2018 Ironton Head football coach

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

osu 77 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:19 am I wonder if they voted on a new Super last night or Monday?

Date and Time
April 5 2018 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Location Ironton High School Auditorium
Description Purpose or Meeting: Conduct interviews for the position of Superintendent.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

donaldtrump wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:13 pm It's final!!!!!!! Board has decided!!!!!!! Yours truly Me, Donald Trump flew into Lawrence County early this Morning and helped the Board come to a final decision on who they would hire!!!
KIM JUNG UN will officially be announced as the Fighting Tigers new Head Coach at the next Board meeting!!!!
Mr. Kim Jung UN promised there would be "NO Disciplinary Problems

Rumor has it Mr. Kim Jung has picked the great Grandson of Mao Zedong to be Offensive coordinator!!!!
Great nephew of Idi Amin to be Defensive Coach and Head trainer will be 1st cousin of Jeffrey Dahmer!!! Hannibal Dahmer!!!

YOU HAIN'T RIGHT TRIMP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'M SERIOUS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope they get this right. you can ask anyone up here. bout anywhere I go I got on a fighting tiger shirt, hat or a jacket. used to be someone would stop you and say. we played ironton back in the day n they kilt us. or I never played a team that hit me harder than ironton did, stuff like that. now I have people from valley,burg, waverly, piketon, zane trace and the like and snicker at me. course I'm kinda funny lookin and that may have a bit to do with it. but I know why,i see them look at it. and I'm like son, if you only knew bout them teams that you is too young to know anything about.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

Might as well drop Burg, it's turning into a Wellston Jackson situation almost.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Not going to happen. Ironton dominated the Burg for years and the Burg has returned the favor. This series can be competitive again if Ironton correctly addresses their programs issues. That remains to be seen at this point but I fear the worst.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

The Jokes on you You're Tiger bait!! You HAIN'T even close to being right!!! I'M serious!!!!!!!!!!!!! You still can't comprehend it's 80% talent that wins championships!! Ironton won all those years because they absorbed a lot of the talent from Lawrence County...Like Burg is doing now.You know this but you want to get on here and act likes it's the Coaching.....No School the size of Burg or Ironton could consistently put together powerhouse teams year after without absorbing some of the surrounding Schools top talents!!! Now keep stirring the pot while straddling the fence playing nice guy in all this crap!!! My god were 17 pages talking about a high School Football Coach that means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Ol woody Hayes couldn't have gotten anymore wins out of Ironton last year!!! He may have tackled a few opponents and beaten the hell out of a couple of his players but with the same results......

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:03 pm I hope they get this right. you can ask anyone up here. bout anywhere I go I got on a fighting tiger shirt, hat or a jacket. used to be someone would stop you and say. we played ironton back in the day n they kilt us. or I never played a team that hit me harder than ironton did, stuff like that. now I have people from valley,burg, waverly, piketon, zane trace and the like and snicker at me. course I'm kinda funny lookin and that may have a bit to do with it. but I know why,i see them look at it. and I'm like son, if you only knew bout them teams that you is too young to know anything about.
Baits back at it again with the flashbacks. Nobody cares about what Ironton used to be. They are more concerned with the current situation of the program. Understandably so. I’ve seen many a Fighting Tiger teams. I have lost no respect for them. But to sit and talk about days gone by is getting a little too comfortable for some people. That’s why we don’t see a thread titled “Yesteryear, Tails of the Fighting Tigers” (<see what I did there) go for more than 2 pages. While we are currently still talking about what THIS years team will produce. Time to get the heads out of your yearbooks and figure out just WTF is going on in Tigertown.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

People wanting the current program to have the success of the past is not a sin. The question is do the current players and coaches want it. A couple of years ago, after blowouts by Ashland and the Burg, I was at a game and spoke to my former teammates and players that came later about what they thought was the problem with the program. There were several different observations but there was one that everyone mentioned. They quit. When they get behind, they quit. I never thought I would hear that said about a Tiger team regardless of who was coaching. And if the former players can see it, the fans can too. So Jolly, I agree it is about the now. Is there a move to improve the program or are they just going to remain stuck in neutral

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Uncle Creepy
Waterboy

Post by Uncle Creepy »

I just saw white smoke rising ..... I think they've selected a coach

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

donaldtrump wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:51 pm The Jokes on you You're Tiger bait!! You HAIN'T even close to being right!!! I'M serious!!!!!!!!!!!!! You still can't comprehend it's 80% talent that wins championships!! Ironton won all those years because they absorbed a lot of the talent from Lawrence County...Like Burg is doing now.You know this but you want to get on here and act likes it's the Coaching.....No School the size of Burg or Ironton could consistently put together powerhouse teams year after without absorbing some of the surrounding Schools top talents!!! Now keep stirring the pot while straddling the fence playing nice guy in all this crap!!! My god were 17 pages talking about a high School Football Coach that means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Ol woody Hayes couldn't have gotten anymore wins out of Ironton last year!!! He may have tackled a few opponents and beaten the hell out of a couple of his players but with the same results......
YOU'LL GET THAT SOMETIMES DONALD.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

79Tiger wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:00 pm People wanting the current program to have the success of the past is not a sin. The question is do the current players and coaches want it. A couple of years ago, after blowouts by Ashland and the Burg, I was at a game and spoke to my former teammates and players that came later about what they thought was the problem with the program. There were several different observations but there was one that everyone mentioned. They quit. When they get behind, they quit. I never thought I would hear that said about a Tiger team regardless of who was coaching. And if the former players can see it, the fans can too. So Jolly, I agree it is about the now. Is there a move to improve the program or are they just going to remain stuck in neutral
AMEN BROTHER.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Uncle Creepy wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:12 pm I just saw white smoke rising ..... I think they've selected a coach
tell me which way the wind is blowin creep, I ain't seen it yet.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

donaldtrump wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:51 pm The Jokes on you You're Tiger bait!! You HAIN'T even close to being right!!! I'M serious!!!!!!!!!!!!! You still can't comprehend it's 80% talent that wins championships!! Ironton won all those years because they absorbed a lot of the talent from Lawrence County...Like Burg is doing now.You know this but you want to get on here and act likes it's the Coaching.....No School the size of Burg or Ironton could consistently put together powerhouse teams year after without absorbing some of the surrounding Schools top talents!!! Now keep stirring the pot while straddling the fence playing nice guy in all this crap!!! My god were 17 pages talking about a high School Football Coach that means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Ol woody Hayes couldn't have gotten anymore wins out of Ironton last year!!! He may have tackled a few opponents and beaten the hell out of a couple of his players but with the same results......
Donald, the jokes on you. you must be lost as last years easter eggs if you think for a minute anybody in southern ohio thinks that all leventy hundred of those boys in burg uniforms is from the school district of burg. let's pretend here for a moment that open enrollment has been discussed numerous times and we're all aware of it. you say it's 80% talent, so I assume the other 20% is coaching and recruiting visits. I say it's 80% coaching, and 20% kids that are willing to buy into a program and be turned into athletes. lets be honest these kids are 15-18. they barely remember what they ate for breakfast. but as burg has now, and ironton did have for 40 years. they have a coaching staff that knows how to put the right kids where they need to be.run the right schemes they have each week to best suit the level of talent they have , nor necc. the same thing every year, or even every week. ironton absorbed a series of kids that wanted to play for the chance at a college scholarship, a winning program, the coaches ironton had, and to play for a program with such tradition that the joint is full plumb to the rafters, whether they are home or away. and to play in that covered stadium where the ironton tanks played. ----------------------------- the same thing that is going on at burg now. BUT THERE IS ONE THING THAT HAS GOT KIDS TO BOTH DISTRICTS FOTR THIS REASON, AND IT'S THE COACHING. I MAY LOOK GOOFY, BUT IT'S JUST A DISGUISE. NONE OF THIS HAPPENS WITHOUT THE COACHING TO GET IT DONE. burg currently has that, ironton does not. now I know how burg must have felt up till 2007 when they couldn't beat ironton but 3 times. now that ironton is getting shelled every time we play burg. and I don't like it, and ain't gonna learn to either. but I promise you while ironton was beating trhe breaks off of the burg, we wasn't talking about ending the rivalry. I have the utmost respect for the pirates, that has to be a lil more than obvious. and the reason I do is because I watched ironton do it, and know what it takes to do it. and ironton has been to like 5/6 more state games than burg. we both have 2 state titles now. the key here is burg has been to 2 , and won each time. which is awesome, but the span was from 89 to 2017. for a while ironton was there all the time it seemed. we can play this comparing game all day long. as long as it's rainin, and I have my toenails trimmed and my sweeper bag changed. but the bottom line isd burg is doing what ironton did. and ironton wants them days back. AND IT HAIN'T GONNA HAPPEN WITHOUT A COACHING CHANGE.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:37 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:03 pm I hope they get this right. you can ask anyone up here. bout anywhere I go I got on a fighting tiger shirt, hat or a jacket. used to be someone would stop you and say. we played ironton back in the day n they kilt us. or I never played a team that hit me harder than ironton did, stuff like that. now I have people from valley,burg, waverly, piketon, zane trace and the like and snicker at me. course I'm kinda funny lookin and that may have a bit to do with it. but I know why,i see them look at it. and I'm like son, if you only knew bout them teams that you is too young to know anything about.
Baits back at it again with the flashbacks. Nobody cares about what Ironton used to be. They are more concerned with the current situation of the program. Understandably so. I’ve seen many a Fighting Tiger teams. I have lost no respect for them. But to sit and talk about days gone by is getting a little too comfortable for some people. That’s why we don’t see a thread titled “Yesteryear, Tails of the Fighting Tigers” (<see what I did there) go for more than 2 pages. While we are currently still talking about what THIS years team will produce. Time to get the heads out of your yearbooks and figure out just WTF is going on in Tigertown.
hey jolly read my response to Donnie trump.(SEE WHAT I DONE THERE)

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

YTB the reason the Burg\Ironton game WAS a good rivalry WAS because even though Ironton won the vast majority of the games the games WERE competitive. Now it's just hard to watch honestly. Both fan bases want to watch these two battle. Unfortunately recently it like watching a heavyweight fight a welterweight.... a close one until the first bell rings :(

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:02 am
Donald, the jokes on you. you must be lost as last years easter eggs if you think for a minute anybody in southern ohio thinks that all leventy hundred of those boys in burg uniforms is from the school district of burg. let's pretend here for a moment that open enrollment has been discussed numerous times and we're all aware of it. you say it's 80% talent, so I assume the other 20% is coaching and recruiting visits. I say it's 80% coaching, and 20% kids that are willing to buy into a program and be turned into athletes. lets be honest these kids are 15-18. they barely remember what they ate for breakfast. but as burg has now, and ironton did have for 40 years. they have a coaching staff that knows how to put the right kids where they need to be.run the right schemes they have each week to best suit the level of talent they have , nor necc. the same thing every year, or even every week. ironton absorbed a series of kids that wanted to play for the chance at a college scholarship, a winning program, the coaches ironton had, and to play for a program with such tradition that the joint is full plumb to the rafters, whether they are home or away. and to play in that covered stadium where the ironton tanks played. ----------------------------- the same thing that is going on at burg now. BUT THERE IS ONE THING THAT HAS GOT KIDS TO BOTH DISTRICTS FOTR THIS REASON, AND IT'S THE COACHING. I MAY LOOK GOOFY, BUT IT'S JUST A DISGUISE. NONE OF THIS HAPPENS WITHOUT THE COACHING TO GET IT DONE. burg currently has that, ironton does not. now I know how burg must have felt up till 2007 when they couldn't beat ironton but 3 times. now that ironton is getting shelled every time we play burg. and I don't like it, and ain't gonna learn to either. but I promise you while ironton was beating trhe breaks off of the burg, we wasn't talking about ending the rivalry. I have the utmost respect for the pirates, that has to be a lil more than obvious. and the reason I do is because I watched ironton do it, and know what it takes to do it. and ironton has been to like 5/6 more state games than burg. we both have 2 state titles now. the key here is burg has been to 2 , and won each time. which is awesome, but the span was from 89 to 2017. for a while ironton was there all the time it seemed. we can play this comparing game all day long. as long as it's rainin, and I have my toenails trimmed and my sweeper bag changed. but the bottom line isd burg is doing what ironton did. and ironton wants them days back. AND IT HAIN'T GONNA HAPPEN WITHOUT A COACHING CHANGE.
The games in the series lately are not even close to being competative. The years your referring to where your saying ironton dominated were for the most part very competative ball games.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Blitz wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:23 am YTB the reason the Burg\Ironton game WAS a good rivalry WAS because even though Ironton won the vast majority of the games the games WERE competitive. Now it's just hard to watch honestly. Both fan bases want to watch these two battle. Unfortunately recently it like watching a heavyweight fight a welterweight.... a close one until the first bell rings :(
I could not agree more with you blitz and nut. they are hard to watch. and ain't nobody gonna learn to like it. ironton must step back up to the plate. no matter how competitive the games were of old , some were , some weren't. the last 4/5 bur/tiger games before lutz retired were amazing games,because burg had caught up with ironton talent n coaching wise.and they generally finished with spectacular finishes.last person with the ball type situations. but you must admit if you were on the short end of the game. and were losing the vast majority of them, then you had yer gullet full of it. and that's the same way fighting tiger fans feel right now. so I gotcha and I totally agree. and it's painfully obvious the role reversal of this game, moreso than any other rivalry game they play.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:02 am
5-6 more State games than Burg, doesn’t mean squat. The span for Burgs is 17-?? What is Irontons span now? You make the backhanded comments acting like you have respect. But any chance you get, you bash. I get it. You’re butthurt.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I agree what has happened to Ironton is obvious lost a great coach replaced him with dud! Kids have lost interest in coming to Ironton while Wheelersburg continued to bring on board top notch coaches. That is why kids all over wheelersburg district want to play there.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Next BOE meeting announcement will be made. What is everyone hearing?

Return to “Football”