August 18, 2023 Ironton 17 - 14 Wheelersburg

TomUnessa
Riding the Bench

Re: Wheelersburg @ Ironton Week 1

Post by TomUnessa »

wobycat wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:02 pm
TomUnessa wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:46 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:29 pm

The offensive line is the one phase of this years team that needs coached up but I think they have tremendous upside. They are going to have growing pains as they replace three good lineman from last year but they are big and have good footwork
They will have to have a significant improvement since last weeks scrimmage. I know it’s only a scrimmage but they looked kinda confused and Raceland got a lot of pressure to Rucker. Burg also had a lot of trouble running ball with exception of 1st play from scrimmage. That’s what worries me- Raceland isn’t Ironton. How did they look in scrimmage vs London? Better, worse, same??
About the same, Raceland defense was really good and better than London. To be determined on Ironton defense but when you go watch film, there were some mistakes on where to step. But I still believe these guys are going to be a good line.
That’s good to hear Woby. Thanks for the response and input. 👍

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:23 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:02 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:08 pm

I don’t believe that .

Really!!! You think they make it all the way to the title game last year without Keyes, Felder and Perkins??? Pendleton saw the writing on the wall his first year and saw the talent pool was thin in the lower grades so he went out and brought in players already coached up to help him win. He then went and proved even with the superior talent he brought in he still couldn't even compete, let alone win the big game.
Where would the Pirates be all of these years if all the kids that live outside the District went to the schools in which the District they lived in? How many kids on your Championship teams fit into that category? How many kids on this years team fit into that category? I know quite a few due to their CB number. So, don’t act like you all haven’t benefited over the years, and this year too. Lol
In 1989, Burg had closed borders. None of those kids were from outside the district. The entire senior class was composed of kids that went to Burg k-12. Result? A state championship!

But what about now? If Burg closed their borders, these border families would move inside the district. Why? Because having Burg as a school option is the reason most bought a border house in the first place. They had no intention of sending their kids to East, Green, Webster, etc.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I guarantee the athletes aren't focused on the noise being discussed on this board. I'd bet money the coaches are keeping the kids focused on Xs n Os. After the first couple of snaps, the only thing that'll matter is doing your job..jmo

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

FIDO wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:34 pm I guarantee the athletes aren't focused on the noise being discussed on this board. I'd bet money the coaches are keeping the kids focused on Xs n Os. After the first couple of snaps, the only thing that'll matter is doing your job..jmo
I would hope their focus is on the game and not us morons on this site. We’re just a bunch of trash talking fools. LOL!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:47 pm
FIDO wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:34 pm I guarantee the athletes aren't focused on the noise being discussed on this board. I'd bet money the coaches are keeping the kids focused on Xs n Os. After the first couple of snaps, the only thing that'll matter is doing your job..jmo
I would hope their focus is on the game and not us morons on this site. We’re just a bunch of trash talking fools. LOL!!
Hey RBH23, we agree on something, if their focus was on this thread both teams would be in trouble lol.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:47 pm
Yea those kids nor coaches give a 💩 about this site. Lol.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

CrackBack46 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:10 pm Part of being a coach is having an attractive program. Obviously, Ironton is more attractive than Wheelersburg right now.
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:01 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:14 pm Pendleton is just outworking all these old head coaches and he has more juice & they are crazy jealous.

Yeah, with other coaches talent. He isn't winning poop without all the kids he has brought in since he has been there.

FACT
Not only right now, but historically.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

BigSpoon wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:13 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:14 pm Pendleton is just outworking all these old head coaches and he has more juice & they are crazy jealous.

Yeah, with other coaches talent. He isn't winning poop without all the kids he has brought in since he has been there.

FACT
You act like kids don’t transfer to and from all schools! Ironton had kids transfer to CG, Burg and Raceland this year! You dont want to hear that 💩 though…
Blow harder 💨💨💨💨
These OLD SOUR YEEHAWS are WILD JEALOUS because a YOUNG COACH is outworking, outhustling & outperforming all their tired grey head buddies.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:22 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:08 pm

FACT
I don’t believe that .
I have stated on here many times that Ironton’s 2020 team had like 19 or 20 starters that went to Ironton since elementary. Yabba must have been too busy in band class to learn how to read.
"superior burg academics" 👈🤣🤣

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Here's to a clean and injury free game. Fans be safe tonight going to and from game.

Hearditall
Waterboy

Post by Hearditall »

Does anyone know what time the gate opens tonight?

Alumboy
Waterboy

Post by Alumboy »

I've heard from a few sources at burg that ironton is down this year and they're gonna put the beatdown on ole tiger town and that it won't even be close.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

I’d say Patterson will be the most impactful player on the Tigers defense. I’m sure he will double and tripled team on most plays. I’m curious to see if he can still make plays even if that is the case.
wobycat wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:13 pm But back to game.
It looks like the QB is the playmaker for Ironton. Tall athletic and pretty accurate

Who’s leading the tiger defense?

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

CrackBack46 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:07 am I’d say Patterson will be the most impactful player on the Tigers defense. I’m sure he will double and tripled team on most plays. I’m curious to see if he can still make plays even if that is the case.
wobycat wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:13 pm But back to game.
It looks like the QB is the playmaker for Ironton. Tall athletic and pretty accurate

Who’s leading the tiger defense?
Dont underestimate Williams. Led Ironton in tackles last season as a freshman. Kid is 200lbs, FAST, AGGRESSIVE AND NASTY.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Alumboy wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:45 am I've heard from a few sources at burg that ironton is down this year and they're gonna put the beatdown on ole tiger town and that it won't even be close.

Who are ya sources? Surely you can tell. Its not a criminal conspiracy. IM REALLY CURIOUS if real people actually exist on the other side of these SEO "i heard somebody say" stories? 🤣

I think its a passive aggressive way of wanting to say something knowing its false and not have to stand on it. Lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Alumboy wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:45 am I've heard from a few sources at burg that ironton is down this year and they're gonna put the beatdown on ole tiger town and that it won't even be close.
Maybe the die hard fans but the coaches and players know the talent Ironton has.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:26 am
BigSpoon wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:13 pm

FACT
You act like kids don’t transfer to and from all schools! Ironton had kids transfer to CG, Burg and Raceland this year! You dont want to hear that 💩 though…
Blow harder 💨💨💨💨
These OLD SOUR YEEHAWS are WILD JEALOUS because a YOUNG COACH is outworking, outhustling & outperforming all their tired grey head buddies.
darn, Your Harsh.

Grey Hair HAPPENS.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

WOW.

Kick off weather channel predicts:

74•
&
sunny.

#GoTgo

GoTigersGo

GetTheBall
GetTheBall
GetTheBall
GetTheBall
GetTheBall

Good Luck & Health to ALL!!!

Alumboy
Waterboy

Post by Alumboy »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:40 am

Who are ya sources? Surely you can tell. Its not a criminal conspiracy. IM REALLY CURIOUS if real people actually exist on the other side of these SEO "i heard somebody say" stories? 🤣

I think its a passive aggressive way of wanting to say something knowing its false and not have to stand on it. Lol
Buddy did I hurt you feelings? I’m just repeating what I’ve been told. Lol its okay to be the little brother in SEO

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Alumboy wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:12 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:40 am

Buddy did I hurt you feelings? I’m just repeating what I’ve been told. Lol its okay to be the little brother in SEO
I just lol that you seo dudes dont even realize ya tellin on yaselves when you post like that. 🤣 Boy dont NEVER do a crime with these goofs cause #1. They are telling. SUPER TELLING!! Lmao & #2 They are gonna rat on u and themselves and barely even realize it cause in their lil sheltered minds the story sound good. Lol

🛑👈🤣

Return to “Football”