August 18, 2023 Ironton 17 - 14 Wheelersburg

Ironmen98
All State

Re: Wheelersburg @ Ironton Week 1

Post by Ironmen98 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:01 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:14 pm Pendleton is just outworking all these old head coaches and he has more juice & they are crazy jealous.

Yeah, with other coaches talent. He isn't winning poop without all the kids he has brought in since he has been there.

FACT
I don’t believe that .

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

Part of being a coach is having an attractive program. Obviously, Ironton is more attractive than Wheelersburg right now.
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:14 pm Pendleton is just outworking all these old head coaches and he has more juice & they are crazy jealous.

Yeah, with other coaches talent. He isn't winning poop without all the kids he has brought in since he has been there.

FACT

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

FACT
You act like kids don’t transfer to and from all schools! Ironton had kids transfer to CG, Burg and Raceland this year! You dont want to hear that 💩 though…
Blow harder 💨💨💨💨

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:08 pm

FACT
I don’t believe that .
I have stated on here many times that Ironton’s 2020 team had like 19 or 20 starters that went to Ironton since elementary. Yabba must have been too busy in band class to learn how to read.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:22 pm

FACT
I don’t believe that .
I have stated on here many times that Ironton’s 2020 team had like 19 or 20 starters that went to Ironton since elementary. Yabba must have been too busy in band class to learn how to read.
That’s true but you guys did have three kids on that team come from other schools that were a huge part of that team. In fact, outside of carrico, Salyers, Jones , and the big tackle, can’t remember his name were the most important and big time players.
Last edited by wobycat on Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Blitz wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:02 am Burg posters on here keep saying that our line play is a strength this year. I don't know if they are dads or just haven't been to the scrimmages but our O-line has looked pretty rough so far. D-Line I agree is very very good but O-line not so much... hope I'm wrong but I'm not seeing it. If we can't run the ball we won't be able to protect long enough for the QB to be effective. could get ugly pretty quick IMO
The offensive line is the one phase of this years team that needs coached up but I think they have tremendous upside. They are going to have growing pains as they replace three good lineman from last year but they are big and have good footwork

TomUnessa
Riding the Bench

Post by TomUnessa »

wobycat wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:29 pm
Blitz wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:02 am Burg posters on here keep saying that our line play is a strength this year. I don't know if they are dads or just haven't been to the scrimmages but our O-line has looked pretty rough so far. D-Line I agree is very very good but O-line not so much... hope I'm wrong but I'm not seeing it. If we can't run the ball we won't be able to protect long enough for the QB to be effective. could get ugly pretty quick IMO
The offensive line is the one phase of this years team that needs coached up but I think they have tremendous upside. They are going to have growing pains as they replace three good lineman from last year but they are big and have good footwork
They will have to have a significant improvement since last weeks scrimmage. I know it’s only a scrimmage but they looked kinda confused and Raceland got a lot of pressure to Rucker. Burg also had a lot of trouble running ball with exception of 1st play from scrimmage. That’s what worries me- Raceland isn’t Ironton. How did they look in scrimmage vs London? Better, worse, same??

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

wobycat wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:27 pm

I don’t believe that .
That’s true but you guys did have three kids on that team come from other schools that were a huge part of that team. In fact, outside of carrico, Salyers, Jones , and the big tackle, can’t remember his name were the most important and big time players.
Salyers and Jones had already graduated boss.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:53 pm

My bad. I thought you were talking about the state team. But same thing. Angelo Washington, Porter and masters all helped that team.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

It is mind boggling to me that this game will be played tomorrow and the talk of transfers still gets brought up. God knows what will have if Ironton should win.
Just suck it up and let the kids play and may the best TEAM win

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

FACT
I don’t believe that .

Really!!! You think they make it all the way to the title game last year without Keyes, Felder and Perkins??? Pendleton saw the writing on the wall his first year and saw the talent pool was thin in the lower grades so he went out and brought in players already coached up to help him win. He then went and proved even with the superior talent he brought in he still couldn't even compete, let alone win the big game.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TomUnessa wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:46 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:29 pm
They will have to have a significant improvement since last weeks scrimmage. I know it’s only a scrimmage but they looked kinda confused and Raceland got a lot of pressure to Rucker. Burg also had a lot of trouble running ball with exception of 1st play from scrimmage. That’s what worries me- Raceland isn’t Ironton. How did they look in scrimmage vs London? Better, worse, same??
About the same, Raceland defense was really good and better than London. To be determined on Ironton defense but when you go watch film, there were some mistakes on where to step. But I still believe these guys are going to be a good line.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:01 pm It is mind boggling to me that this game will be played tomorrow and the talk of transfers still gets brought up. God knows what will have if Ironton should win.
Just suck it up and let the kids play and may the best TEAM win
I quit complaining about the transfer thing last year but not saying success is a part of it, is just not accurate. Ironton coach gets them in. You’re right still have to beat them.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

FACT
I don’t believe that .
Burg and Ironton didn't even play in 2020 so that's one out of the 5 yeras he has been there where he didn't bring in 4-6 players. Ok, I'll give you that one.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:06 pm

I don’t believe that .
Burg and Ironton didn't even play in 2020 so that's one out of the 5 yeras he has been there where he didn't bring in 4-6 players. Ok, I'll give you that one.
He still had players that came in and started/contributed.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

But back to game.
It looks like the QB is the playmaker for Ironton. Tall athletic and pretty accurate

Who’s leading the tiger defense?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:02 pm

FACT
I don’t believe that .

Really!!! You think they make it all the way to the title game last year without Keyes, Felder and Perkins??? Pendleton saw the writing on the wall his first year and saw the talent pool was thin in the lower grades so he went out and brought in players already coached up to help him win. He then went and proved even with the superior talent he brought in he still couldn't even compete, let alone win the big game.
Where would the Pirates be all of these years if all the kids that live outside the District went to the schools in which the District they lived in? How many kids on your Championship teams fit into that category? How many kids on this years team fit into that category? I know quite a few due to their CB number. So, don’t act like you all haven’t benefited over the years, and this year too. Lol

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Blah blah blah. Transfer this and recruit that. Move to Central Ohio where it's wide open. Catholic and private academies recruiting from all over the country and world. Somebody needs to bury the recruiting and transfer talk because it smells like a dead deer on Route 52.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

I'll take the Burg. I always will but Ironton is always good and competitive. Don't forget to watch it on Spectrum News 1 if you got Spectrum cable..game of the week for Central and Southeast Ohio..

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

wobycat wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:00 pm
TigerBob wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:53 pm

My bad. I thought you were talking about the state team. But same thing. Angelo Washington, Porter and masters all helped that team.
I don’t know who Porter is. Washington didn’t play much until Duncan got hurt in playoffs. Did play well when he got his chance. Masters was a backup and maybe 4th WR.

Howell and Deere were starters that had come in, but Deere was prior to current staff.

Return to “Football”