Logan coach steps down

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Re: Logan coach steps down

Post by Chieftain Fan »

The new Supt. will set the tone for his way of dealing and making choices in selecting the new coach IMO. The new coach will have a group of young men that get along extremely well and have great work ethics. That is a great start for any coach. Hope great things for the Purple Gang and whoever is the new coach. Whoever is the new coach I would hope for the betterment of the program that everyone stay positive and enjoy Chieftain Basketball. Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Tons of talent in the program, whoever the new coach to be is, will be stepping into a great position.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

Chieftain Fan wrote:The new Supt. will set the tone for his way of dealing and making choices in selecting the new coach IMO. The new coach will have a group of young men that get along extremely well and have great work ethics. That is a great start for any coach. Hope great things for the Purple Gang and whoever is the new coach. Whoever is the new coach I would hope for the betterment of the program that everyone stay positive and enjoy Chieftain Basketball. Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!
I may be wrong, but I thought I read that the new Supt won't take over until mid summer.. July 1..
Anyhow, I bet they have some good ones to chose from..

FannyPack
Freshman Team

Post by FannyPack »

"Parents ran off one coach, then another left after a year in which he was hounded for being old school...but, trust us, this is a good job!"

2015-2016 Basketball Pick 'Em Champion while picking correctly 81% of the time.
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Somebody needs to step up and say "Leave the coach the hell alone during the season!" Be a parent and a fan. We have so many wanna be coaches in the stands apparently and they feel they know more than the coach does. Let the guy do his job. If your kid isnt playing, ask him if he is doing enough at practice and really ask yourself is it worth it to get in the middle of what he is doing as a coach. If there isnt limits put on what parents can get involved in then this will never change the culture. And yes I have a kid in the system and I just asked her this three days ago. I liked Kellough and his approach. He was old school. I liked it. I didnt like the way he handled the exit but hes gone now so on to the next. But goodness, what do you want? Got rid of an old school guy with a state championship under his belt, got rid of a guy who had 25 years in at the school and in the program, and unless its a former middle school coach who's applied for the job, my guess is the next coach will be a guy with experience who has HIS WAY of doing things. Let the guy do what he needs to do to win; whether you agree or not. If not, then next time apply for the job.

end rant. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Logangrad on Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Live Like A Champion!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The coaches that get the interviews need to tell them right off. You guys need to back me and stop worrying about parents. Listening to parents hasn't won a lot lately so lets give the other way a try.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
SEOALlives
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOALlives »

noreply66 wrote:The coaches that get the interviews need to tell them right off. You guys need to back me and stop worrying about parents. Listening to parents hasn't won a lot lately so lets give the other way a try.
That's just not going to happen in Logan. The board knows they are elected and are terrified of parents and community members who threaten to get them voted out. They in turn force the admin to knuckle under to the pressure, who then force those agendas onto the coaches or just get rid of them. So unfortunately some parents and community members will always get their say. It is unfortunate for any coach in the system that offend Susie or Johnnies mommy, daddy, or grandparents.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

It is only a few parents that start the ball rolling and like must places we have to many followers and not enough leaders to step up and put a stop to it. Most of these elected nuts are after the big money when they retire. It is help myself not the kids.

duck42
Waterboy

Post by duck42 »

Winning stops or at least slows down the whining. PERIOD.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Coaches who "wannabe the Logan coach" interviewed yesterday late afternoon/evening at the high school ... heard names of a couple of "insiders" who have interviewed for the position - you hear the darnedest things at the doctors office ... the process is moving forward ... hope we hear something sooner than later ...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Get in line at Walmart where the jocks are wearing shorts and nice tennis shoes and you can hear some good stuff too.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Any NEW rumors?
Last edited by LHS 72 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Start half way thru this thread and you have a few . People doing alot of fishing.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Hard to win an SEOAL title with no SEOAL.... :o

Live Like A Champion!
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Koondogger wrote:F them chiefs wants to win they need to bring that 9th grade coach from a few years back. He can bring along tomcat15 thus guaranteeing a deep tourney run and an SEOAL title

And I agree, that Dunigan guy was a great freshman coach..... :mrgreen:

Live Like A Champion!
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Koondogger wrote:F them chiefs wants to win they need to bring that 9th grade coach from a few years back. He can bring along tomcat15 thus guaranteeing a deep tourney run and an SEOAL title
You mean HOWIE!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

The Logan BOE meets on Monday 4/25/16 ... I'm wondering if a decision has been made as to a Boys coach ? will there be a vote to hire Monday night ? not sure when the board agenda comes out to see if either boys or girls coaching positions are under consideration next week or not ... I suppose we will need to wait and see ...

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Process seems to be on hold at the moment. New superintendent only around once a week right now so it appears its moving slower than expected.

Live Like A Champion!
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

LogangradKD wrote:Process seems to be on hold at the moment. New superintendent only around once a week right now so it appears its moving slower than expected.
This is what I expected!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i hope we dont drag our feet too long.......

AT THE RESERVATION

Return to “Boys Basketball”