WK: 11 #6 Minford (7-3) @ #3 Wheelersburg (7-3)

14U
S

Re: WK: 11 #6 Minford (7-3) @ #3 Wheelersburg (7-3)

Post by 14U »

Amicis_Addict wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:12 am Just as an outsider looking in (and the fact if wood beats Portsmouth we get the winner of this game) I will put in my thoughts. Obviously haven’t seen either team play live but have seen some highlights from both teams. 21-20 OT win for Wheelersburg at Minford almost a month and a half ago. Burg seemed to have the stronger finish while
Minford kind of fell off. All signs seem to point to a burg route at home. I played in the 2010 Wood/Burg game and Wheelersburg always seems to have a true home field advantage in the playoffs. Great atmosphere. However it is very hard to beat a good team twice in one year, especially after the first game was so close and I’m sure emotional. I’m sure the falcons will have a great week of practice and will not forget what happened 6 weeks ago. Looking forward to the matchup with either team in week 12 if we make it! As for a prediction.....

Burg 31
Minford 27
I know burg has played ridgewood 2-3 times. Do you have the years and scores of those? Thanks.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

14U wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:09 pm
Amicis_Addict wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:12 am Just as an outsider looking in (and the fact if wood beats Portsmouth we get the winner of this game) I will put in my thoughts. Obviously haven’t seen either team play live but have seen some highlights from both teams. 21-20 OT win for Wheelersburg at Minford almost a month and a half ago. Burg seemed to have the stronger finish while
Minford kind of fell off. All signs seem to point to a burg route at home. I played in the 2010 Wood/Burg game and Wheelersburg always seems to have a true home field advantage in the playoffs. Great atmosphere. However it is very hard to beat a good team twice in one year, especially after the first game was so close and I’m sure emotional. I’m sure the falcons will have a great week of practice and will not forget what happened 6 weeks ago. Looking forward to the matchup with either team in week 12 if we make it! As for a prediction.....

Burg 31
Minford 27
I know burg has played ridgewood 2-3 times. Do you have the years and scores of those? Thanks.
2016 burg 37-6
2015 burg 43-21
2010 burg 21-12

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

How has the play calling and staff worked together the past 2 weeks?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

14U wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:08 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:38 am Syyoung = Vladimir
Sounds about right because there has not been very much from him lately!! If ur going with two names like many do, don’t start up now or have it off waterboy status. During it was Vladimir, bleeding red and BondRoadbandit. They have fallen off the charts since hearing about rematch of this game. Good call
Nope sorry fellas, 100% that absolutely is not me; and for the record, I only have one screen name on here. My guess SyYoung is also a baseball fan, which I'm not.

I had what I had to say at the beginning of the thread, and we'll see which Minford team shows up on Saturday night.

Also, I would never say Minford matched up bad with Oak Hill and that's why they got beat. That's nonsense! Oak Hill came to play that night and Minford stunk up the field. The Falcons were not mentally focused and got beat, and that's why a team has to prepare for every opponent each week. No excuses, it's as simple as that.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:40 pm

Burg 31
Minford 27
2016 burg 37-6
2015 burg 43-21
2010 burg 21-12
Also played in 2007.. burg also won that one 21-13. 3 games at burg and one at neutral sight in Logan. Last two matchups burg just plain as day had the better team. I would like to see burg make the trip up here sometime but you guys are too good at getting home games 😂

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Sounds about right because there has not been very much from him lately!! If ur going with two names like many do, don’t start up now or have it off waterboy status. During it was Vladimir, bleeding red and BondRoadbandit. They have fallen off the charts since hearing about rematch of this game. Good call
Actually this is my first time being back on the site since i have been working out of state working 7 12s lol some of us have lives outside seops. As for the game no prediction just like I did for the first one. Two talented teams playing in the playoffs is what you ask for as a football player should be a good one hopefully I can make it back into town.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

No kidding that some of us have a life outside of this and have to work. I've been out on the road myself down in Asheville, NC expecting to be back Saturday afternoon for the game.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Burg 31
Minford 27
2016 burg 37-6
2015 burg 43-21
2010 burg 21-12
I don’t think Ridgewood is the same team that burg used to play. I remember listening on the radio and Ridgewood ran every play. They are a spread team now that can sling the ball. Should be a fun game if both teams happen to face each other.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
14U
S

Post by 14U »

vladimir wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:56 pm No kidding that some of us have a life outside of this and have to work. I've been out on the road myself down in Asheville, NC expecting to be back Saturday afternoon for the game.
You were eating this site up before last game, then taking up for them after! If ur on the road, u can’t text and drive buddy!! Lol. Is that your other side that left?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:50 pm
Actually this is my first time being back on the site since i have been working out of state working 7 12s lol some of us have lives outside seops. As for the game no prediction just like I did for the first one. Two talented teams playing in the playoffs is what you ask for as a football player should be a good one hopefully I can make it back into town.
I like fishing does that count? ;)

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Burg 31
Minford 27
2016 burg 37-6
2015 burg 43-21
2010 burg 21-12
Thanks, I think they played at Logan or Lancaster? That would be 4, wow all in playoffs? They spread it out more but play smaller Schools. They are still tough, watched a few game and the teams were small player wise.
Last edited by 14U on Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

vladimir wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:56 pm No kidding that some of us have a life outside of this and have to work. I've been out on the road myself down in Asheville, NC expecting to be back Saturday afternoon for the game.
We’ll talk later got to go to practice

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

14U wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:35 pm
You were eating this site up before last game, then taking up for them after! If ur on the road, u can’t text and drive buddy!! Lol. Is that your other side that left?
Not driving I'm in NC now, but I appreciate your concern.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:44 pm
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:31 pm Minford has one of the best defenses I've seen this year. They are a very good tackling team. I can't see pirates scoring more than 21 in this game. If Minford can score 3 touchdowns in this game i think they can pull the upset. It's about matchups and Minford matches up very well with burg. Burg fans seem to be more focused on the ironton rematch than Minford and it could come back to bite them.
Really?? They averaged giving up right at 20 a game and that's because they shutout valley in week 10. 6 of their games they gave up 21 or more.

I based that off the Waverly game. Minford tackled really well. They played good defense against the Tigers. I don't understand what happened to them in the Oak Hill game. I do think Pirates will win, i just wouldn't be surprised if Minford pulled the upset.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:23 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:42 pm
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:31 pm Minford has one of the best defenses I've seen this year. They are a very good tackling team. I can't see pirates scoring more than 21 in this game. If Minford can score 3 touchdowns in this game i think they can pull the upset. It's about matchups and Minford matches up very well with burg. Burg fans seem to be more focused on the ironton rematch than Minford and it could come back to bite them.
Well I guess it’s a good thing the fans aren’t the ones playing. 🙄

Burg’s team and coaches are not overlooking Minford at all. They have been focused solely on the Falcons this week.
Will Burg be getting a disguised guy with a mic and press badge for the visitors sideline or do they save that for week 12?
:lol: :lol:

Minford does match up well. I believe had Mathews not stripped Wiget on the long run at the beginning of the last matchup, that game goes a different direction. Same could be said with the Minford db not timing the pick correctly for Burgs big score. Both teams made plays and Burg was a 2 pt conversion from taking a loss. So Burg fans might not want to thump their chests too hard right now.

Should be a good game as long as Minfords HC opens up the offense and doesnt go into conservative....play not to lose mode.

Nah!!! They only use that for the REALLY good teams they play!!! :o :o :o :o

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Syyoung----I did not quote you saying anything. Your fan base on this site have on numerous occasions for several years posted as I previously described. They over-hype the team week 1-5 and when they get in league play the performance doesn't measure up. It then becomes the 12th man(refs), matchup, coaching or whatever excuse other than their initial assessment was wrong. Meaning the team played a soft schedule and was not challenged until league play.

The team can prove everyone wrong on Saturday. I don't have a dawg in the hunt, other than being a fan of the kids playing the game and the teams from the area come playoff time. Burgs week 1-5 schedule was the toughest in the region and thus prepared them better for a playoff run. IMO

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I think having #6 at qb with some games under his belt is the difference this time around. I honestly don’t see this game being within 3 scores.

syyoung
Waterboy

Post by syyoung »

FIDO wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:46 pm Syyoung----I did not quote you saying anything. Your fan base on this site have on numerous occasions for several years posted as I previously described. They over-hype the team week 1-5 and when they get in league play the performance doesn't measure up. It then becomes the 12th man(refs), matchup, coaching or whatever excuse other than their initial assessment was wrong. Meaning the team played a soft schedule and was not challenged until league play.

The team can prove everyone wrong on Saturday. I don't have a dawg in the hunt, other than being a fan of the kids playing the game and the teams from the area come playoff time. Burgs week 1-5 schedule was the toughest in the region and thus prepared them better for a playoff run. IMO
I feel like I need to reply one more time just to clarify a few things. I didn't mean to imply you were referring to me, and I haven't followed the forums closely enough the past several years to see what fans have been saying. Definitely there have been some years where scheduling outside conference was weaker than I'd like to see. Hopefully over time that improves, because I think playing a stronger schedule earlier in the season is a great way to prepare a team for the main games that count in conference and playoffs toward the end.

By the way, I'm not Vladimir. I've used this forum to follow scores for a number of years now, but typically I don't get on here and post. I just felt compelled to chime in my opinion on this matchup and the season to this point. Obviously, there are a number of people that disagree with my opinion on things, and I respect that. I'm definitely not saying anybody else's opinion on what happened in the Oak Hill game is wrong either. I have my opinion, and certainly respect the others. Vlad, I was a baseball fan many years ago. My first and last initials were SY and Young is my last name, so I put that together in respect to the winning-est pitcher in baseball history, with an alteration on the spelling of the first part of course.

Looking forward to Saturday night's game! Most important thing I'm hoping for is that both teams can survive this game injury free. Wheelersburg gets in this position all the time, but this is rare territory for Minford, and I hope they take advantage of it.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Go burg.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

syyoung wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:55 pm
FIDO wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:46 pm Syyoung----I did not quote you saying anything. Your fan base on this site have on numerous occasions for several years posted as I previously described. They over-hype the team week 1-5 and when they get in league play the performance doesn't measure up. It then becomes the 12th man(refs), matchup, coaching or whatever excuse other than their initial assessment was wrong. Meaning the team played a soft schedule and was not challenged until league play.

I feel like I need to reply one more time just to clarify a few things. I didn't mean to imply you were referring to me, and I haven't followed the forums closely enough the past several years to see what fans have been saying. Definitely there have been some years where scheduling outside conference was weaker than I'd like to see. Hopefully over time that improves, because I think playing a stronger schedule earlier in the season is a great way to prepare a team for the main games that count in conference and playoffs toward the end.

By the way, I'm not Vladimir. I've used this forum to follow scores for a number of years now, but typically I don't get on here and post. I just felt compelled to chime in my opinion on this matchup and the season to this point. Obviously, there are a number of people that disagree with my opinion on things, and I respect that. I'm definitely not saying anybody else's opinion on what happened in the Oak Hill game is wrong either. I have my opinion, and certainly respect the others. Vlad, I was a baseball fan many years ago. My first and last initials were SY and Young is my last name, so I put that together in respect to the winning-est pitcher in baseball history, with an alteration on the spelling of the first part of course.

Looking forward to Saturday night's game! Most important thing, I'm hoping for is that both teams can survive this game injury free. Wheelersburg gets in this position all the time, but this is rare territory for Minford, and I hope they take advantage of it.
Welcome to SEOPs

Return to “Football”