Will Dewine Shut Down the Champioships?

Bozo
S

Re: Will Dewine Shut Down the Champioships?

Post by Bozo »

Way less morality rate than .13 for under 25 years old. :roll:

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

bullfrog93 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:28 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:21 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:08 pm They are playing. Changed the time to 1:15 pm
Yep, 1:15 and 6:15 are the adjusted times. Making sure they have a much greater chance to clear the stadium out by 10 while still having a full postgame celebration for the teams.
This is a good move. It ensures no one at the games will contract the virus because as we all know the virus doesn't come out until 10pm. :o
Could have just cancelled the game instead. Would that have made you happy? Because we do know for a fact that no one will get the virus at an event that never happened.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Am seeing rumors the games will be moved from central OH to Massillon HS stadium. Stay tuned.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Ironton goes from a 2 hour drive to a 4 1/2 hour drive and an overnight stay. Kirtland is back to a 1 hour drive.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

frankie wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:58 pm Ironton goes from a 2 hour drive to a 4 1/2 hour drive and an overnight stay. Kirtland is back to a 1 hour drive.
The meeting probably started out: Well, gentlemen since NEO does have 1 team in each of the final games in all divisions and this is about protecting all involved in this year of covid we've decided............. :roll:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
bullfrog93
Freshman Team

Post by bullfrog93 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:17 am
bullfrog93 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:28 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:21 pm

Yep, 1:15 and 6:15 are the adjusted times. Making sure they have a much greater chance to clear the stadium out by 10 while still having a full postgame celebration for the teams.
This is a good move. It ensures no one at the games will contract the virus because as we all know the virus doesn't come out until 10pm. :o
Could have just cancelled the game instead. Would that have made you happy? Because we do know for a fact that no one will get the virus at an event that never happened.
What would "make me happy" is if dumbaszed DeWine would stop contradicting himself. More people would take him more seriously if he would. It's silly to think that ending the game before 10pm will do anything to stop the spread of the virus. Just like it's silly to say, "the only way to stop the spread is to wear a mask" and then make numerous exceptions to wearing a mask.

bullfrog93
Freshman Team

Post by bullfrog93 »

Zunardo wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:06 pm Am seeing rumors the games will be moved from central OH to Massillon HS stadium. Stay tuned.
Yes there's a force surrounding Massillon HS stadium that shields everyone who enters from the virus. But spectators still have to wear a mask just in case. Players don't have to because as we all know the virus is scared of the yard lines and won't go there. :shock:

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

bullfrog93 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:18 pm
Zunardo wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:06 pm Am seeing rumors the games will be moved from central OH to Massillon HS stadium. Stay tuned.
Yes there's a force surrounding Massillon HS stadium that shields everyone who enters from the virus. But spectators still have to wear a mask just in case. Players don't have to because as we all know the virus is scared of the yard lines and won't go there. :shock:
I knew it!

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:05 pm
frankie wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:58 pm Ironton goes from a 2 hour drive to a 4 1/2 hour drive and an overnight stay. Kirtland is back to a 1 hour drive.
The meeting probably started out: Well, gentlemen since NEO does have 1 team in each of the final games in all divisions and this is about protecting all involved in this year of covid we've decided............. :roll:
I say just cancel them all....

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

It wasn’t Dewine people. It was Franklin county health officials issuing a stay at home order

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Massillon must be like wal mart. You can’t catch covid there.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
bullfrog93
Freshman Team

Post by bullfrog93 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:23 pm It wasn’t Dewine people. It was Franklin county health officials issuing a stay at home order
Then play the games at Lancaster. Or some other venue close to but outside Franklin County.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

bullfrog93 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:32 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:23 pm It wasn’t Dewine people. It was Franklin county health officials issuing a stay at home order
Then play the games at Lancaster. Or some other venue close to but outside Franklin County.
I’m not sure how that works. We don’t care where we play. We didn’t care when they were at OSU, didn’t care when they were at HOF, didn’t care when they were scheduled for Obetz and wouldn’t care if they were scheduled at tanks. I say just cancel them all

6O HORN3TS 🐝
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:22 pm
Might as well, no different than winter & spring last year. Stark County has more covid cases per capita than Franklin.......and since I live in Franklin I know this 6:00 pm order will be enforced like fines for littering and illegal parking in handicapped spaces. What a joke !!!!!

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:40 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:22 pm

Might as well, no different than winter & spring last year. Stark County has more covid cases per capita than Franklin.......and since I live in Franklin I know this 6:00 pm order will be enforced like fines for littering and illegal parking in handicapped spaces. What a joke !!!!!
Yepp but not our fault with your NEO comment that we got teams in all 7 divisions. I’d say NEO is doing something right. Congrats to Hoban for manning up

6O HORN3TS 🐝
shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Crazy but expect the unexpected in 2020. Simply don’t see how basketball is gonna happen!

bullfrog93
Freshman Team

Post by bullfrog93 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:33 pm
I’m not sure how that works. We don’t care where we play. We didn’t care when they were at OSU, didn’t care when they were at HOF, didn’t care when they were scheduled for Obetz and wouldn’t care if they were scheduled at tanks. I say just cancel them all
Really, if he wants to stay consistent and true to his statements, he should cancel all sports or require all players to wear a mask at all times. Not saying I agree with the mask wearing, but he claims that the only way to stop the spread is for everyone to wear a mask at all times. Then he goes on to list the countless exemptions to wearing a mask. My point, you either believe everyone needs to wear a mask or you don't. There's no in between. That's just one contradiction of the many he makes that causes many of us to think he's a fool.

All that said, it's crazy in my opinion to think we can stop the virus by sheltering in place and going no where. So, play the games. Those who get the virus are going to get it and those who don't aren't. Play ball!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Everyone would bellyache about Lancaster’s parking. Pretty sure Raider would go into maximum overdrive on it!

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

bullfrog93 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:08 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:33 pm

Really, if he wants to stay consistent and true to his statements, he should cancel all sports or require all players to wear a mask at all times. Not saying I agree with the mask wearing, but he claims that the only way to stop the spread is for everyone to wear a mask at all times. Then he goes on to list the countless exemptions to wearing a mask. My point, you either believe everyone needs to wear a mask or you don't. There's no in between. That's just one contradiction of the many he makes that causes many of us to think he's a fool.

All that said, it's crazy in my opinion to think we can stop the virus by sheltering in place and going no where. So, play the games. Those who get the virus are going to get it and those who don't aren't. Play ball!
Couldn’t have said it better myself. I sat cancel them all and strip st x and no title winners this year. We’ll play the games with whoever can make it there next year

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:10 pm
Everyone would bellyache about Lancaster’s parking. Pretty sure Raider would go into maximum overdrive on it!
Hell they are bellyaching now. I say they let D5 play it wherever they want and we’ll come to tanks for a change

6O HORN3TS 🐝

Return to “Football”