South Gallia Football 2008

91blue14
SE

Re: South Gallia Football 2008

Post by 91blue14 »

MRS SHAW what i think he meant was it takes a special woman to be the wife of a coach. balancing family time and work is tough and it leaves women to raising children without alot of help because dad is gone or he is in their breaking down film, at the weightroom, attending clinics in the off season. it indeed takes a special woman to be able to handle her husband being bad mouthed in the stands and children hear the bashing and dont understand. i commend you on standing behind your husband. officials while in season is hectic you have to be at the gamesite at no later than 5:30 go meet coaches, check balls , and by the time you get your game summary from each individual on how some calls were made and how your particular assignment went. then you hit the showers and god knows some schools put you in some challenging facilities. your generally dressed by 10:45 and usually stop for a burger and your night ends after midnight. these guys do it for the love from the time they arrive at 5:30 leave about say eleven drive home they have put in almost another 8 hours of work after their regular job from that morning. i dont think some people understand how time consuming and dedication it takes. i take my hat off to those who sacrifice some family time so kids can entertain us on the field.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Been called many things in my life, but I would say that was the first time I was ever called those things. :(

kendra shaw
Waterboy

Post by kendra shaw »

Your comment, not you. I don't even know you.

"The wives would be special..."

Why? That's all. Just why?

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Maybe that was a comment of respect for their strength, patience and understanding when it comes to their husbands' being unable to put little boys' games in the past.

But as you claim not to know me, you could only judge the comment by your own views and the words I wrote, and wouldn't realistically be expected to know what I meant, especially since I obviously did a HORSE crap job of explaining myself.

I guess there are several ways one could look at the men who coach high school sports:

1. They are just big kids who can't leave their little boys' games alone.

2. They are just trying to hide from their families.

3. Coaching is like a secular ministry; rather than using God or something else, coaches use these sports to make a difference in the lives of young people.

I am sure there are other, more nuanced ways of looking at the situation, but I think it could be agreed that at least two of those ways of looking at the men who coach HS sports would be pretty problematic in a domestic situation, no?

kendra shaw
Waterboy

Post by kendra shaw »

I only wanted to know why a coach doing it for free meant the wife would be special, as if something a man does can have that effect on a woman, or reflect on her, or whatever. Never mind.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

She would have to be a very special woman to tolerate that. That's all.

In no way does his choice of what to do change or influence what she is. FraKkin-A, this ain't 18th century England or something!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

where is this thing going :?

10mike
Riding the Bench

Post by 10mike »

KarlAgathon wrote:The wives of men who volunteer their time to coach HS football would be very special women, and they would be very lucky men.

I cannot for the life of me, figure out how anyone, especially a coaches wife, could consider that post to be offensive or demeaning.

Coaching football is a VERY time consuming occupation. Therefore, any wife who is supportive, loving and understanding enough to support their husband's while they are away from their family coaching football, would have to be considered a special woman. I'm quite certain that that is all KarlAgathon meant! It was a compliment to the wives of coaches! Again, how in the world could a coaches wife not consider that to be a compliment???

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

The wife of a coach has to be a special person and it is not for everyone. They can at times have to be both Mom and Dad to their children because of all the time that coaches spend away from the family. A wife that makes the sport a part of their family's lives is by far a special woman. My wife became a professional at knowing where to sit in the stands. The coach is wrapped up in the game while the family is in the stands and they hear their husband and and father called everything in the book. I remember a night that when I got home from the game and this what she told me, "The visitors thought their coach was just as dumb as our fans think you are." It is a special woman that can handel that. The times spent helping to put playbooks together, scouting reports, painting helments, cleaning equipment, and yes scouting with their husband is not for everyone. Yea, I don't want to forget painting and working on lockerrooms. My wife tells the story of holding an unbrella while I scouted a football game one night. She claims to this day that is was lighting but it was not. I was very lucky to have a wonderful wife that put up with me all the years that I coached. For those of you on here that know me know that what I have just said is the truth and can back this up.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

they have to be tough as nails and loving too :mrgreen:

kendra shaw
Waterboy

Post by kendra shaw »

If I had been in a group, IRL, and someone made that statement, I would have said "Oh, why?" Curiosity would have made me say it.

When my husband was coaching we lived elsewhere and I wasn't involved at all because I had my own career, with its own long hours, so I can't really relate to that 'in the stands' thing.

Plus, I prefer baseball.

Anyhow, I now understand what he was saying, and that's all I wanted. That's why I asked. OK?

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

I see the Rebels going somewhere around 5-5 this year, give or take a year. It seems to be a rebuilding season. But give them a year or two and things will really start to take off.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

This needs to get back to what is important and I have helped to get this off the topic. The young men are in the weight room working hard and getting ready for the season.

GO REBELS!

revjimjones
Riding the Bench

Post by revjimjones »

You know a team is going to be bad when its fans are saying they think that team will go 5-5.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

You know a team is going to be bad when its fans are saying they think that team will go 5-5.

Im just being realistic. Thats what I see. No reason to say they are gonna go 10-0 when I dont think they will. There is alot of new faces on this team and it will take them a while to get used to the game. But I will say in the next few years we will have a VERY good team. But what do I know, I am not an expert on these things.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

;-)

SW HIGHLANDER GRAD
Waterboy

Post by SW HIGHLANDER GRAD »

ANYONE HEARD WHAT THE WEIGHT ROOM NUMBERS ARE. ARE THEY HAVING THE MORNING AND EVENING OPEN THIS YEAR.
WHATEVER THE NUMBERS ARE WORK HARD AND GET YOURSELVES READY FOR THE UPCOMING SEASON. GOOD LUCK & GOOO REBELS :aaaaa85

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

i hope your weights turn into touchdowns :lol:

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Work hard this summer Rebels! Good luck and have a great season! 8)

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

I heard that Bainter is ineligible.

Return to “Football”