Round 3- #5. Portsmouth West (11-1) Vs # 1. Ironton (12-0)

Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: Round 3- #5. Portsmouth West (11-1) Vs # 1. Ironton (12-0)

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:54 pm
HERO wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:07 pm Not nearly enough seating at Zane Trace. Only way it’s there is if Portsmouth and Valley didn’t put in for the fame
I agree. Zane Trace is not a good choice for this one.
Ohiostadiums.com lists seating at 1700.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

mattash wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:08 pm Green has a nice new facility. Home side is fine but away side is too small. Would of been perfect and fun.

Not to mention a mile away from the playing field

Pinwheel
JV Team

Re: Round 3. Ironton v West

Post by Pinwheel »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:52 pm
Bfan99 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:43 pm
Pinwheel wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:15 pm

West would best JC ,they aren't close to what they normally are,that's why Pendleton played them he knew they was not up to par ,just like Moeller,new to get them before this year 😂.

Jackson would best west but not any blow out.
Ironton won't score 42 against west if it goes double ot
Jackson, JC, Gallia and possibly CG would all beat west. I get it west is improved since week 1 but explain the waverly game in week 6 , waverly scoring 42 points? and the close minford game? West’s only quality win is vs Burg in a home rivalry game and only scored 14pts with a Hail Mary pass. Ironton has had 1 bad HALF all season and that was the 2nd half of the Gallia game. Ironton is clicking on all cylinders right now and has depth at mostly every postion. West can’t hang for 4qrts vs ironton
Whatever you want to tell yourself. Explain why Ironton about lost to Galia? Im not gonna say we would beat Jackson but we could play ball with them. This wasn’t a typical JC team and I believe we beat them. We beat Galia and I don’t think Coal Grove would be close at all. We had our bad game against Fairland and didn’t pull a rabbit out of the hat like you all did against Galia. Or Fairland last year. Once again, no one is saying West is the favorite. But if you are that delusional, you could be in for a big surprise. You think that we don’t have the athletes to keep up you are also wrong. Like I’ve already stated we got big time players without stars by their names that have been on colleges radars. This isn’t a team of bums that have luckily won 10 games in a row and a conference championship.

They don't think they ever pull rabbits out of their azz , you forgot to mention the Jackson game last year .

They always demolish everyone then in week 13 or 14 they beat their selfs away from cupcake schedule.

Still wondering why Moeller wasn't on the schedule this year,but then I see what Moeller is doing... understand

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Pinwheel wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:21 pm
Bfan99 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:43 pm
Jackson, JC, Gallia and possibly CG would all beat west. I get it west is improved since week 1 but explain the waverly game in week 6 , waverly scoring 42 points? and the close minford game? West’s only quality win is vs Burg in a home rivalry game and only scored 14pts with a Hail Mary pass. Ironton has had 1 bad HALF all season and that was the 2nd half of the Gallia game. Ironton is clicking on all cylinders right now and has depth at mostly every postion. West can’t hang for 4qrts vs ironton
Whatever you want to tell yourself. Explain why Ironton about lost to Galia? Im not gonna say we would beat Jackson but we could play ball with them. This wasn’t a typical JC team and I believe we beat them. We beat Galia and I don’t think Coal Grove would be close at all. We had our bad game against Fairland and didn’t pull a rabbit out of the hat like you all did against Galia. Or Fairland last year. Once again, no one is saying West is the favorite. But if you are that delusional, you could be in for a big surprise. You think that we don’t have the athletes to keep up you are also wrong. Like I’ve already stated we got big time players without stars by their names that have been on colleges radars. This isn’t a team of bums that have luckily won 10 games in a row and a conference championship.

They don't think they ever pull rabbits out of their azz , you forgot to mention the Jackson game last year .

They always demolish everyone then in week 13 or 14 they beat their selfs away from cupcake schedule.

Still wondering why Moeller wasn't on the schedule this year,but then I see what Moeller is doing... understand

Moeller played in state semi-finals last year. Ironton isn’t ducking anyone.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

XandOs wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:36 pm

Because they got their two starters back after not even traveling to Ironton , including their best play all around the QB

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Still not the normal year for them or they don't get beat by a D5 school even without two starters

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

And I wouldn't say they don't dodge no one , every one knows Pendleton doesn't want anything to do with Ashland,he can't beat them

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Pinwheel,

Another clueless poster. I think when Ironton took the game they knew Moeller had everyone. The school you support ever played Moeller or any Big school powerhouse?

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Cupcake schedule? Lol Are we comparing strength of schedules between Ironton and West? I believe ironton was up 21-0 on gallia at the half and only had the ball twice in the 3rd with both possessions being 3 and out. Ironton had 15 penalties that game that kept drives going for gallia but in the 4th when ironton needed a drive they made it happen. Now please explain giving up 42 points to waverly and having a close game vs minford?

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

The battle in the trenches this game could end up being quite the show!

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Drew Pasteur has Ironton by 21pts. He was 88% correct last week picking games

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Ironton has rested felder the entire postseason I look for him to have a big game. West will have to throw the ball, they will have a spy on sissel is my guess. Both teams like to hit and it will be a dandy.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Bfan99 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:29 pm Drew Pasteur has Ironton by 21pts. He was 88% correct last week picking games

I’ll say it again. No one is saying West is the favorite. You all are state championship or bust. We are playing on house money. They will not get walked on. Our defense played a good Columbus academy team and held them to 120 total yards with 27 coming in the second half.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Ray Finkle
Waterboy

Post by Ray Finkle »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Bfan99 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:29 pm Drew Pasteur has Ironton by 21pts. He was 88% correct last week picking games

I’ll say it again. No one is saying West is the favorite. You all are state championship or bust. We are playing on house money. They will not get walked on. Our defense played a good Columbus academy team and held them to 120 total yards with 27 coming in the second half.
That’s not saying much. CA’s best player went out early in the second quarter and he was starting to get hot. Ironton is on another level.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Some of these posters are great and so entertaining to read. Please give me more!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Pinwheel wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:16 pm
mattash wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:08 pm Green has a nice new facility. Home side is fine but away side is too small. Would of been perfect and fun.

Not to mention a mile away from the playing field
Lol yeah I don’t know why they did that

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Sportsnut123
Waterboy

Post by Sportsnut123 »

Bfan99 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:05 pm

Cupcake schedule? Lol Are we comparing strength of schedules between Ironton and West? I believe ironton was up 21-0 on gallia at the half and only had the ball twice in the 3rd with both possessions being 3 and out. Ironton had 15 penalties that game that kept drives going for gallia but in the 4th when ironton needed a drive they made it happen. Now please explain giving up 42 points to waverly and having a close game vs minford?
And a team with 15 penalties in 1 game is state champion material?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

some of these comments haha.

good grief it’s an 11-1 west team vs an undefeated ironton team r

throw all your predictions and arm chair QB out the window.

gonna be two SEO teams sleeves rolled up in a fist fight

watta football game

kids to both teams. enjoy the moment. every second of it

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

I like West in this one. They're going to surprise a lot of people who haven't seen them this year with the mixture of speed and physicality that they have. Ironton has a great football team in all phases no doubt, but West, in the offensive trenches and at the first two levels of their defense, are very sound too and they've played their best ball up front over the last three weeks.

Defensively, it will be a challenge stopping the arsenal of talent that Ironton has, and I certainly think that Ironton will hit on some big plays as the Fighting Tigers are very deep with their receiving options. They played at a really good pace against Portsmouth when airing the football out and mixed run and pass well. But West's experience and sense of urgency has been where it's needed to be over the last three weeks, and I believe the Senators will pass the test. West by a touchdown, 21-14 -- possibly in overtime.

BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

scott1297 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:08 pm This game will be played in Portsmouth IMO cause it's the best option
I think Valley is a much better option. Stadium is just as big as Portsmouth’s with way better visitor bleachers. They also have way better consession stands on both sides and the kicker is Valley has 1,000x’s better parking than Portsmouth.

Return to “Football”