Best SEO linebacker ever: Carrico or the Whopper?

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Best SEO linebacker ever: Carrico or the Whopper?

Post by Wings Teaford »

My boy has a long career at Racine. He racked up 3000 tackles in high school. Beat that boys!

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Best SEO linebacker ever: Carrico or the Whopper?

Post by noreply66 »

Back in the 60s Logan had a linebacker that went and played at Ohio State.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Trans_State69
Waterboy

Post by Trans_State69 »

I saw that kid. He looked a little slow on film.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

TJ Turner from Hillsboro went onto start at LB at Michigan State or Glenn Cobb Miami Trace 3 year starter for Ohio State and 2 time captain for the Buckeyes

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Ed Thompson was pretty good

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
SugarDaddy
JV Team

Post by SugarDaddy »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:06 pm Back in the 60s Logan had a linebacker that went and played at Ohio State.

Rob Johnson. 3 year starter at ILB

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Ed Thompson was the real deal, had did I forget him?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

SugarDaddy wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:02 pm
noreply66 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:06 pm Back in the 60s Logan had a linebacker that went and played at Ohio State.

Rob Johnson. 3 year starter at ILB
Rob had a nick name from playing QB and it was Y.A. Johnson. He sort of gave it to himself. One day in practice he rolled out and completed a pass and then said those three words.

SugarDaddy
JV Team

Post by SugarDaddy »

The Ohio State coaches said he would have also started as a Frosh but those days college Frosh were not allowed to play “varsity”. Knew Rob and played with him.

SugarDaddy
JV Team

Post by SugarDaddy »

Rob was also All SEOAL and All Ohio. He was also the SEOAL MVP. Woody loved the guy.

Skyrocket
Riding the Bench

Post by Skyrocket »

Lance Mehl class of 76 Bellaire high school. College Penn state .At the time Penn state was known as linebacker U.
Drafted by the New York jets .played 7 or 8 years. Career was cut short by a knee injury.

Ben Taylor. Class of 96 Bellaire high school. College Virginia tech. Drafted by the Cleveland Browns also played for the packers

SugarDaddy
JV Team

Post by SugarDaddy »

BTW, Rob Johnson’s older sister was an Ohio State cheerleader as well. This was before girls sports but she was athletic as he11.

Easyrider
Waterboy

Post by Easyrider »

Watched a young man from Wellston back in the early 2000's Lance Phillips, the games I watched him play he was very dominant. Had size, speed and played with attitude and brought the hammer with him. Watched him live in the backfield of my kids school one Friday night and the next morning the QB who was a friend of my kid came over on Saturday morning and he was literally covered with lumps and bruises from head to toe. Think he garnered a lot of league and district awards but not sure if he played any next level ball or not ....seen the topic and it just jarred my memory from twenty years ago about LB's that have stood out to me....just my opinion and nothing more.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Easyrider wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:11 pm Watched a young man from Wellston back in the early 2000's Lance Phillips, the games I watched him play he was very dominant. Had size, speed and played with attitude and brought the hammer with him. Watched him live in the backfield of my kids school one Friday night and the next morning the QB who was a friend of my kid came over on Saturday morning and he was literally covered with lumps and bruises from head to toe. Think he garnered a lot of league and district awards but not sure if he played any next level ball or not ....seen the topic and it just jarred my memory from twenty years ago about LB's that have stood out to me....just my opinion and nothing more.
I remember Phillips. Always a lot of talk about him. Went to a Nelson/York game just to see him play. Might have been his senior year.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Does anyone remember Ike Kelly from Breman that went to Ohio State. Not for sure but I'm thinking he went on to play with Philadelphia????????

SugarDaddy
JV Team

Post by SugarDaddy »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:26 pm Does anyone remember Ike Kelly from Breman that went to Ohio State. Not for sure but I'm thinking he went on to play with Philadelphia????????
Ike was an All B1G LB. Drafted by the Eagles, he was one of the Pro teams captains. He starred on their special teams and was a sometime starter. Played around 10 years.

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:23 pm
Easyrider wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:11 pm Watched a young man from Wellston back in the early 2000's Lance Phillips, the games I watched him play he was very dominant. Had size, speed and played with attitude and brought the hammer with him. Watched him live in the backfield of my kids school one Friday night and the next morning the QB who was a friend of my kid came over on Saturday morning and he was literally covered with lumps and bruises from head to toe. Think he garnered a lot of league and district awards but not sure if he played any next level ball or not ....seen the topic and it just jarred my memory from twenty years ago about LB's that have stood out to me....just my opinion and nothing more.
I remember Phillips. Always a lot of talk about him. Went to a Nelson/York game just to see him play. Might have been his senior year.
Phillips was an absolute game wrecker! He went on to play at Wittenberg. He then fought pro MMA on a regional level for a few years. In today's world he'd have played in the MAC. Twenty years ago basically noone from SEO was getting D1 offers. Fyi: I know there are exceptions.

Return to “Football”