2017 Playoffs Wheelersburg 34 Johnstown Monroe 7

Abe Froman
S

Re: Johnstown Monroe v Wheelersburg

Post by Abe Froman »

14svt wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:15 pm You guys keep saying They will shut the running game Hats off to them And we are screwed
But have they faced a
Running game like Johnstown
3 RBs, Quaterback Option I don’t think they have
Any 2 way players other then Carmichael and Holden ?
I still say this is the comparison that matters.

Independence beat both Johnstown and Jackson by 30 or so. Independence held them both to one score.

Johnstown and Jackson aren't that much different and Jackson played the Independence game without McCloy I am pretty sure.

Burg handled Jackson, especially 3rd and 4th quarter. It wasn't a close games. I think this Friday is similar. Have to and I mean have to get off to a better start though. Last week and last year against Coshocton can't happen. Both of those games were self-inflicted.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:35 pm
14svt wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:15 pm You guys keep saying They will shut the running game Hats off to them And we are screwed
But have they faced a

Independence beat both Johnstown and Jackson by 30 or so. Independence held them both to one score.

Johnstown and Jackson aren't that much different and Jackson played the Independence game without McCloy I am pretty sure.

Burg handled Jackson, especially 3rd and 4th quarter. It wasn't a close games. I think this Friday is similar. Have to and I mean have to get off to a better start though. Last week and last year against Coshocton can't happen. Both of those games were self-inflicted.
Do I have to say this again
After the 3rd week this team has completely been switched around
I’m hoping Burgs coach picks the Independence film to watch
Last edited by 14svt on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

I had a little free time today so I went back to November 2016 and read the entire Coshocton-Burg thread. Some notes from posters...

"Coshocton runs the Wing T and is certainly a team that hangs their hat on the running game."

"Coshocton has 4 backs and a Qb that are very big for skill players, all well over 200 lbs. the backs are big and physical"

"Coshocton defensively runs 4-4."

"Burg will have running clock"..."Burg brings the storm Saturday"..."Burg wins big"...

In reality, Burg had a terrible first half, 6-7 fumbles i think, about the worst a team could have. Losing 16-0 at halftime. But the score was 23-20 with 2:34 left in the 3rd Quarter. Game ended as we know 30-20.

I really think that Burg learned a lot from this loss last year. JM definitely won't be taken lightly. After just playing Oak Hill and West, with plenty of recent videos to analyze and learn from, playing at the same location as last week, i feel that Burg brings a MUCH better game this Friday.

GO BURG!

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

14svt wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:05 pm
But have they faced a

Yep every team buy the Johnnies has stayed the same since Week 3. You are the only one that has changed and improved since Week 3.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Burg4 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:22 pm I had a little free time today so I went back to November 2016 and read the entire Coshocton-Burg thread. Some notes from posters...

"Coshocton runs the Wing T and is certainly a team that hangs their hat on the running game."

"Coshocton has 4 backs and a Qb that are very big for skill players, all well over 200 lbs. the backs are big and physical"

"Coshocton defensively runs 4-4."

"Burg will have running clock"..."Burg brings the storm Saturday"..."Burg wins big"...

In reality, Burg had a terrible first half, 6-7 fumbles i think, about the worst a team could have. Losing 16-0 at halftime. But the score was 23-20 with 2:34 left in the 3rd Quarter. Game ended as we know 30-20.

I really think that Burg learned a lot from this loss last year. JM definitely won't be taken lightly. After just playing Oak Hill and West, with plenty of recent videos to analyze and learn from, playing at the same location as last week, i feel that Burg brings a MUCH better game this Friday.

GO BURG!
One of your fans posted
“Smash mouth football will always beat the spread I like

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I just can’t wait to see who gets back on here after the game!! Lol one side will be chest thumping thee other side will be chocking on crow! GO BURG!!!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

14svt wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:05 pm
But have they faced a

The success after week 3 might have something to do with the competition not being as good after week 3

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

14svt wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:41 am
fbfever9 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:26 am Game will likely come down to how well Burg can stop the run. If they can't hold JM to some 3 & out's; their high scoring offense will be kept off the field. Score will likely be closer than Burg fans think if the run game isn't slowed.

Could be a 7 point game, but I could also see something more like 35-14..... either way, I'm not sure I've seen a DV team this year that can hang with Burg...... as much as it pains me to say :)
I’m sure our coach has some sneaky plays up his Sleeves They do have a QB that can throw and throw some bombs Even the RB has an arm But jtown has always been a run team so they don’t throw during the season Just like I said and I’ll say it agin If they don’t blitz or put pressure on your QB it will be a long night for Jtown I’d like to see What academy did to them Make them run the ball I think our Running game is Better
How is Burg QB Scrambling during being pressured I don’t think he has been tested all season
SHEW...! Talk about a run on sentence. :lol:

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:02 pm I just can’t wait to see who gets back on here after the game!! Lol one side will be chest thumping thee other side will be chocking on crow! GO BURG!!!
I saw bigcarlito on the back of a milk jug
“”Missing since 2nd half of burg-academy football game”.

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:39 pm
But have they faced a
Well unless Johnstown running game has never been stopped then yes.
It was stopped week 2 & 3 for sure. :D
Independence beat them with great team speed on Defense and a balanced attack with a great RB on Offense.
Last edited by Da_Burg on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:02 pm I just can’t wait to see who gets back on here after the game!! Lol one side will be chest thumping thee other side will be chocking on crow! GO BURG!!!
Yes indeed

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

fbnut wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:03 pm
The success after week 3 might have something to do with the competition not being as good after week 3
Thank you.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:14 pm
Thank you.
Again your schedule I wouldn’t brag 😂

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

Da_Burg wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:11 pm
But have they faced a
Independence beat them with great team speed on Defense and a balanced attack with a great RB on Offense.
🤔
☠️This sounds pretty familiar to what they will see this Friday night!☠️

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I’ll chew it down IF I have to. But I don’t see having to.

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:58 pm
I don’t see it happening neither, but just to be clear IMO this would be a worse loss than this time last yea!
I would love nothing more than to come out just like we did against Watterson!

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Da_Burg wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:03 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:58 pm
I don’t see it happening neither, but just to be clear IMO this would be a worse loss than this time last yea!
I would love nothing more than to come out just like we did against Watterson!
Watterson was terrible before you played them

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Da_Burg wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:32 pm

🤔
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:14 pm
Thank you.
Obviously. 😂

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

14svt wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:11 pm
Da_Burg wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:32 pm

🤔
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
☠️☠️☠️We’ll see who has the last laugh!☠️☠️☠️

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain

Return to “Football”