Ridgewood v Portsmouth

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: WK11: #7 Portsmouth Trojans(8-2) @ #2 Ridgewood Generals 10-0

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:00 am I think it's time for Mr. Parker go the F@#k off and run for about 300yds and about 5 TDs. Just to remind everybody what kind of great athlete he is. If they need any reminding. LOL Those Generals may have heard of him but they are getting ready to have a first row seat to the back of his jersey. Let's Go Trojans!!!

I think this could happen as well.

IDT, P-Town coaching has any other choice but utilize Parker in that manner.
Unless, they get into the first couple of possessions and see something they can optimize with P-Town QB.
He was pretty good and was able to be mobile for a minute amongst the aggressive Ironton D.

If WLR’s D isn’t as tenacious as the Defense P-Town just faced, they may be able to sense that amongst the players and coaches and spread the field quickly.
P-Town has some athletes to get it done.
You could see they wanted to utilize Parker more Friday In Ironton , but it backfired.

I have no doubts WLR wants to win the region.

I also have no doubts P-Town, Ironton, WB, & Minford also want that opportunity and opportunity for as many SEO Re-Matches In region 19 post season play to make the biggest statement as possible!!!

This is SEO OPPORTUNITY to send a message that we are alive and well and have the teams to go the distance !!

I so hope that 15 games is in the future for one of our teams!!

SEO REP 19!!!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I agree I think Ironton defense has is one of the best I’ve seen in a long time. If the Trojans practice hard and have a good game plan this game may be closer than what people say. I don’t know much about Ridgewood but I can’t see there defense being much better than what the Trojans just saw.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Tall task for the Trojans but hopefully they can pull the upset. Go Trojans!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: #7 Portsmouth Trojans(7-3) @ #2 Ridgewood Generals 10-0

Post by Mad-Dogg »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:28 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:26 pm This could be a VERY long night for the trojans
Yeah, I knew they were probably really good, but Drew apparently thinks they are week 15 good.
yes they could very easily be playin kirtland in the state finals

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ironton and Ridgewood are the class of the region. Good luck to all local teams.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:10 am
portsmouth_98 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:59 am
Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:41 am It appears to me the Trojan defense is very suspect at best.
They are undersized, we have some hitters and can cut the corners and cover receivers decently, but we have nothing for teams with big lines and power backs, even Rock Hill who finished near the bottom of our league moved the ball on us.
Yeah from what I’ve seen from scores. Teams they should’ve been blowing out they weren’t.
Well, Valley was the better team top to bottom in the first game, Parker just willed us to victory, since then we've had some young players step up and they have had injury after injury this season. As mentioned previously Rock Hill was bigger and stronger than we were and just bullied us for their points. Gallia and Ironton were just better teams.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck to the Trojans.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:42 am Wasn’t Ridgewood a run only team when they played burg a few times? It looks like they have a totally different offense. I’ll be making the 3 hour drive. I look forward to it. Win or lose the Trojans will play hard and have a lot to be proud about.
I agree their offense kind of looks like Burgs offense

Burg grad 85
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:13 am Ironton and Ridgewood are the class of the region. Good luck to all local teams.
Not so fast my friend! I would never underestimate Wheelersburg even if people think that the Burg is down this year they are still very good and have gotten a lot better as the season went and Burgs coaching staff is really good if not the best in southern Ohio. But good luck to Portsmouth in this game and safe travels hope for an injury free game for both teams!

Burg grad 85
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:58 am I agree I think Ironton defense has is one of the best I’ve seen in a long time. If the Trojans practice hard and have a good game plan this game may be closer than what people say. I don’t know much about Ridgewood but I can’t see there defense being much better than what the Trojans just saw.
It's not better than Irontons defense and good luck Portsmouth

Burg grad 85
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

scott1297 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:37 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:13 am Ironton and Ridgewood are the class of the region. Good luck to all local teams.
Not so fast my friend! I would never underestimate Wheelersburg even if people think that the Burg is down this year they are still very good and have gotten a lot better as the season went and Burgs coaching staff is really good if not the best in southern Ohio. But good luck to Portsmouth in this game and safe travels hope for an injury free game for both teams!
Burg is good but I feel those other two teams are on another level. Burg is playing better but a lot of that had to do with a brutal first 5 games and a much easier second 5. Ironton is peaking also and I hope we see a rematch

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:16 am Ridgewood’s quarterback is nothing short of impressive. Kid is one of the best small school quarterbacks in the state. Trust me.

Talyn Parker is a phenom.

I got Ridgewood by 20, but if Portsmouth’s D can do just enough (they may not) and if the Trojans can get some production out of Parker than it may be closer than the experts think.
That's probably a pretty fair assessment, we are definitely a flawed team but not as bad as some people on these boards make us out to be. I think if they are a spread team we might match up better than we would against Ironton and Burg. Ironton was able to pass but we were forced to load the box against their running attack. Our pass defense isn't stellar but we have some players and generally don't get burned by speed or commit penalties so there is some hope we can cover ok. I would say 3 scores is probably a good place to start the line.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Well not to completely hijack the thread but my 2 cents are that Ironton is still better and more Physical then Burg at this point in the season. On the other hand, I'm smart enough to know that betting against Rob Woodward is a good way to go broke quick. That guy is the closest thing I've seen to Bob Lutz for mid game and mid season adjustments.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:42 pm
Burg is good but I feel those other two teams are on another level. Burg is playing better but a lot of that had to do with a brutal first 5 games and a much easier second 5. Ironton is peaking also and I hope we see a rematch
That’s a fair statement considering they are 1-2 in region. Burg is playing a ton better but they will have to prove they belong by winning the region. I watched some clips on ridgewood. I think Portsmouth can defend the spread attack but can they put points on the board? Portsmouth can make this interesting

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:48 pm

That’s a fair statement considering they are 1-2 in region. Burg is playing a ton better but they will have to prove they belong by winning the region. I watched some clips on ridgewood. I think Portsmouth can defend the spread attack but can they put points on the board? Portsmouth can make this interesting

Where would Wheelersburg and Ridgewood play ?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I've watched Ridgewood over the years, they are always a very well coached team, you will have to play better to beat them, they very rarely ever beat themselves. Trojans, you very much deserve to be here, the odds may a little tough, but I have no doubt that all of SEO will be pulling for you, and that you will give an all out effort.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Go Portsmouth

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

It's refreshing to finally see a thread with "both teams that are playing" talking with confidence and not cockiness and keeping it respectfully.

Sounds like Ridgewood is a very good team with some good athletes , Portsmouth also has some great skill players in Parker , Purdy , Roe and a few others , Portsmouth problem all year as stated is Defense , if they play like they did at Fairland we could very well be in the game .

Best of luck to both teams and hope everyone stays healthy.

I will comment on burg and Ironton on their thread s

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:52 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:48 pm

Where would Wheelersburg and Ridgewood play ?
They played a few years back and played it at Logan high school. But when burg played coshocton they played that game at Athens. I say that because coshocton is 5 miles down the road from West Lafayette. So I’d say one of those two sites.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Probably Athens or Logan. The other week 12 game in the region could be Chillicothe. Also Waterford vs Harvest Prep could get Athens or Logan

Return to “Football”