Bishop Watterson(17) @ (47)Wheelersburg

Football fan
Riding the Bench

Re: WK4 Columbus Bishop Watterson 1-2 @ Wheelersburg 3-0

Post by Football fan »

According to reliable sources urban and Shelly will be in one of the private boxes

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

This will be a very good test for Burg these are the kind of games Burg needs to get ready for the playoffs IMO I really dont see a running clock I see a hard fought game to the finish win or lose we will see just how good Burg is this season GO BURG!

Burg grad 85
victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Have not seen any film of watterson. However I understand they are by far the largest Oline and dline burg will probably see all year. It will be interesting to see how wheelersburg designs their play calling around this to create space and get the ball to their playmakers. I don't see us lining up and shoving them off the ball. Hopefully we respect them enough to not give them field position and put them in 4 down territory with the infernal inside kicks all night Definitely the biggest test of the season

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Football fan wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:05 pm According to reliable sources urban and Shelly will be in one of the private boxes
i can't wait to see his son play. he is committed to uc for baseball

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Post by The pirate indian »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:22 pm
Football fan wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:05 pm According to reliable sources urban and Shelly will be in one of the private boxes
i can't wait to see his son play. he is committed to uc for baseball
I watched his little highlight blurb on maxpreps. He's got got some good moves, he should make some plays.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Hopefully Urban will get some ideas from watching Burg that'll improve the junior high offense he responsible for at tOSU.*

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:13 am
Hopefully Urban will get some ideas from watching Burg that'll improve the junior high offense he responsible for at tOSU.*
They should have just fed Dobbins all night. JT is holding them back. Just my 2 pennies.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I haven't seen Watterson play since Jackson beat them in the 2015 playoffs. I think they will be very physical, and provide a bit of a test for Wheelersburg, but I do think that the Burg will win the game. I'm guessing something like 24-13.

Watterson's program is definitely not what it once was, but they're still solid. They play a pretty tough schedule, which may make them seem worse than they really are also. I think this is a good game for Burg to schedule, and will give them some of the competition that they need to see.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

The Burg has played three games of nobodies and this week isn't much more.. running clock again...

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

P(irate) wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:23 am
They should have just fed Dobbins all night. JT is holding them back. Just my 2 pennies.
Joey Burrow's need to be our QB, JT stunk up the 'Shoe. Webber had 39 yards on 3 carries and Dobbins didn't disappoint. Run the darn ball!!!
As I would love to see Urban Meyer in Scioto County; but after the Buckeye's performance last night, I think Urban needs to be worried about his own job. Afterall, OSU has the worst pass defense in the FBS.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
14U
S

Post by 14U »

vladimir wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:56 pm

Joey Burrow's need to be our QB, JT stunk up the 'Shoe. Webber had 39 yards on 3 carries and Dobbins didn't disappoint. Run the darn ball!!!
As I would love to see Urban Meyer in Scioto County; but after the Buckeye's performance last night, I think Urban needs to be worried about his own job. Afterall, OSU has the worst pass defense in the FBS.
Burrows I think would have played but having surgery on his hand few weeks back he will get medical redshirt

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

https://youtu.be/7S_SVxA10GE
link to 2017 watterson film/highlights I found on YouTube.
they look good with really good size this will be a huge test for Burg. After seeing the video share some thoughts. Btw Watterson looks to have a good passing game. Burg will differently meet their match.
Let's Go Burg!!!!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

14U wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:48 pm

Burrows I think would have played but having surgery on his hand few weeks back he will get medical redshirt
He may be close to being ready. I'm not sure how long he was scheduled to be out but they said he was throwing last night before the game

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

8332 Granite St wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:43 pm https://youtu.be/7S_SVxA10GE
link to 2017 watterson film/highlights I found on YouTube.
they look good with really good size this will be a huge test for Burg. After seeing the video share some thoughts. Btw Watterson looks to have a good passing game. Burg will differently meet their match.
Let's Go Burg!!!!
That was the first game of the year. Did you see how small the other team was? No wonder they looked really good. Nobody was big enough to stop them. Plus it's highlights. So yea. They are going to look good.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

fbnut wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:41 pm
14U wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:48 pm

He may be close to being ready. I'm not sure how long he was scheduled to be out but they said he was throwing last night before the game
Burrow was throwing better balls than Barrett during warm ups last night before the game.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

knightruner wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:38 pm The Burg has played three games of nobodies and this week isn't much more.. running clock again...
Beyond laughable.....

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

Frim what I have seen they fly around and force turnovers on defense and on offense they like to throw slant passes

SOC 1
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

The Oaf wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:08 pm
knightruner wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:38 pm The Burg has played three games of nobodies and this week isn't much more.. running clock again...
Beyond laughable.....
Watterson would be a top 10 caliber D5 school

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

fbnut wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:27 am
The Oaf wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:08 pm
Beyond laughable.....
Watterson would be a top 10 caliber D5 school
Agreed.

Watterson dismantled a D2 school in Whitehall-Yearling. They were beaten 22-0 by Olentangy Orange (who has only allowed 2 TD's so far this year and roughed up Dublin Jerome).

This is, by far, the best team Burg will face until the playoffs. Watterson plays a VERY tough schedule for a D3 school. If it wasnt for Burg's storied program, I dont think them scheduling a D5 school would have ever happened.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

"Bishop Watterson? Never heard of 'em."

Return to “Football”