Jackson 35 - 15 Wheelersburg

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: WK5 JACKSON. vs THA BURG ‘19

Post by wobycat »

Congrats to Jackson they were the better team tonight. Typical fans piling on burg when they aren’t as strong this year. Very weak minded. Good luck to Jackson in playoffs. If I were them, I’d work on the pass game. They will need it soon the road.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

CharliesBucks721 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:31 pm
JTEK wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:05 pm All we heard was how strong and fast this burg team was and that may be but they don’t have enough football players
Yup. The wheelersburg fans have been hyping it all season. Burg is mediocre at best this year. Halfway mark of the reg season, still winless vs Ohio schools.

Nice win Jackson! Just manhandled Burg tonight.

Burg will need to win out to get in the playoffs. Big points for Jackson tonight so pretty much locked up a playoff spot. Tough region they are in with Hartley, Jonathan Alder, Columbus South.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Sportsfan32 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:32 pm
countywide35 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:18 pm
burgfella69 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:23 pm After seeing this performance by Burg, I’m gonna say burg finishes 6-4 and doesn’t win the SOC. I’ve been optimistic this whole time but tonight it was hard to watch.

Jackson a pretty good football team. Tha burg don’t need to feel their season is over because of what happened tonight against the Ironmen. was this the first week Mathews back ??
No, Matthews came back week 3 against Ashland and he was the main reason Burg beat them. Big 4th down catch to extend game in late 4th quarter and punched in game-tying TD in overtime

Ok. I thought that sounded about right. But wanted to make sure before giving our defense kudos for shutting him down. He’s a fine athlete. Burg is a good ball club. Jackson is just better this year. Finally. It’s been a long four years for us watching our tails get kicked. Wish nothing but the best forntha burg heading to the second of the season. And was great crowd to watch storied programs under the lights of Friday night. Don’t care what anyone else says. Jackson Alumni stadium hands down is the nicest football facility around.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:35 pm That was difficult to watch. No enthusiasm, no desire. They didn't act like they even wanted to be on the field. They have no leader. No one has stepped up to take the reins. Jackson is no better than Ashland and they moved the ball up and down the field against them. Could be 4-6 if they don't start playing like they did against Ashland every Friday for the rest of the season.

Don’t take shots at Jackson man. Jackson could’ve been waking won 42-2 .

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

fbnut wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:23 pm
PirateBB wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:10 pm
JTEK wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:05 pm All we heard was how strong and fast this burg team was and that may be but they don’t have enough football players
Agree. All year I’ve heard that this is the fastest and strongest team that Burg has ever had. I guess I’m just not seeing it so far.

Hoping Burg can play well and get their first Ohio Win next week against 5-0 Minford.

GO BURG!!!
This team can’t tackle
1 playmaker on offense
Sounds like a lot has changed in the 2 years since that state championship defense. When you hear about a lack of toughness and tackling, makes you wonder what happened.

Also sounds like the Burg needs to think about re-opening the QB competition after that showing against Jackson.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

No surprise the outcome might be a bit surprised by the score but Jackson is simply the better team this year. Time for SOC play for burg and see how it unfolds.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Congratulations Ironmen on your dominant win tonight. You guys came in with a great game plan and executed it. Good luck with the rest of your season. Hope you finish 10-0 and make a deep playoff run.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:37 pm
CharliesBucks721 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:31 pm
Yup. The wheelersburg fans have been hyping it all season. Burg is mediocre at best this year. Halfway mark of the reg season, still winless vs Ohio schools.

Nice win Jackson! Just manhandled Burg tonight.

Burg will need to win out to get in the playoffs. Big points for Jackson tonight so pretty much locked up a playoff spot. Tough region they are in with Hartley, Jonathan Alder, Columbus South.
It's a tough region but I wouldn't count Jackson out. Hartley got beat tonight by Massie. Massie doesn't do anything fancy, just a hard-nosed team that plays old-fashioned power football.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:37 pm Congrats to Jackson they were the better team tonight. Typical fans piling on burg when they aren’t as strong this year. Very weak minded. Good luck to Jackson in playoffs. If I were them, I’d work on the pass game. They will need it soon the road.
Do you think people are saying things that aren’t true or do you think people shouldn’t be critical period?
Last edited by fbnut on Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Realfax
Waterboy

Post by Realfax »

Update-Burg coaching staff still needs to get things figured out. Wouldn’t be surprised if minford puts up a good game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:37 pm Congrats to Jackson they were the better team tonight. Typical fans piling on burg when they aren’t as strong this year. Very weak minded. Good luck to Jackson in playoffs. If I were them, I’d work on the pass game. They will need it soon the road.
It’s there. A top receiver is out and we didn’t try much tonight on the pass. Had great passes to Spires for a potential TD that was dropped/defended nicely and one called back. It’s there way more you saw tonight....but yes improvement is needed for a deep playoff run.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Realfax wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:08 pm Update-Burg coaching staff still needs to get things figured out. Wouldn’t be surprised if minford puts up a good game.
Maybe but Minford barely held off a weak East Clinton team

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:09 pm
It’s there. A top receiver is out and we didn’t try much tonight on the pass. Had great passes to Spires for a potential TD that was dropped/defended nicely and one called back. It’s there way more you saw tonight....but yes improvement is needed for a deep playoff run.
Didn’t need to do anymore
Why show show anything when you do t have too
Nice win
Good luck the rest of the season

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

fbnut wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:04 pm Do you think people are saying things that aren’t true or do you think people shouldn’t be critical period?
Burg fans bring it on themselves

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:12 pm
fbnut wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:04 pm Do you think people are saying things that aren’t true or do you think people shouldn’t be critical period?
See that’s what I’m talking about. I completely disagree. They’ve been highly respectful on this entire thread.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:12 pm
I agree

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fbnut wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:11 pm
Didn’t need to do anymore
Why show show anything when you do t have too
Nice win
Good luck the rest of the season
Because they didn’t look good when they did pass. They’ve got to open it up. Jackson is in one of the toughest regions in the state. They’ve got a really good team but they will face teams that can handle their run.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Realfax wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:08 pm Update-Burg coaching staff still needs to get things figured out. Wouldn’t be surprised if minford puts up a good game.
Maybe but Minford barely held off a weak East Clinton team
Not really shocked by the Minford score I was curious if that could be a trap game for Minford with burg right around the corner.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Minford is a good team. Burg needs to re work some things.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I see no reasons to bash Burg on this thread.

Burg gets everyone’s best shot. They are about 8 of their opponents’ Super Bowl game for the season. Most are so envious, Jackson fans included. I don’t live and die on Burg threads but I don’t see any reason why people get so bothered about Burg. The Pirates need to clean things up a bit but I sit here and expect them to not even consider folding and run the table....but 3 more pretty good teams are going to really be wanting to beat them so they must continue to be ready for everyone’s best shot.

Return to “Football”