Re: Round 1 Playoffs DV , R19 #7 (7-3) Martins Ferry @ #2 (9-1) West

Post by Westfan »

Here's an ESPN special from a few years ago on Martins Ferry football

https://youtu.be/mmHDuzIATIE

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

The Purple Riders will give West a game. The Side can win this. If West could have had a more balanced attack against Burg and sustained it, they could have won. I will not go into Burg has always had weak pass defense. I think they will have their hands full with Ready. If one of the Scioto County teams make it to Week 13, I will be surprised. I hope they both do. Being 1 and 2 gave them both a bad draw compared to 3 and 4. GO West and bring home the "W".

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

The Nature Boy wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:40 pm The Purple Riders will give West a game. The Side can win this. If West could have had a more balanced attack against Burg and sustained it, they could have won. I will not go into Burg has always had weak pass defense. I think they will have their hands full with Ready. If one of the Scioto County teams make it to Week 13, I will be surprised. I hope they both do. Being 1 and 2 gave them both a bad draw compared to 3 and 4. GO West and bring home the "W".
Funniest post in awhile. You do realize that Ready got it handed to them by a team that Watterson hammered? We know what burg did to Watterson. You’re going to be really surprised when Burg is playing week 15.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

Am i the only one hopeing either burg or west loses before week 13? We do not need to see all the crap again.

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

and since i believe burg will win it has to be west lol

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

ohwkGREATNESSyrio wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:24 pm Am i the only one hopeing either burg or west loses before week 13? We do not need to see all the crap again.
Yeah, pretty sure you are. 😂

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

Hylander wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:46 pm
ohwkGREATNESSyrio wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:24 pm Am i the only one hopeing either burg or west loses before week 13? We do not need to see all the crap again.
Yeah, pretty sure you are. 😂
:lol: Yea I believe so.

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck West

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

How y'all doin' in the southland???? First off just to set the tone here " The Burg" will win the D V championship hands down!!!! Wow they are on one hell of a run last few years!! I am impressed!!!
Now for the challange at hand!! Just from reading several threads here my first impressions are West has a good running back and some quick defensive players!! So can I also read into this a little and assume that passing game and size are lacking?? Well while you ponder that question I'll give you this immediate thought Martins Ferry is large and quick and has two seriously good running backs but lacks also in the passing game!! Defensive line is very good as are the linebackers and as the season progressed the secondary has come along quite impressively!!! Since someone already posted our schedule I'll give you insite into our 3 early season losses Linsly was one heck of a battle that team was impressive and continues to be so that was a could have went the other way game!! Union Local again a good team that slid towards they end of the season they took advantage of our secondary's early season issues, which seems to be much better, and offense stumbled and turned the ball over and over and over, it was our worst game!!! St.C. Another good team gave us fits with YACs' and again we shot ourself in the foot late to let this one get away!! Since that game things have seemed to have changed dramatically( Bellaire game was a slopfest Saturday) for the Purple Riders they are definitely on a roll!!! West and probably everyone on here knows what's coming we don't change things up !!! Line up and stop the bone!!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Purplesage wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:30 pm How y'all doin' in the southland???? First off just to set the tone here " The Burg" will win the D V championship hands down!!!! Wow they are on one hell of a run last few years!! I am impressed!!!
Now for the challange at hand!! Just from reading several threads here my first impressions are West has a good running back and some quick defensive players!! So can I also read into this a little and assume that passing game and size are lacking?? Well while you ponder that question I'll give you this immediate thought Martins Ferry is large and quick and has two seriously good running backs but lacks also in the passing game!! Defensive line is very good as are the linebackers and as the season progressed the secondary has come along quite impressively!!! Since someone already posted our schedule I'll give you insite into our 3 early season losses Linsly was one heck of a battle that team was impressive and continues to be so that was a could have went the other way game!! Union Local again a good team that slid towards they end of the season they took advantage of our secondary's early season issues, which seems to be much better, and offense stumbled and turned the ball over and over and over, it was our worst game!!! St.C. Another good team gave us fits with YACs' and again we shot ourself in the foot late to let this one get away!! Since that game things have seemed to have changed dramatically( Bellaire game was a slopfest Saturday) for the Purple Riders they are definitely on a roll!!! West and probably everyone on here knows what's coming we don't change things up !!! Line up and stop the bone!!!
Nice to have you bud.

West doesn’t lack in size. They have a good line on both sides of the ball. They have quick LBs who can play heads up or sideline to sideline.

They have struggled at times throwing the ball. They did better Friday night though. West has a hard nosed running back. The kids is patient. He’s a 1000+yd rusher.

I’m taking West by 21.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Well laser breath like some of the other posters on here don't look at things subjectively. You think my post was funny. The Burg won't win the DV state championship. It is great you and others think so . Just like you all thought Burg would give Coldwater a game and you got beat last year by Coshocton and then the excuses. I hope Burg wins the state championship. You and other posters need to look at the strengths and weaknesses of the teams Burg is playing and stop looking at Burg beat this team and this team lost to that one. That is funny and means absolutely nothing. Just because a team doesn't match up well with one doesn't mean they won't come out and kick another all over the field. I have seen it happen. Take it one week a time and enjoy the ride. Ready will give Burg a game. They are not Watterson. Stay thirsty amigos.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Also, I know this West thread. West will show up and compete. They will be ready. Go Siders! Bust the grapes.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

The Nature Boy wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:00 pm Well laser breath like some of the other posters on here don't look at things subjectively. You think my post was funny. The Burg won't win the DV state championship. It is great you and others think so . Just like you all thought Burg would give Coldwater a game and you got beat last year by Coshocton and then the excuses. I hope Burg wins the state championship. You and other posters need to look at the strengths and weaknesses of the teams Burg is playing and stop looking at Burg beat this team and this team lost to that one. That is funny and means absolutely nothing. Just because a team doesn't match up well with one doesn't mean they won't come out and kick another all over the field. I have seen it happen. Take it one week a time and enjoy the ride. Ready will give Burg a game. They are not Watterson. Stay thirsty amigos.
You’re right they aren’t even close on Watterson level. West would beat ready by two touchdowns. They aren’t that good dude. I get it, you don’t want to see Burg succeed but you need to put the lid on the hateraid because Burg is going to the shoe.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

laser breath wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:38 pm
The Nature Boy wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:00 pm Well laser breath like some of the other posters on here don't look at things subjectively. You think my post was funny. The Burg won't win the DV state championship. It is great you and others think so . Just like you all thought Burg would give Coldwater a game and you got beat last year by Coshocton and then the excuses. I hope Burg wins the state championship. You and other posters need to look at the strengths and weaknesses of the teams Burg is playing and stop looking at Burg beat this team and this team lost to that one. That is funny and means absolutely nothing. Just because a team doesn't match up well with one doesn't mean they won't come out and kick another all over the field. I have seen it happen. Take it one week a time and enjoy the ride. Ready will give Burg a game. They are not Watterson. Stay thirsty amigos.
You’re right they aren’t even close on Watterson level. West would beat ready by two touchdowns. They aren’t that good dude. I get it, you don’t want to see Burg succeed but you need to put the lid on the hateraid because Burg is going to the shoe.
Burg will not be playing in the shoe. PROMISE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

The Nature Boy wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:40 pm The Purple Riders will give West a game. The Side can win this. If West could have had a more balanced attack against Burg and sustained it, they could have won. I will not go into Burg has always had weak pass defense. I think they will have their hands full with Ready. If one of the Scioto County teams make it to Week 13, I will be surprised. I hope they both do. Being 1 and 2 gave them both a bad draw compared to 3 and 4. GO West and bring home the "W".

You don’t think that maybe Wheelersburg limiting West to 40 yards rushing may of had something to do with West not being able to have a balanced attack?

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

Guess this is a bash thread so I'll just stay up here and leave the game talk on the sidelines!! Sorry to spoil the trash thy neighborhood crap with some game talk!! See ya Friday!!

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Purplesage wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:59 pm Guess this is a bash thread so I'll just stay up here and leave the game talk on the sidelines!! Sorry to spoil the trash thy neighborhood crap with some game talk!! See ya Friday!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: for 10 weeks now

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Purplesage wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:30 pm How y'all doin' in the southland???? First off just to set the tone here " The Burg" will win the D V championship hands down!!!! Wow they are on one hell of a run last few years!! I am impressed!!!

Line up and stop the bone?? Funny. They run a spread with #7 a sophomore QB that throws a nice ball. I'll say west by 10.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Autumn begins in Martins Ferry, Ohio.... but their season gonna end in West Portsmouth!*

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

Weather looks to be sloppy Friday night. IMO that favors West!

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain

Return to “Football”