Round 3- #5. Portsmouth West (11-1) Vs # 1. Ironton (12-0)

Ninker
Waterboy

Re: Round 3- #5. Portsmouth West (11-1) Vs # 1. Ironton (12-0)

Post by Ninker »

I wish I could be at the game but, I live out of state. I have seen the Senators twice this year and have been impressed by several things. While my knowledge is limited, the first observation is the entire coaching staff has game-planned well and the young men have executed the plan. Secondly, the grit and toughness factor is definitely there. One game I saw they were significantly undersized in the trenches but it didn't seem to have any bearing on them at all. They dominated the game. Thirdly is the toughness on both sides of the ball by their RB/LB. Lastly, is the poise and maturity of the QB. I have not seen Ironton, but am confident they are a strong team. Should be a good game and wish I could be there. GO SENATORS!!

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:04 pm Well, it's a dream come true to me, one so wonderful that I had to come back out of retirement when I saw someone posting from West how FAST (Varoom! Beep Beep!) them Portsmouth West Siders are...and I just had to come back to say...

BEEP BEEP BABY! HERE COMES A SIDER!!

I'm really looking forward to this game! It's always fun to see my Fighting Tigers take on an unknown school and in ways, both are a mystery to the other as it's been so long since they've met. I don't know, I'm thinking maybe the first time I posted Beep Beep! here comes a Sider that our coach and his brother were probably playing? might have been before them...

I'm very tickled with the venue as well. Portsmouth has such a wonderful facility. I don't know who could complain about it being played there
Beep beep, talk about a throwback! The old jj puddle days. I think 2005 was the last time they played? I remember it being the ONN game of the week. Jered Pendleton was the running back at the time

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
NoseyRosey
Waterboy

Post by NoseyRosey »

I am rooting for a Sider victory here. All the transfers from all over the country ending up in Ironton is about as fishy as the ladies at the splash pad on 3rd St on a hot summer day. Can't really respect that type of team and their coach. Speaking of coaches, Coach G at West has done a great job with that program and their kids play and work hard. You don't see him sucking up to college boosters or chasing recruits at basketball games. Just shows up and putting effort into the kids that want to play for their school. Winning with class the right way

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Taylormade wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:53 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Bfan99 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:29 pm Drew Pasteur has Ironton by 21pts. He was 88% correct last week picking games

I’ll say it again. No one is saying West is the favorite. You all are state championship or bust. We are playing on house money. They will not get walked on. Our defense played a good Columbus academy team and held them to 120 total yards with 27 coming in the second half.
Win it all or bust lmao. Were talking about kids playing a game,and from the sound of it one you never played.
Actually I played on a pretty good team. And it’s the adults on this site that have painted the Ironton team as unbeatable. With that much declared talent on a division 5 team, anything less would be a bust. You can’t have both. You either embrace the confidence or don’t talk it up.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

TigerBob wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:19 am Considering this game will be played at West’s home field from last year, just another OHSAA screw job.

In all seriousness, best site for the game IMO. Get The Ribber ready.
I’m surprised someone would complain about playing a regional semi final game at Portsmouth and being able to get the ribber before the game.That’s hilarious 😂. I know it’s closer for West, but who cares we will play anywhere.

Go Tigers! 🐅

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

Lock the Gates at the Coliseum. Here comes the Fighting Tigers!

#JustWinIt
#TheFactory
#4to1

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

NoseyRosey wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:08 pm I am rooting for a Sider victory here. All the transfers from all over the country ending up in Ironton is about as fishy as the ladies at the splash pad on 3rd St on a hot summer day. Can't really respect that type of team and their coach. Speaking of coaches, Coach G at West has done a great job with that program and their kids play and work hard. You don't see him sucking up to college boosters or chasing recruits at basketball games. Just shows up and putting effort into the kids that want to play for their school. Winning with class the right way
[/quote

Why don’t you just tell us you’re small minded and ate up with play where you were born BS 🤣

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

GOOD LUCK TIGERS!!

ItownFootball
Waterboy

Post by ItownFootball »

Hard to stop Perkins from Lucasville, Pittman from Ashland, Thacker from Ashland, Keyes from Mississippi, Fielder from Huntington WV, the noseguard from northwest, and the other players from rock hill and south point. Anyway, no one expects west to win since everyone who plays for them grew up on the west side.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Supposed to rain Friday. You have to think this might help west with Irotnon's passing attack.

SEO95
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO95 »

You think Ironton should even show up? Sounds like PWest are world dominators at this point. GO TIGERS

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

SEO95 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:51 am You think Ironton should even show up? Sounds like PWest are world dominators at this point. GO TIGERS
No one has said that. No one realistically thinks west is the favorite. Sorry not everyone thinks that Ironton will win by 50 and it’s possible that it could be a good ball game

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SiderBlood wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:05 am
SEO95 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:51 am You think Ironton should even show up? Sounds like PWest are world dominators at this point. GO TIGERS
No one has said that. No one realistically thinks west is the favorite. Sorry not everyone thinks that Ironton will win by 50 and it’s possible that it could be a good ball game
I’ve seen both play burg. And west is more than capable of winning it.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:22 am
SiderBlood wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:05 am
No one has said that. No one thinks west is the cut and dry favorite. Do I think if we play very good and get some breaks, we can pull it off? Yes I do. Sorry not everyone thinks that Ironton will win by 50 and it’s possible that it could be a good ball game
I’ve seen both play burg. And west is more than capable of winning it.

SiderSam
Waterboy

Post by SiderSam »

Weather report is rainy and cold. Going to be great Ohio playoff football weather! Gotta love it!

🟠⬛️WESTSIDE🟠⬛️
TigerTooth
Waterboy

Post by TigerTooth »

Tigers overlook Senators, go into game expecting to walk all over PW. Then the unexpected happens.

SEO95
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO95 »

Doubtful that will happen.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:35 am Supposed to rain Friday. You have to think this might help west with Irotnon's passing attack.
IMO the weather conditions wont affect much on either team but If I had to choose probably will hurt West more, Ironton’s rushing defense is really good and take away the threat of passing it will be a long night. West threw the ball 17 times vs Columbus acedemy and will need to be able to pass to upset the tigers. Irontons passing game has a lot of quick slants and WR screens that I think the weather won’t affect much and having Fielder and Keys back at 100% and Irontons line is playing really well and has improved every week.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

On paper Ironton by 2 scores or greater. Then they play the game. Will it be streamed?

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

FIDO wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:36 pm On paper Ironton by 2 scores or greater. Then they play the game. Will it be streamed?
Will who does Portsmouth will stream it but I hope my town makes it down as well
Last edited by Beergogglebluez on Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005

Return to “Football”