gave you an example

u should log off… u have a hard time with reality lol 😂
Last edited by mustard on Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”