Riding the Bench

Re: Waverly 49 Minford 24 2022

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

Is there an update on Mason pollard

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverlyintheday wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:32 am What a good game for the Tigers. Kelley looks like veteran Qb and Hurd had a great game running the ball. Player of the game has to be Hudson Kelley. 3 total Td’s and a lot of tackles, crazy how we have been saying get the ball in his hands more and they do and what a great game he had. Mason Kelley with hit of the day taking out the ref. Surprise player #3, wow he is tall and can run and catch, no linebacker can gaurd him. Wyatt Crabtreewith huge defensive night and great awareness on extra point attempt. Great hands and great job by #13 to get up and throw it.
Can’t wait to see the stats Sosa had them all wrong. The news watchman had them right.
Also who ever was complying at end of half the play was right in front of me he wasn’t even close to going out of bounds the reds got that one right
As for when they measured for first time that ref must of never done it before you mark it on yard 45 or 50 not 48 yard mark then dropped the chain even when he was doing it
He cheated straight up and it was obvious not that the first down even mattered but it was blatant he should be held accountable
Stats are coming…
Agree on the play before the half. Refs signaled to stop the clock because of the first down, not because he was out of bounds. Once chains are set ref starts the clock, it’s not on the snap.
The measure for first down was a complete joke. I was saying that the entire time he was doing it. He had absolutely no idea where to place it once he was on the field because he didn’t use the 45 or 50.

Big Mac Stick of the Game goes to Q Hurd….

baller
Waterboy

Post by baller »

Watch Gridiron glory video on Facebook the Int the ball was laying on the ground was not a pick and ref standing right there. Cheating they are always bad there these videos need sent to OHSAA

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Re: WK9 Minford - Waverly

Post by Tigernation2021 »

tigercat74 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:31 am
Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:09 pm
Waverlyintheday wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:32 pm Is there any truth that Waverly is talking about joining the FAC league. I for one hope not but have herd it one to many times lately.
I haven't heard any talks on this and honestly I'm not sure there's any benefit for Waverly to join FAC. We would be adding to our drive times across the board, Waverly and Jackson used to play every year and haven't for quite sometime now. I also think with Crabtree's future up in the air right now I don't see that move being made.
Why is Crabtree's future up in the air? Is he looking to move on or are they not happy with him? Thanks in advance.
Yeah just not sure with Wyatt graduating if he’ll continue sort of like Robertson in basketball once Trey was done he wanted to watch him in college.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Tiger Dad 2021 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:00 pm Is there an update on Mason pollard
I was told earlier today everything seems ok just sore.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

baller wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:12 pm Watch Gridiron glory video on Facebook the Int the ball was laying on the ground was not a pick and ref standing right there. Cheating they are always bad there these videos need sent to OHSAA
Yeah had several text saying that wasn’t an interception ball was laying on the ground. Minford has nothing to complain about Pica was aloud to lean forward before the snap all night, WR moved before a catch he made on 3rd and 10. The catch at the end of the half the way I seen it and not sure how they viewed it but I just thought his knee and legs came down in bounds and top half fell out of bounds. Again not sure how he was calling it and I haven’t seen video just my speculation as to how they came up with that.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Stats won't be available until Monday but both teams had 483 or 484 total yards.
1st downs were nearly the same as were total plays.
Waverly was 3-3 on 4th down (HUGE) while Minford was 1-4. Waverly was 7-12 on 3rd down while Minford was 5-13.

Many of Waverly's drives began near midfield which cut down on total yardage. Never really understood Minford kicking those short kicks that Waverly returned to the 45 or so. Waverly DEFENSE stuffing the fake punt was big as well - gave Waverly offense a short field.

Jase Hurd was 26 or 27 carries for 188 Yards
Payton Harris 8 for 41.

Mason Kelly was 14-23 for 246 yards and 4 TD's (1 INT - so they say)

Kody Swords 6 receptions for 90 yards and 2 TD's
Hudson Kelly 4 receptions for 90 yards and 2 TD's
Mason Sparks 2 receptions for 41 yards
Tanner Nichols 1 reception for 17 yards
Wyatt Crabtree 1 reception for 9 yards (and a 2 point conversion catch)

HOPE TO HAVE FULL STATS MONDAY

bucs40
Freshman Team

Post by bucs40 »

Well thats pretty classless bragging about some1 taking out a official, if u now so much about the rules grow a pair and take the class, get on the field and c how well u do!!!!!

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

^^^^^THIS!!!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Waverlyintheday wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:32 am What a good game for the Tigers. Kelley looks like veteran Qb and Hurd had a great game running the ball. Player of the game has to be Hudson Kelley. 3 total Td’s and a lot of tackles, crazy how we have been saying get the ball in his hands more and they do and what a great game he had. Mason Kelley with hit of the day taking out the ref. Surprise player #3, wow he is tall and can run and catch, no linebacker can gaurd him. Wyatt Crabtreewith huge defensive night and great awareness on extra point attempt. Great hands and great job by #13 to get up and throw it.
Can’t wait to see the stats Sosa had them all wrong. The news watchman had them right.
Also who ever was complying at end of half the play was right in front of me he wasn’t even close to going out of bounds the reds got that one right
As for when they measured for first time that ref must of never done it before you mark it on yard 45 or 50 not 48 yard mark then dropped the chain even when he was doing it
He cheated straight up and it was obvious not that the first down even mattered but it was blatant he should be held accountable
No offense as it seems like you follow your team very closely and are a fan. However, DON'T ever be that person when you talk about a player with the hit of the night taking out a ref. That's so uncalled for and childish, we have such a shortage of officials most are older gentlemen anyways and if some hit took one out that's not something to talk up. I don't care if you felt the ref hosed you all night you, don't lower yourself to that level ever.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

baller wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:12 pm Watch Gridiron glory video on Facebook the Int the ball was laying on the ground was not a pick and ref standing right there. Cheating they are always bad there these videos need sent to OHSAA
Go ahead and send them ! You need your eye`s checked ! And then, show them the one right before half time where the ball WAS out of bounds, but was ruled in play ! I have seen the films !!

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:38 pm
Yeah had several text saying that wasn’t an interception ball was laying on the ground. Minford has nothing to complain about Pica was aloud to lean forward before the snap all night, WR moved before a catch he made on 3rd and 10. The catch at the end of the half the way I seen it and not sure how they viewed it but I just thought his knee and legs came down in bounds and top half fell out of bounds. Again not sure how he was calling it and I haven’t seen video just my speculation as to how they came up with that.
Didn`t see any place on here Minford was complaining.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

falcon1 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:23 am
Tigernation2021 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:38 pm
Didn`t see any place on here Minford was complaining.
Did you really just say this while complaining in the post above?? Now that’s funny.

baller
Waterboy

Post by baller »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:00 pm
No offense as it seems like you follow your team very closely and are a fan. However, DON'T ever be that person when you talk about a player with the hit of the night taking out a ref. That's so uncalled for and childish, we have such a shortage of officials most are older gentlemen anyways and if some hit took one out that's not something to talk up. I don't care if you felt the ref hosed you all night you, don't lower yourself to that level ever.
No one made fun of a official it was a joke like the Qb got big hit
It was a accident and saw Qb checking on Ref after the game
You just took his comment out of context

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

baller wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:31 pm
On here is just like a texting, you can't just write the words out and think someone would know. Plus, I don't believe it was taken out of context one you didn't write it but if you look at the rest of what was wrote the user was complaining about the refs and even claiming he straight up cheated. I think the context was taken as it should've been, uncalled for.

Waverlyintheday
Waterboy

Post by Waverlyintheday »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:19 pm

On here is just like a texting, you can't just write the words out and think someone would know. Plus, I don't believe it was taken out of context one you didn't write it but if you look at the rest of what was wrote the user was complaining about the refs and even claiming he straight up cheated. I think the context was taken as it should've been, uncalled for.
It was a joke. And I will say what I want I don't get on your post and call people names and childish. You are wrong and took it out of context.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Waverlyintheday wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:30 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:19 pm

It was a joke. And I will say what I want I don't get on your post and call people names and childish. You are wrong and took it out of context.
Oh never said you couldn't say what you wanted, but when you post that just understand how it came across and I wasn't the only one thinking it as you can see from the other post. I will also say whatever I want as well especially when someone post something like that, you were wrong for even putting it out there.

allaboutsports
Riding the Bench

Post by allaboutsports »

It was taken out of context I for one never thought of it that way either. The ref himself was joking about that after the game that he was trying to get out of the way. Wasn't the Qb fault at all and I saw him and his parents over after the game talking to the ref and checking on him. Waverlyintheday was joking and sure didn't bother me one bit with your comments.

tigers17
Waterboy

Post by tigers17 »

falcon1 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:21 am
Go ahead and send them ! You need your eye`s checked ! And then, show them the one right before half time where the ball WAS out of bounds, but was ruled in play ! I have seen the films !!
why do you end all your sentences with an exclamation point

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Sorry it took so long but here are the official stats:

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score

----------------- -- -- -- -- -----

Waverly Tigers...... 8 14 20 7 - 49

Minford Falcons..... 7 10 7 0 - 24

Scoring Summary:

1st 09:57 MINFORD - Jeffery Pica 62 yd run (M Montgomery kick)

4 plays, 79 yards, TOP 1:53, WAVERLY 0 - MINFORD 7

04:29 WAVERLY - Hudson Kelly 1 yd run (Wyatt Crabtree pass from Jamison Morton)

12 plays, 68 yards, TOP 3:20, WAVERLY 8 - MINFORD 7

2nd 11:12 MINFORD - M Montgomery 27 yd field goal

14 plays, 70 yards, TOP 5:17, WAVERLY 8 - MINFORD 10

10:25 WAVERLY - Jase Hurd 63 yd run (Hunter Hauck kick)

2 plays, 64 yards, TOP 0:38, WAVERLY 15 - MINFORD 10

05:25 WAVERLY - Hudson Kelly 15 yd pass from Mason Kelly (Hunter Hauck kick)

9 plays, 41 yards, TOP 2:18, WAVERLY 22 - MINFORD 10

02:55 MINFORD - Jeffery Pica 56 yd run (M Montgomery kick)

1 play, 56 yards, TOP 0:10, WAVERLY 22 - MINFORD 17

3rd 09:55 WAVERLY - Hudson Kelly 50 yd pass from Mason Kelly (Hunter Hauck kick failed)

5 plays, 62 yards, TOP 2:00, WAVERLY 28 - MINFORD 17

07:43 WAVERLY - Kody Swords 46 yd pass from Mason Kelly (Hunter Hauck kick)

2 plays, 51 yards, TOP 0:33, WAVERLY 35 - MINFORD 17

04:54 MINFORD - Bennett Kayser 4 yd pass from Peyton Caudill (M Montgomery kick)

10 plays, 80 yards, TOP 2:49, WAVERLY 35 - MINFORD 24

02:24 WAVERLY - Jase Hurd 3 yd run (Hunter Hauck kick)

10 plays, 56 yards, TOP 2:23, WAVERLY 42 - MINFORD 24

4th 08:36 WAVERLY - Kody Swords 1 yd pass from Mason Kelly (Hunter Hauck kick)

9 plays, 73 yards, TOP 3:24, WAVERLY 49 - MINFORD 24

Return to “Football”