Waverly 38 - 22 Minford

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Re: WK9 Minford @ Waverly

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Keep hearing about Shanks and Shoemaker...well, Voglesong-Lewis and Risner are a pretty talented tandem too! Minford bounces back from a stale performance against OH, with the better defense, to beat the Tigers by 10.

JustMyObservation
Waterboy

Post by JustMyObservation »

smurray wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:53 pm
BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:40 pm
Sports-nut wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:58 pm

The same reason that Horsley is playing with an injured ankle.
No where close to the same injury, Horsley can actually move
Not close to same injury Horsley had.
If someone on here doesn’t know what the injury is we surely aren’t telling you.
If he is able to go with the pain that decision is his. The only issue is the risk of injuring something else.
If he is able to go he will go - backup QB at this point cannot run that same offense. No knock at all on the backup, he just wasn’t/isn’t ready at this point in his young HS career.
Someone mentioned Will Futhey as the backup QB. At this point that option appears to have not been considered or worked on...

I don’t think we will say one way or the other what we know about Shanks being ready to go or not for this one. You’ll find out Friday.
Thanks for that insight!

JustMyObservation
Waterboy

Post by JustMyObservation »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:09 pm
Tiger Dad 2021 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:37 pm Shanks is fine. He will go at practice tomorrow. I talked to him
Fine hu?? He won't be fine for awhile, you simply mean he's going to push on through, honestly he's come this far and I hope he can push through without further injury. My worry is come playoff time when a team gets after him, obviously Waverly is throwing the quick stuff. Once the competition amps up and a team can put quick pressure what is going to happen?? So far no team has really just got to him in the pocket on a regular basis.
I think we all saw that. This team could go a lot farther with him being mobile and evading the rush! Two of the big hits he took during the Wheelersburg game for loss would of been a scramble by any other quarterback in the league for good yardage. You watched him crumble another time protecting himself because he can’t move without any real contact. At the very least you would need a MAC conference level line to protect him the way he needs.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:26 am Keep hearing about Shanks and Shoemaker...well, Voglesong-Lewis and Risner are a pretty talented tandem too! Minford bounces back from a stale performance against OH, with the better defense, to beat the Tigers by 10.
Ur talking about a QB and receiver. Shanks QB with goods receivers and shoemaker RB. With a healthy shanks you got to play side line to sideline with shoemaker he is a smaller back that’s quick, fast and slippery and bounces off tacklers. He also read blocks well and patiences behind blockers!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

14U wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:35 am
Bobbbbbb wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:26 am Keep hearing about Shanks and Shoemaker...well, Voglesong-Lewis and Risner are a pretty talented tandem too! Minford bounces back from a stale performance against OH, with the better defense, to beat the Tigers by 10.
Ur talking about a QB and receiver. Shanks QB with goods receivers and shoemaker RB. With a healthy shanks you got to play side line to sideline with shoemaker he is a smaller back that’s quick, fast and slippery and bounces off tacklers. He also read blocks well and patiences behind blockers!
Shanks played fine against burg. Passed the ball well. Hes a real talent, but he’s only being set up for something worse that actually could hinder his playing career. I don’t think waverly does any better with him being mobile in that game, especially how they run their offense, but his health should be number one. I think he’s going to make a really good college quarterback. His deep ball is really good.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:57 am
14U wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:35 am
Shanks played fine against burg. Passed the ball well. Hes a real talent, but he’s only being set up for something worse that actually could hinder his playing career. I don’t think waverly does any better with him being mobile in that game, especially how they run their offense, but his health should be number one. I think he’s going to make a really good college quarterback. His deep ball is really good.
I agree. Not being from waverly you can see how well he throws the ball and the team gathers around him. With the 1 2 punch their offense is hard to defend but with him in there just the threat to pass with the run is huge! If he does play and nobody open just throw it away or sit down don’t take a hit.

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:41 pm Actually minford will get back to work and waverly will have the post burg syndrome , I like
Minford in the upset
Post Burg Syndrome is a good call. However, Oak Hill gets throttled by Burg and upsets Minford the next week.
Last year Burg throttles Waverly and they come back with a big win vs. a good West team.
In the last two years, Waverly plays well after a loss. I think the focus of details after you lose can be a good thing?

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Shoedaddy wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:05 am
Poo Bear wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:41 pm Actually minford will get back to work and waverly will have the post burg syndrome , I like
Minford in the upset
Post Burg Syndrome is a good call. However, Oak Hill gets throttled by Burg and upsets Minford the next week.
Last year Burg throttles Waverly and they come back with a big win vs. a good West team.
In the last two years, Waverly plays well after a loss. I think the focus of details after you lose can be a good thing?
In all honesty I think that Waverly's poor defense will prevent them from winning this game. MInford lost to Burg by one, Waverly lost by 14...

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:15 pm
Minford in the upset
In all honesty I think that Waverly's poor defense will prevent them from winning this game. MInford lost to Burg by one, Waverly lost by 14...
Could very well be true, but let's be honest Minford's offense has gone dormant since league play started. They are going to have to turn it around in this one if they think they have any shot at Waverly on senior night. Burg beat Oak Hill 55-0 and Minford lost to Oak Hill 17-14.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Minford in the upset
Yeah, that means Waverly should lose by 13.

Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:18 pm

Yeah, that means Waverly should lose by 13.
I think you will be very wrong. The burg fans all say they played a game that was much better against Waverly then Minford. To out score the tigers your defense will have to be perfect. You may score on the Tigers, but we will score too. I think Tigers win, but if Minford can win it will be more than 1 score

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Calpreps waverly 34 minford 21

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:19 pm Calpreps waverly 34 minford 21
Sounds alot better

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Tiger Dad 2021 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:31 pm
Sounds alot better
Although 9, 2 and the RB are good, I’m not sure minford has enough fire power to out score waverly. Waverly skill in the passing game is significantly better than anything minford has played. IMHO, game will be won and or lost in the trenches. If waverly has time to throw, this could get ugly....

“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:42 pm
Tiger Dad 2021 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:31 pm
Sounds alot better
Although 9, 2 and the RB are good, I’m not sure minford has enough fire power to out score waverly. Waverly skill in the passing game is significantly better than anything minford has played. IMHO, game will be won and or lost in the trenches. If waverly has time to throw, this could get ugly....
And same can be said about minford. If 2 has time, he will pick that d apart

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I'll take waverly 22 to 21 in o.t. when minford runs a dive for the 2 point conversion.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

packers80 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:15 pm I'll take waverly 22 to 21 in o.t. when minford runs a dive for the 2 point conversion.
😆🤣

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Minford in the upset
Did Burg use the same offense against Minford as they did against Waverly?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The Flush wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:25 pm

Waverly made absolutely no defensive adjustment in the second half against Wheelersburg. They basically ran the same formation/same play over and over and over in the second half.
Not sure it matters what Wheelersburg ran against Minford. The Falcons won’t be defending that offense again.
Last edited by smurray on Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

The Flush wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:25 pm

Same offense. Different personnel. Horsely at qb until his injury they threw more.

Return to “Football”