Wheelersburg 42 McNicholas 35 2022

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Re: Burg vs Archbishop

Post by THEEE_GAME »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:35 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:16 pm
RiverBallFan1 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:00 pm

I don’t understand throwing stats around and saying no passing game, having a lot of penalties, losing the game and still believing Burg is a better team.

And please know this, I’m a Burg fan! I hope they rebound and get a passing game, stop having penalties and find an identity.
Neither team played their best and I think total yards were almost dead even. That said I think Ironton has a more explosive and diverse offense. If both teams were perfect, I think Ironton is a couple touchdowns better everyday. Just too much speed and talent.
That may be true, but the stats from Friday’s game does not show that.
I agree. It doesn't. Week 1 is hard to get a real good read in my opinion. However the eye test man, Ironton looked like a division or so higher on the field athletically and that's where I am drawing from. If both teams clicked on all cylinders to me it looks like Ironton just has better horses.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:08 pm
Neither team played their best and I think total yards were almost dead even. That said I think Ironton has a more explosive and diverse offense. If both teams were perfect, I think Ironton is a couple touchdowns better everyday. Just too much speed and talent.
I agree. It doesn't. Week 1 is hard to get a real good read in my opinion. However the eye test man, Ironton looked like a division or so higher on the field athletically and that's where I am drawing from. If both teams clicked on all cylinders to me it looks like Ironton just has better horses.
No doubt about that. It looked like men playing against boys.

Same was true in the playoffs last year. Ironton had a personnel advantage along the lines and with the skilled kids; Burgs only advantage was the kicker. Yet Burg still won; frankly, a game Ironton had no business losing. Now in that game, Ironton made the most mistakes, mostly due to poor play calling. Still can’t believe Ironton passed the ball so many times.

But this year, Burg hung well with them despite making more mistakes. So if Burg could have cut their penalties in half (to align with Ironton’s numbers), Burg may have pulled off the win.

As for Ironton, mistakes were not their problem in this game, play calling was the issue (same as the playoff game last year). No idea what their game plan was or where the coaches were taking the team. Seemed like they were going with “our athletes will eventually make a play” approach to offense.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:42 pm

No doubt about that. It looked like men playing against boys.

Same was true in the playoffs last year. Ironton had a personnel advantage along the lines and with the skilled kids; Burgs only advantage was the kicker. Yet Burg still won; frankly, a game Ironton had no business losing. Now in that game, Ironton made the most mistakes, mostly due to poor play calling. Still can’t believe Ironton passed the ball so many times.

But this year, Burg hung well with them despite making more mistakes. So if Burg could have cut their penalties in half (to align with Ironton’s numbers), Burg may have pulled off the win.

As for Ironton, mistakes were not their problem in this game, play calling was the issue (same as the playoff game last year). No idea what their game plan was or where the coaches were taking the team. Seemed like they were going with “our athletes will eventually make a play” approach to offense.
I agree with that.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

This game tomorrow night will really show us just how good Burg is going to be. If they can play well on the road and possibly get the win that would be a huge jumpstart to them.

Last weeks game proved they can play with anyone IMO!!!

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

this is so encouraging to me as an Irontin fan. Just three short years ago Burg was the cock of the walk in southern ohio and now after a loss to ironton, the burg is encouraged because Ironton was just so much more talented. I appreciate the honesty from this Seops poster. I happen to agree. Much like 1972-1988, Ironton is the dominant force in southern Ohio. Once we got through some necessary changes, We are
back on top. Great and honest post

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Paulcrew wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:44 pm

this is so encouraging to me as an Irontin fan. Just three short years ago Burg was the cock of the walk in southern ohio and now after a loss to ironton, the burg is encouraged because Ironton was just so much more talented. I appreciate the honesty from this Seops poster. I happen to agree. Much like 1972-1988, Ironton is the dominant force in southern Ohio. Once we got through some necessary changes, We are
And I think what has been lost in the talk of the atheletes is Ironton has also put together a young very elite coaching staff who is not very far removed from competing at a very high and MODERN ( key word) level. Irontons program is only going to grow from here and yes, the transfer portal or whatever anyone wants to call it, is not going to slow down for a program like that. Burg is most def gonna have to level up to keep up. No shade.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:09 pm
Paulcrew wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:44 pm

And I think what has been lost in the talk of the atheletes is Ironton has also put together a young very elite coaching staff who is not very far removed from competing at a very high and MODERN ( key word) level. Irontons program is only going to grow from here and yes, the transfer portal or whatever anyone wants to call it, is not going to slow down for a program like that. Burg is most def gonna have to level up to keep up. No shade.
Their offensive play calling has not been at a high or modern level.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

I think Burg has trouble stopping their qb. Hes big and can make plays. Should be a close one though.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Does Burgfan not announce the football games anymore?

Mohawks89
Waterboy

Post by Mohawks89 »

Good luck Burg, bring home the win !

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I heard BurgFan will be there

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Yes, Burgfan posting on the Facebook they will be there.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Go BURG

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Good luck to the Pirates tonight from Waverly

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I think Burg lines up and hits McNick in the mouth tonight. Jones will be more comfortable and hit some passes, and Glover/Lattimore/Darling keep the clock ticking behind the offensive line. Burg players have already played a tough, 4-quarter game last week...how will McNick players respond late 3rd/4th quarter in a tight game? I'll say Burg wins 20-17.*

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Burg.

Itowntiger89
Waterboy

Post by Itowntiger89 »

Burg will get blow out. Mcnick Jumps out to a fast start and jumps on burg early ima say 38-7 at the half

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Best of luck Pirates!

WWE HALL OF FAME
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

If burg rotates Rucker in the line up the can and will most likely win this game.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Burg scored on their first drive to go up 7-0. McNick ran the KO to the Burg 20 and scored quickly to tie it at 7 each.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"

Return to “Football”