Vinton county Vikings 2023

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Vinton county Vikings 2023

Post by Dundas »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:56 am Hope that rumor isn’t true , will be shocking.
It’s always shocking when your team gets poached by another program.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Dundas wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:58 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:56 am Hope that rumor isn’t true , will be shocking.
No it’s not. Chillicothe lost 4 players to Washington and it wasn’t shocking at all. Washington and Miami Trace have had players going back and forth forever. It’s rarely shocking. Sitting here in Applebees reading this any Jackson football prominent family kid going to Vinton County, that would be shocking. I can’t even make it make sense.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Yes

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ed Ott wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:27 pm
No it’s not. Chillicothe lost 4 players to Washington and it wasn’t shocking at all. Washington and Miami Trace have had players going back and forth forever. It’s rarely shocking. Sitting here in Applebees reading this any Jackson football prominent family kid going to Vinton County, that would be shocking. I can’t even make it make sense.
It must be for playing time.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:44 pm
Yes
I’m glad we can finally agree on something I98!

Albundy33
Freshman Team

Post by Albundy33 »

I went to the scrimmage today how does everyone feel about it?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Albundy33 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:09 pm I went to the scrimmage today how does everyone feel about it?
Watching the film now. Heard mixed results.

VCTailgater
Waterboy

Post by VCTailgater »

I thought the Team looked very solid from top to bottom with a lot of Depth. I believe this first scrimmage did exactly what a first scrimmage is supposed to do, uncover a few things to work on and get better at. Coach Carper and staff along with the players have definitely put in the hardwork in the offseason. VC played 2 really good and explosive teams and did really well. Definitely ready to watch this group throughout the year!

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I heard they smacked around Paint Valley pretty good. Paint Valley may be down, lost their two best players to injuries, and the guy I spoke with said they were small.

As far Gallia, he said that they are very good, and did not give me a score, but by the context of the conversation, it may have been a lopsided victory for the Blue Devils.

This year is going to be interesting on several accounts. I am not going to get into here, but only to say, that if the OHSAA had a weekly practice time limit, much like the NCAA has, the Vikings would exceed it astronomically. Hopefully, all of that time pays off through week 10 and into week 11 and beyond.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:43 pm I heard they smacked around Paint Valley pretty good. Paint Valley may be down, lost their two best players to injuries, and the guy I spoke with said they were small.

As far Gallia, he said that they are very good, and did not give me a score, but by the context of the conversation, it may have been a lopsided victory for the Blue Devils.

This year is going to be interesting on several accounts. I am not going to get into here, but only to say, that if the OHSAA had a weekly practice time limit, much like the NCAA has, the Vikings would exceed it astronomically. Hopefully, all of that time pays off through week 10 and into week 11 and beyond.
They can practice as long as they want but they’re still not going to win the league.

I know, I was D1 fellas
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

*D1* wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:14 pm
hawkeyepierce wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:43 pm I heard they smacked around Paint Valley pretty good. Paint Valley may be down, lost their two best players to injuries, and the guy I spoke with said they were small.

They can practice as long as they want but they’re still not going to win the league.
Did you mean to post that on the Meigs thread?

Also, we play in a conference. Not a league. It’s the TVC, not TVL.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

Dundas wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:41 pm

League= a group of sports teams which play each other over a season for a championship.

I realize you’re not used to winning much so you probably just forgot what the word means, and especially when combined with a championship.

I know, I was D1 fellas
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

*D1* wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:48 pm

League= a group of sports teams which play each other over a season for a championship.

I realize you’re not used to winning much so you probably just forgot what the word means, and especially when combined with a championship.
And a conference is the same thing. Which is what the TVC is callled. The Tri-Valley Conference.

When did Meigs win the “league” last?

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

Dundas wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:06 pm
*D1* wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:48 pm

And a conference is the same thing. Which is what the TVC is callled. The Tri-Valley Conference.

When did Meigs win the “league” last?
Meigs hasn’t been in a league since they left the SEOAL. But we will run it up on VC this year. From what your fans are saying you’ll have those players worn out before the season even starts.

I know, I was D1 fellas
Kingkong
Waterboy

Post by Kingkong »

This class of VC seniors has never lost to Meigs at any level and it hasn’t even been close
Last edited by Kingkong on Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

It’s getting pretty funny reading the comments of one of VCs coaches trying to defend his schools lack of success. Our coach gets on here and simply talks about how he has built some weight room monsters and how MarauderNation can expect big things. Then the jealous VC faithful tries to throw shade all over that. Must be jealous about us getting new turf and they still play in a pasture. Nonetheless.Meigs wins this league this year and for the foreseeable future by a lot.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Meigs has turf? That’s rich! What did they do? Find a company that sells welfare turf? Please share with us all how Meigs gets turf…..

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

Howard Cosell wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:34 am Meigs has turf? That’s rich! What did they do? Find a company that sells welfare turf? Please share with us all how Meigs gets turf…..
Simple, when your coach was D1 things happen. Once the players started listening we started winning and it was a no brainer. With the speed we built on these monsters turf will make us even more lethal. Speed kills. I’m just glad VC will get another chance to play on turf every other year. Lord knows they can’t afford their own but their players still deserve to experience it.

I know, I was D1 fellas
Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Howard Cosell wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:34 am Meigs has turf? That’s rich! What did they do? Find a company that sells welfare turf? Please share with us all how Meigs gets turf…..
Welfare turf!!!!! Bahahahahaha! More like turf sponsored by Old Milwaukee!

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Union Local Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Union Local Kid »

*D1* wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:45 am
Simple, when your coach was D1 things happen. Once the players started listening we started winning and it was a no brainer. With the speed we built on these monsters turf will make us even more lethal. Speed kills. I’m just glad VC will get another chance to play on turf every other year. Lord knows they can’t afford their own but their players still deserve to experience it.
Last I checked, VC's coach was a D1 kid too. Think you might be smoking too many left handed cigs made from that from that old Milwaukee sponsered turf. Just be sure not to smoke it all prior to your home games so there's enough turf left for the kids to play their games on. That kind of grass doesn't grow back... This is Nelsonville's conference to lose this year.

Return to “Football”