Wheelersburg vs South Webster

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Re: Wheelersburg vs South Webster

Post by burgpirater »

Swanker Pine wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:35 pm 51-41 final burg
hey swanker poon i thought ur jeeps was beating us twice this year? so much for that prediction! wasn’t even much of a game if you ask me Truitt is only one who shot well for us everyone else couldn’t throw it in ocean. it’ll be 20+ when you come to our place next week so hey nice prediction swanker poon!!!!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good road win by Burg.

SW won’t see talent like Holden and Truitt too early into the D4 tourney

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

burgpirater wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:53 pm
hey swanker poon i thought ur jeeps was beating us twice this year? so much for that prediction! wasn’t even much of a game if you ask me Truitt is only one who shot well for us everyone else couldn’t throw it in ocean. it’ll be 20+ when you come to our place next week so hey nice prediction swanker poon!!!!!!
It was classier when you made fun of Wellston

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

LOL I remember when I was in high school. First time you've posted since they took that L from Waverly or what? Webster had 2/3 of the talent on the floor tonight even if one of them plays for the other team

You act like it was a blow out dude, It was a 8-10 point game the whole time. And really I wouldn't be surprised if it is a 20pt loss at Burg. Everyone knows it's 8 vs 5 over there.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

Swanker Pine wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:01 pm LOL I remember when I was in high school. First time you've posted since they took that L from Waverly or what? Webster had 2/3 of the talent on the floor tonight even if one of them plays for the other team

You act like it was a blow out dude, It was a 8-10 point game the whole time. And really I wouldn't be surprised if it is a 20pt loss at Burg. Everyone knows it's 8 vs 5 over there.
oh plz u had Truitt for what like 2 years? don’t act like he’s a true Webster kid no he’s not a true burg kid either but he’s fit in awesome here and we love to have him.

and Ironman i was just honest about wellston no wellston posters talked smack. swanker got on here and said Webster would beat burg twice this year just goes to show you he has no clue and never has!!!!!!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

why would a SW person get on here and post anything different? Doesn't mean he's clueless, just a fan

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Burgpirater: Burg was 6-14 from 3 point line while Webster only 1-9. Burg is gonna be tough to beat when they hitting outside like that.

As for Webster, way too passive (timid?) in first half. Nobody wanted the ball but Blevins and it led to 12 first half turnovers. Second half was better, but game was well under control by Burg at that point. Webster actually outrebounded Burg 29-24 despite Witter/Edwards/Bockway not playing much at all. Still, Burg clearly better and look like a potential Regional team in D3.*

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I'm wrong occasionally, I'm right occasionally. Doesn't mean I get on SEOPS and beat my chest like a horny gorilla for everyone else to know how big of an idiot I am.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

My biggest gripe with Webster (as AV pointed out) is they just aren't aggressive enough on offense. Defensively I think they're great. They kept the biggest most athletic kid in check tonight and made the other players hit some shots which Burg did. Blevins can get to the rim at will but seems like he second guess himself sometimes? I'm not the coach though so I'll leave it at that and Continue spectating

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I think SW was playing to not make the big mistakes that could lead to transition for Burg. They took themselves out of the game instead of taking chances. Just my .02

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

Not a bad showing for our Jeeps but not a great one either. Someone touched it above our defense seems to be doing well but offensively I’m not really sure what we’re trying to do? We just don’t seem to have much of an identity offensively!

Good test with Minford coming up even though they seem to be struggling a bit this year. They have athletes and always play us tough. Anyone heard if the New Boston game was rescheduled yet?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

burgpirater wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:53 pm
Aren’t you the chest thumper that said Waverly didn’t have anything for the Burg and the Pirates would win by 19?

“So much for that prediction!”

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

4thgoal wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:09 pm I think SW was playing to not make the big mistakes that could lead to transition for Burg. They took themselves out of the game instead of taking chances. Just my .02
Yep, and that still resulted in repeated steals and layups by Burg as Webster endlessly passed the ball around the perimeter. Hopefully Webster's offense gets better as what we saw tonight won't play at the D4 level, let alone against SOC II teams.*

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Only losing by 10 to Burg is not a bad result at all. I wasn't there, but I'm sure the Jeeps will get their offense together. A lot of inexperience on that team right now that will get better. No need to freak out about offense. Remember, there isn't a Senior on that team. These kids are still developing

Making offers you can't refuse
Gyro-Step
Waterboy

Post by Gyro-Step »

Vito Corleone wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:13 am Only losing by 10 to Burg is not a bad result at all. I wasn't there, but I'm sure the Jeeps will get their offense together. A lot of inexperience on that team right now that will get better. No need to freak out about offense. Remember, there isn't a Senior on that team. These kids are still developing
Couldn’t have said it better, Vito. I knew the flu was going around but I didn’t know “fair weather fan syndrome” was as well? The Jeep fans need to take a step back and realize who this team is. Someone talked about this team having an “identity” and they do. It’s what you’ve seen thus far and won’t change much. It’s a team that has played at or above the level expected of them. A team that lost a ton from last year in terms of talent and experience, and a team that has one polished HS basketball player in Blevins. They have a group of juniors that are great athletes, hard nosed, and extremely coachable. But they aren’t going to give you 15-20 anytime soon. As Vito said, they have other talent on this team. But it’s not developed enough to shine consistently at the varsity level yet. Maybe that happens by tourney time? Who knows. Right now they’re young and learning how to play together. Did anyone expect them to beat Wheelersburg anyways? When does SW ever dominate Burg or when are they ever the favorites? Not too many times I’ll guarantee you that. All I’m saying is decide whether you’re for this team or against it. Too many Monday morning quarterbacks on here that I can assure you aren’t in the practices and huddles. Coaches coach, players play... you have to have the horses, remember that. Back your team!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I was at the game, and I agree with the posters who have said that SW was tentative on offense. I thought they spent too much time looking for the perfect shot, and the end result was that Shiloh Blevins just didn't have much offensive support. Blevins is really a nice player.

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

Our generation really is getting way too soft! My goodness. I said I like what our defense is doing but we don't seem to have an identity on offense. SEVERAL posters agreed. How in the world does that make any of us fair weather fans or berating kids or anything? Even trojandave one of the most respected members on here just chimed in and said offensively we looked way too tentative. He's right! Doesn't mean our kids didn't play hard.

Our Jeeps have won the games we should have won and lost the games we should have lost. Nothing more nothing less and that's not bashing our team? That's just a fact at this moment. That could change going forward! Maybe we beat Burg soon, maybe we beat Waverly or Portsmouth or somebody we probably "shouldn't". That would be awesome! If not, no worries, this forum is to offer our opinions and comments and if we want to say our offense doesn't have an identity then big whoop! Who cares? That's not bashing the kids. These are good kids and I appreciate their effort!

I guess I should have said "everyone looked awesome! We should give them all a trophy for their effort! Everything was perfect and awesome!" Give me a break!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Hey I picked Webster to win the game several weeks ago. Burg has improved drastically since they started the season. It was a close ball game several times but never seemed like the atmosphere was that of a close ball game. The good news is they don't have to wait very long to try again LOL. If Truitt didn't come out hot in the first quarter this is a very different ball game. The key to beating wheelersburg is gonna be to get one of the two off the floor by getting fouls on them then attacking.

Go Jeeps. The future is bright and glad to have all of these kids returning next year

Gyro-Step
Waterboy

Post by Gyro-Step »

Jeepnation, who’s feelings are getting hurt here? All that I said was that what you’ve seen is their identity? Coaches always have a plan even though it may not look like it out there. I don’t have a dog in the fight here, but my point was everyone is acting like SW is suppose to be amazing and I’m not seeing it... yet. SE basketball as a whole is WAY DOWN and some of the worst talent on varsity level I’ve ever seen. How’s that for real talk? The reason those kids are timid and passive is because they should be playing JV with the exception of a few. But you only have who you have.
Last edited by Gyro-Step on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gyro-Step
Waterboy

Post by Gyro-Step »

And the post wasn’t even geared towards you, young man. Im just was intrigued that all the SW diehards on here came together to question some things for the first time all year. And why after the Burg game? Where was the offensive identity against Waverly? South Point? Oak Hill? Point is the Burgs defense could’ve had something to do with it. SW was outmaned guy for guy with the exception being Blevins. Webster people get so butt hurt when they can’t beat Wheelersburg, it’s like a weird obsession. It’s been that way for a while and probably won’t change.

Return to “Boys Basketball”