Wheelersburg (2) vs Piketon (1). Thoughts?

ronm001
Freshman Team

Re: Wheelersburg (2) vs Piketon (1). Thoughts?

Post by ronm001 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:48 pm
ronm001 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:46 pm Piketon has a scrappy team but WB has athletes size and speed to boot.I love TP but WB wins big 65 to 42 TP goes for just 16.I hate to say it
Lol, c’mon man ha ha
Lol what Im not a homer

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ronm001 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:51 pm
ronm001 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:46 pm Piketon has a scrappy team but WB has athletes size and speed to boot.I love TP but WB wins big 65 to 42 TP goes for just 16.I hate to say it
Lol, c’mon man ha ha
Lol what Im not a homer
Not even a double.

Piketon 51
Wheelersburg 50

Perdue with 36, 14 in the 4th

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:57 pm

Lol, c’mon man ha ha
Lol what Im not a homer
Not even a double.

Piketon 51
Wheelersburg 50

Double?

If TP goes for 36 or 40 they could win

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ronm001 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:04 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:57 pm

Lol what Im not a homer
Not even a double.

Piketon 51
Wheelersburg 50

Double?

If TP goes for 36 or 40 they could win
Burg does have several to go at him.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

AnkleBraces wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:48 pm Burg beats northwest by 6 and 8 this year but they're going to blow out a team that averages 65 ppg. You guys are a prisoner of the moment. This one will be a game. Piketon has the best player. Burg has the best athlete. If Piketon can outrebound Alexander by 10 with a 6'9" kid then I'm sure they can hold their own against burg.

Piketon won a couple quarter against Harvest Prep in a scrimmage too so don't count your chickens yet Burg fans. This isn't football or baseball.

Really, you're going to bring up the Northwest games???? The first NW game was the first game the Burg played after winning the state football championship and they had about a week of practice, plus still had their football legs. The second game was by far the worst officiated game I've ever witnessed in all my years of watching Burg basketball. Burg was up around 20 when the refs took over and fouled out Holden, Lowery, Mullins and Dyer. Truitt was the only starter left on the floor and he hit some big FT's down the stretch. The zebras called well over 60 fouls that night and it was not a physical game other than a few plays.

By the way, the 6'9" kid from Alex was not a game changer of a player. He was getting shoved around pretty easily and he was not very aggresive on the boards. Plus, he didn't play a whole lot in the second half.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Burg is probably the favorite here, but any time you have a Tanner Perdue and a bunch of scappy kids with a chip on their collective shoulders, you have a shot.

Good luck to the Redstreaks! Play like they have all year and fight til the end.

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

Remember Perdue had 39 in a district title game as a sophomore. He is capable.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Perdue is a pretty good player but I don't think he is as good as McLaughlin from LC who Burg beat yesterday, who IMO got wore down by having to carry his team the whole game. Burg played some tough defense on him the whole game and he had to work hard for every shot and it caught up to him in the end.

If someone else can step up and take some of the load off of Perdue this could be a ball game. If not, it could be a long night for the Streaks. One player by himself will not beat this Burg team.

sputNICK7v7
Waterboy

Post by sputNICK7v7 »

Burg takes this with ease. Piketon won’t no what hit em.

Wakefield.Warrior
Riding the Bench

Post by Wakefield.Warrior »

Game of runs with Piketon getting 3-6 point win.

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

Wheelersburg has great defense. After watching both games yesterday, predict Burg wins 55-41. Regional bound baby. Win State!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

No idea about Piketon but if ater plays four corners Piketon can win. If he lets them run, they will blow them out. Case in point they extended their lead quickly when they did so against Lynchburg.

King of Pike Hill
Waterboy

Post by King of Pike Hill »

Bobby k wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:37 pm Remember Perdue had 39 in a district title game as a sophomore. He is capable.
I still think about that game to this day. Unreal.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Saw burg vs clay. Not particularly impressed with burg. Piketon in a "mild" upset.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Rooting for Piketon, but Burg will win

Making offers you can't refuse
countyscout
Waterboy

Post by countyscout »

Piketon will get aniliated.

countyscout
Waterboy

Post by countyscout »

Burg by 15-20

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

wobycat wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:54 pm No idea about Piketon but if ater plays four corners Piketon can win. If he lets them run, they will blow them out. Case in point they extended their lead quickly when they did so against Lynchburg.
Wheelersburg extended the lead against Lynchburg by creating turnovers and transition offense on missed shots, it wasn't rocket science , Lynchburg was able to set up the zone defense and dictate tempo in the first half but due to turnovers and poor shooting couldn't in 2nd, after failling behind the Mustangs had to start pressuring which was not ideal in their matchup with Wheelersburg. I kept hearing people yell RUN! from the crowd as Burg was in the Halfcourt vs a zone defense, the basketball iq of some fans in this area never ceases to entertain.

bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcats94 »

AnkleBraces wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:48 pm Burg beats northwest by 6 and 8 this year but they're going to blow out a team that averages 65 ppg. You guys are a prisoner of the moment. This one will be a game. Piketon has the best player. Burg has the best athlete. If Piketon can outrebound Alexander by 10 with a 6'9" kid then I'm sure they can hold their own against burg.

Piketon won a couple quarter against Harvest Prep in a scrimmage too so don't count your chickens yet Burg fans. This isn't football or baseball.
If your comparing Perdue (player) to Holden (athlete) I've watched each team play multiple times and Holden has a much better all around game. Perdue can score but guarded by someone with Holden's size and athletic ability wouldn't be good. McLaughlin and Holden are in a different category simply because they're 6'5 kids that are more athletic and very good shooters/ball handlers. Burg by 10.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

N2Hoops wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:06 am
wobycat wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:54 pm No idea about Piketon but if ater plays four corners Piketon can win. If he lets them run, they will blow them out. Case in point they extended their lead quickly when they did so against Lynchburg.
Wheelersburg extended the lead against Lynchburg by creating turnovers and transition offense on missed shots, it wasn't rocket science , Lynchburg was able to set up the zone defense and dictate tempo in the first half but due to turnovers and poor shooting couldn't in 2nd, after failling behind the Mustangs had to start pressuring which was not ideal in their matchup with Wheelersburg. I kept hearing people yell RUN! from the crowd as Burg was in the Halfcourt vs a zone defense, the basketball iq of some fans in this area never ceases to entertain.
Lol. You question my knowledge? Have you watched burg much? Burg is better off to not run half court sets against a zone defense. They are better at attacking the defense prior to them setting up a zone especially after a turnover or a missed shot. When you do so, you can get the defense out of position as they try to get back to their zone area. In the second half burg immediately attacked the basket. It was smart of ater to extend his defense to force turnovers but the key for them to getting a bigger lead was trying to attack early. Burg is very athletic and can dribble drive really well what they aren’t good at is the jump shot off sets. Most people believe that’s what they are good at. Harvest prep will be a different approach but for Piketon and Lynchburg o would push the ball quickly.

Return to “Boys Basketball”