An Early Look at the SEOAL: The 2008 Warren Warriors

warriorfootballer
Riding the Bench

Re: An Early Look at the SEOAL: The 2008 Warren Warriors

Post by warriorfootballer »

hoon will deffinetely be tight end
the o-line will more than likely look like this.
OT: Greathouse
OG: Ben Johnson
C: Cody Alfred
OG: Jon Arbuckle
OT: Jacob Lemon

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

pritt at middle, ellenwood/arbuckle at weak and wolfe at strong

hoon will not be a tackle. who else can play tight end?

greathouse is doing just fine at tackle. he's huge and deserves a shot.

warriorfootballer
Riding the Bench

the only other tight end is david wellspring, wherever he is. hoon's other back ups are two freshman and a sophomore who isnt eligible until interims. and i dont think any of them are big, strong, smart, or skilled enough to hang with other varsity teams (although fivecoait would tell you he could). someone tell me where wellspring is. the david one

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Contact! Today is the first day of full pads and contact. I think the players are "chomping at the bit" to get hitting. The only real change is Ellenwood will probably not be at linebacker since he's playing QB. Arbuckle will begin contact as the weak side linebacker. Ellenwood may play some FS on defense but that remains to be seen.

Lemon tweaked his knee and will be out for a few days. Nothing serious, but he will likely miss the Caldwell scrimmage.

I talked with a coach between practice sessions last night and he said the line is better right now than it was at the end of the season last year. I hope so.

I think the O-line goes something like: 235, 270, 210, 230, 195, 250

So, our line averages a legitimate 230 lbs. this year. Our lightest lineman is Arbuckle at 195 and he can squat a mini-van (well, he can squat a lot!). It does sound promising.

Venham is starting to bounce around the field a bit more. I don't think he'll participate in the Caldwell scrimmage, but I hope he's back for Maysville.
Last edited by warrnwarriorfan on Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

someone got ahold of david wellspring. he said he has been sick all week so hope he gets to feeling better.

C4PITTS
Waterboy

Post by C4PITTS »

So who takes Lemon's spot for the next couple weeks ?? Hoon ?? And what about The senior Weekley ?? Wonder why Wolfe Is moving outside and Pritt to the middle ?? Wolfe's size makes him a better fit in the middle IMO. Is Hilvey getting any reps at Q.B. ? Ellenwood is your tight end if Hilvey can handle the Q.B. duties.

Hope to see the scrimmage this weekend and the adjustments made after.

Go Warriors !!!

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

First night of hitting! It was good to hear the pads popping. The team "looks" good. They are bigger than the last few teams Warren has had. Didn't get to hit until 7:00p though because of the heat.

For the next few days I think they are moving Alfred into Lemon's spot and using the SO Timberman at center. I'm not sure where the linebackers will end up, it's way early. Ellenwood is getting the first string reps at QB so, for the moment, he is not an option at TE.

warriorfootballer
Riding the Bench

i dont see what you guys dont understand about hoon being the tight end. let me say it again. HOON IS A TIGHT END!!! NOT A TACKLE!!! i dont know how many times i have to say that. the scary thing is that timberman might be the starter in the scrimmage. him at center and alfred at tackle. lets hope to god that doesnt happen.

LoveSponge425
Waterboy

Post by LoveSponge425 »

baller,
You must be a relative. Hoon is NOT tightend material. I'm sorry!!! He is one of the biggest players Warren has. He will help the team more at the inside Line. If you can't get the RB to the outside cause to much pressure from the defense, then what good will Hoon be to block on the outside. It's called X's and O's. LOL

warriorfootballer
Riding the Bench

its just that Hoon, at the moment, IS a tight end. whether or not he'd be good at tackle or anywhere else is irrelevant, because he is going to start tight end. until someone decides to move him to tackle, which is very, very unlikely, he is and will continue to be tight end. and besides, he can contribute just as much to run blocking as a tight end that can switch to either side as a sixth lineman. also, hoon is a pretty good receiver for a tight end. he has great hands, and can run decent routes.
Last edited by warriorfootballer on Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C4PITTS
Waterboy

Post by C4PITTS »

Looks like depth on the line continues to be cause for concern for the Warriors. On the other hand the list of "skilled" players, Wolfe, Ellenwood, Pritt, Cox, Venham, Dunfee, Coffman, Hilverding, Arnold, Seth Wellspring (when available) and I'm sure I'm missing a couple others, is quite deep. They all can't play at the same time in their current position's so in striving to keep your BEST 11 on the field and to shore up a thin O-line it just makes sense to move some people around. Wolfe, Ellenwood, Pritt, Cox, and Venham all have the size and smarts to play TE, and the others on my list would perform admirably if called to do so. So don't tell me you don't have anyone else to play TE, they're there, they just don't know it............... ( yet ).

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

C4PITTS: You have a private message.

warriorfootballer
Riding the Bench

well, i guess thats true. although they would probably fight it a little bit. but ive also thought that wolfe would be a good tight end. i think we could better use ellenwood at qb than tight end. but, i still dont think they are gonna switch hoon.
Last edited by warriorfootballer on Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

How did the scrimmage with Caldwell go this morning?

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Warren showed that they have the potential to much improved based on their performance in the scrimmage this morning. Caldwell is a good team, they have good size and somebody said the they had something like 21 seniors. Besides, at this point in his career Mike DeVol doesn't go become the coach of a program if there isn't talent there to work with. The format was 10 plays starting from the opponent's 30. The first teams rotated offense/defense for the first 6 series and Warren scored the only TD and overall drove the ball deeper than Caldwell. Caldwell did score a couple times on Warren's 2nd team. Warren's second team scored once. The Warrior's line play is much, much better this year. The offense was crisp. No fumbles, no busted plays. Coffman and Dunfee were excellent in the backfield. Yes, Coffman. He was a very pleasant surprise, running north and south and gaining yards after contact. Ellenwood completed about 50% of his passes and showed potential. He still needs more experience under pressure but for the most part made good decisions. He threw 1 pick. The Warrior defense is very, very solid. Wolfe will have a big year at LB and made several nice plays. The D-line did put pressure on Caldwell's QB. Each of the D-linemen (Alfred, Hoon, Weekly & Fulton) made plays. Wolfe had a nice pick.

Overall they have "enough" size and are quick.

It was the best start to a season that I have observed in several years.

Everyone note that Warren's scrimmage with Maysville will be on FRIDAY evening, not Saturday.

90goldeneagle
JV Team

Post by 90goldeneagle »

Is the scrimmage with Maysville at home?

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

The Maysville scrimmage is at Warren.

Lemon is getting healthy and Venham is practicing, so if there are no more injuries Warren will be at full strength for Maysville on Friday. There are still a couple players dinged-up. Singer (JR) had a finger stepped on in the scrimmage and Lane (FR) is on crutches. Not sure of the extent of these injuries. Good practice last night, the coaches spent a lot of time going over the Caldwell film and correcting errors in practice. The coaches do seem to have it together this year.
Last edited by warrnwarriorfan on Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigBlueinsider
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlueinsider »

warrnwarrior...mayle is not playin. i dont know who you are thinking of.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

I thought the kid who had his finger stepped on in the scrimmage was Mayle. Who is it? Sorry for the mix-up.

MariettaPride21
S

Post by MariettaPride21 »

warrnwarriorfan wrote:First night of hitting! It was good to hear the pads popping. The team "looks" good. They are bigger than the last few teams Warren has had. Didn't get to hit until 7:00p though because of the heat.

For the next few days I think they are moving Alfred into Lemon's spot and using the SO Timberman at center. I'm not sure where the linebackers will end up, it's way early. Ellenwood is getting the first string reps at QB so, for the moment, he is not an option at TE.

so your trying to say you delayed hitting because it was to hot?

Return to “Football”