Wheelersburg 42 McNicholas 35 2022

FIDO
S

Re: Burg vs Archbishop

Post by FIDO »

Unless the catholics light it up thru the air, the Burgs defense showed they can shut down multiple D1 players. Woodard's teams get better, in season, always. It is what makes him a good coach. They figure it out. No prediction but i wouldnt be surprised if the Burg bounces back

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Burg loses another one.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Keeping an eye on this one. How good is Burg this year?

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

anyone know why this isn't being played on Saturday? Always tough to get up for school at 6:30am, go to class for a few hours then take a 2 hour bus ride to play a football game. Is McNicholas coming this way next season?

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

RelaxGoat wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:50 am Keeping an eye on this one. How good is Burg this year?
D looked really good vs Ironton, best I've seen them tackle in week 1 since the State year. Offense can run the ball, but there was absolutely NO THREAT of the pass week 1. Can't imagine Burg beating a bigger school, or anyone on their non-conference schedule for that matter, without somewhat of a passing attack.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:04 pm
RiverBallFan1 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:01 pm Archbishop is the real deal, both sides of the ball. Rug held Ironton to 12 with help from Ironton. Burg can’t throw the ball and their running game is average at best. Get this one out of the way and focus on week 3.
How did they help burg?

I think people are going to be surprised by the outcome on this one.
How did they help? Penalties!! Too many delay of games and time outs to avoid delay of games! That’s a lot of help! If you think Ironton played flawless and Burg kept it close….well, I’ll have to disagree! Good luck against Jackson, should be a good game!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Just saw tickets are $10. Highest I've since for a regular season game. Also saw where it said they take cash only. No credit cards

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

For those going to the game and looking for a place to eat, try The Turf Club. It’s a burger joint about 4 miles from the stadium.

Awesome burgers! Was once featured on the show Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.

https://foursquare.com/top-places/cinci ... es-burgers

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:57 am
RiverBallFan1 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:01 pm Archbishop is the real deal, both sides of the ball. Rug held Ironton to 12 with help from Ironton. Burg can’t throw the ball and their running game is average at best. Get this one out of the way and focus on week 3.
How did they help burg?

How did they help? Penalties!! Too many delay of games and time outs to avoid delay of games! That’s a lot of help! If you think Ironton played flawless and Burg kept it close….well, I’ll have to disagree! Good luck against Jackson, should be a good game!
I’m confused. Are you saying Ironton would have beat burg way worse if they didn’t hurt themselves?

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:33 am For those going to the game and looking for a place to eat, try The Turf Club. It’s a burger joint about 4 miles from the stadium.

Awesome burgers! Was once featured on the show Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.

https://foursquare.com/top-places/cinci ... es-burgers
Awesome Thanks for the INFO the wife and I try to visit DDD spots when we travel... been to over 20 spots so far

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:43 am

How did they help burg?

I’m confused. Are you saying Ironton would have beat burg way worse if they didn’t hurt themselves?
I am!

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:03 pm

I am!
Between the two teams, Burg made the most mistakes. Turnovers were even but Burg doubled Ironton in penalties.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I am!
We definitely will have to disagree. Burg had 10 penalties for 66 yards compared to Ironton 5 for 35. Also burg was playing offensively pretty much one dimensional with no passing game and still had more total yards than Ironton. If anything, burg hurt themselves from winning the game.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:14 pm

I am!
We definitely will have to disagree. Burg had 10 penalties for 66 yards compared to Ironton 5 for 35. Also burg was playing offensively pretty much one dimensional with no passing game and still had more total yards than Ironton. If anything, burg hurt themselves from winning the game.
I don’t understand throwing stats around and saying no passing game, having a lot of penalties, losing the game and still believing Burg is a better team.

And please know this, I’m a Burg fan! I hope they rebound and get a passing game, stop having penalties and find an identity.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:00 pm

I am!
I don’t understand throwing stats around and saying no passing game, having a lot of penalties, losing the game and still believing Burg is a better team.

And please know this, I’m a Burg fan! I hope they rebound and get a passing game, stop having penalties and find an identity.
I never said they were the better team, but I can’t say they aren’t either, as you suggested. Especially using your reasoning, considering the numbers

When the final score is 12-3 with a late score. Both teams in my opinion are very close.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

I am!

This has nothing to do with which team is better. It’s about which team hurt themselves more.

According to you, if Ironton hadn’t hurt themselves, the outcome would have been worse.

But based on the stats, if both teams would have played clean games (no turnovers, penalties) then Burg would have benefited far more than Ironton given that Burg hurt themselves more with penalties (twice as many to be exact).

Ironton actually benefitted the most in this game due to team mistakes that were made.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

I am!

Neither team played their best and I think total yards were almost dead even. That said I think Ironton has a more explosive and diverse offense. If both teams were perfect, I think Ironton is a couple touchdowns better everyday. Just too much speed and talent.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:16 pm

Neither team played their best and I think total yards were almost dead even. That said I think Ironton has a more explosive and diverse offense. If both teams were perfect, I think Ironton is a couple touchdowns better everyday. Just too much speed and talent.
Although I disagree with you as far as Ironton being a two touchdown favorite, your opinion is better presented. Riverball was trying to use sloppy play by Ironton is the reason burg was in the game. When it was quite the contrary

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

wobycat wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:23 pm

Although I disagree with you as far as Ironton being a two touchdown favorite, your opinion is better presented. Riverball was trying to use sloppy play by Ironton is the reason burg was in the game. When it was quite the contrary
I agree with you there. Burg was in it because they ran the ball pretty well and played pretty good defense.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

That may be true, but the stats from Friday’s game does not show that.

Return to “Football”