WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

BigGuy10
Varsity

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by BigGuy10 »

Chillicothe would be an ideal location. But another possibility could be Teays Valley. 30 minutes from Bloom Carroll and around 50 for Waverly.

However, Teays Valley and Bloom Carroll are in the same league so not sure if they would let the game be played there or not

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Clinton Massie lost to Valley View tonight. Anything can happen in the playoffs if you believe! If Waverly plays with the intensity vs Bloom Carroll that they played with tonight, they will be playing in the regional final in a couple weeks. Way to go Tigers!!

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Tiger Dad 2021 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:12 pm When will we offically know game location.

Will Waverly get the home blechers being the high seed

I think Bloom Carroll will now take over the #2 seed because they beat 2 seed Indian Valley and Waverly is the 3 so i believe B.C. will be home team if i remember correctly.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tiger Dad 2021 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:48 pm Anyone have the final stats
I’ll post em here soon.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

fine year for the boys in blue. congratulations to the blue devils. and congratulations to the waverly tigers for winning and advancing. my 2 favorite tiger teams are moving on.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Defensive Statistics

Defensive Statistics (Final)
The Automated ScoreBook
Gallia Blue Devils vs Waverly Tigers (Nov 09, 2019 at Waverly High School)

Gallia Blue Devils
## Player Solo Ast Tot TFL/Yds FF FR-Yd Intc BrUp Blkd Sack/Yds QH
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
34 Cade Roberts 5 . 5.0 . . . . . . . .
12 Trent Johnson 5 . 5.0 . . . . . . . .
6 Ryan Donovsky 4 . 4.0 . . . . . . . .
2 Ben Cox 3 . 3.0 . . . . . . . .
20 Michael Beasy 3 . 3.0 . . . . . . . .
4 Cameron Webb 2 1 2.5 . . . . 1 . . .
69 Mason Angel 2 1 2.5 . . . . . . . .
14 Grant Bryan 2 . 2.0 1.0/2 . . . . . . .
56 Cole Rose 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .
51 Garrison Garnes 1 . 1.0 . . 1-0 . . . . .
58 Trent Meadows 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .
61 61 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .
74 Dakota McCoy 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .
13 Zach Belville 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .
5 Noah Vanco 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .
1 Briar Williams 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .

Waverly Tigers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 P Shoemaker 6 . 6.0 2.0/7 . . 1-50 . . . .
4 JT Barnett 5 2 6.0 2.0/17 . . . . . 1.0/15 .
22 Dakota Swepston 5 1 5.5 0.5/4 . 1-0 . . . 0.5/4 .
10 Mark Stulley 5 . 5.0 1.0/2 . . 1-45 . . . .
2 Zeke Brown 4 1 4.5 1.0/1 . . 2-44 . . . .
9 Penn Morrison 4 . 4.0 . . . . 1 . . .
11 Cai Marquez 3 1 3.5 . . . . . . . .
6 Will Futhey 3 1 3.5 . . . . 1 . . .
8 Wyatt Crabtree 3 . 3.0 1.0/8 . . . . . 1.0/8 .
7 Jaxson Poe 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .
14 Peyton Harris 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .
62 Kenny Cydrus . 1 0.5 0.5/4 . . . . . 0.5/4 .
21 D Shoemaker . 1 0.5 . . . . . . . .

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Tiger Dad 2021 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:10 pm We was on the other side of the running clock ourselves in the past and it sucks. I seen alot of emotions from GA. 2nd half a great stop and GA players got all fired up. I loved it! I am glad to see the Win finally adyer 3 hard years in the playoffs

It is very sad about the play to pay and having to worry about attendance instead of what the team needs.

So I had not heard about the Armstrong boy before last week, I heard the hype of how much talet he has. Did he truly play on a Torn MCL?? I was hoping to see his bust something out.
Yeah I had heard MCL, now I don't know if it was a sprain or tear, seen he had a brace on the knee and they were trying to save him early on until they seen the offense was going know where without him. Seemed to be cutting around like it wasn't a tear though. Looks like if healthy he's got the makings of a really good back. Just to much dancing and cutbacks that weren't there, the OC wasn't doing Gallia any favors but the backs can't keep cutting around and going backwards like they did. Up front Gallia simply couldn't block Waverly whether it was running down or pass blocking. I think 1st half gallia crossed the 50, once or twice, went to this game expecting a really good game and walked away wondering how did they hit 9 wins. Talent seems to be there but I do believe there's a lack of coaching and that's not a knock on the gallia staff but from what I witnessed there was just a lot of fundamental things to the game that gallia lacked last night.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:44 am
Tiger Dad 2021 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:10 pm We was on the other side of the running clock ourselves in the past and it sucks. I seen alot of emotions from GA. 2nd half a great stop and GA players got all fired up. I loved it! I am glad to see the Win finally adyer 3 hard years in the playoffs

It is very sad about the play to pay and having to worry about attendance instead of what the team needs.

So I had not heard about the Armstrong boy before last week, I heard the hype of how much talet he has. Did he truly play on a Torn MCL?? I was hoping to see his bust something out.
Yeah I had heard MCL, now I don't know if it was a sprain or tear, seen he had a brace on the knee and they were trying to save him early on until they seen the offense was going know where without him. Seemed to be cutting around like it wasn't a tear though. Looks like if healthy he's got the makings of a really good back. Just to much dancing and cutbacks that weren't there, the OC wasn't doing Gallia any favors but the backs can't keep cutting around and going backwards like they did. Up front Gallia simply couldn't block Waverly whether it was running down or pass blocking. I think 1st half gallia crossed the 50, once or twice, went to this game expecting a really good game and walked away wondering how did they hit 9 wins. Talent seems to be there but I do believe there's a lack of coaching and that's not a knock on the gallia staff but from what I witnessed there was just a lot of fundamental things to the game that gallia lacked last night.

I’ve went to a few gallia games this year there playcalling is to basic especially if you’ve been watching film on them I just feel like they have way to many players to not score a point. But they never really mix it up run up the middle or screen pass

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:06 am

I’ve went to a few gallia games this year there playcalling is to basic especially if you’ve been watching film on them I just feel like they have way to many players to not score a point. But they never really mix it up run up the middle or screen pass
I'd say last night they ran a combination of about 6-8 plays which isn't a bad thing if you're getting the yards. Half of those plays those were sideline to sideline stuff and Waverly's defense was just entirely to fast for it. Maybe they were trying to use what Burg did in that 2nd half but the line for Gallia isn't physical enough to stop penetration on jet sweeps and they were unable to hold the edge unless they actually held. #1 nice little player for Gallia showed a lot of heart as he was taking quite a few hits last night.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:11 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:06 am

I'd say last night they ran a combination of about 6-8 plays which isn't a bad thing if you're getting the yards. Half of those plays those were sideline to sideline stuff and Waverly's defense was just entirely to fast for it. Maybe they were trying to use what Burg did in that 2nd half but the line for Gallia isn't physical enough to stop penetration on jet sweeps and they were unable to hold the edge unless they actually held. #1 nice little player for Gallia showed a lot of heart as he was taking quite a few hits last night.

#1 is the Williamson kid he has good speed and is tough kid gallia been running the same plays two years in a row that jet sweep is a joke I mean I get it you have a bunch of fast kids run it every once in a while but they run that play 10 times a game then wr screen and your right it’s just all sideline to sideline stuff.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Always Williams or Woodson on a jet sweep

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Rvfan wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:08 pm
svac83 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:03 pm I am not sure Gallia academy schedule is going to get a lot better we will see. Jackson doesn’t want to play Gallia academy. So that gene is out. Gallia academy has to have at least 2 games every year that they have great football attendance for. The schedule was made so one year you got river valley and meigs at home and one year you get ironton and what was Jackson and is now Point pleasant

Gallia academy’s athletic programs are totally self supporting they get no money out of the school districts general fund. It is part of the reason they have to have pay for play.

For years Gallia academy was lucky to have 200 people at a basketball game so football basically had to provide the money for every other sport.

I am hoping even though loveday is gone that people in general are just back behind the program if that is the case they may be able to schedule better in football if not they will have to schedule a team that will bring a big crowd no matter the level of competition.

It kills me when people talk about this and that and don’t look at the whole reason for the schedule. And yes when football went down here the whole athletic budget was on life support.
Jackson and RV won't play them bc of other issues, not bc they don't want too. GA has been pay to play for 25+ years. It used to be $50 per kid, was $90 last I heard. Where does all the $$ go?
I haven’t seen the numbers in several years. But in 2013. The $90 per kid did not even cover the transportation cost of all the various teams to there games. Now I am sure joining the OVC and local non conference games has helped that.

I understand river valley and Jackson have issues why they don’t want to play Gallia academy. All I stated is why Gallia wanted those teams on there schedule. I was not on here discussing why those games would not be played.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

This is the difference in conferences SOC vs OVC. SOC play up and tough non conference games and the OVC doesn’t and it shows. Just look at how both conferences fared. Wish two didn’t play against each other or maybe had three advancing. Ironton hands down is best in the OVC this year, or in a league of their own! OVC is a basketball conference and makes good runs.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I feel it’s a mentality thing seems to me there fine with winning the easy games in regular season and not going far in that playoffs. That’s why I’m starting to think ironton needs out of the ovc. Not because they win it every year bc they don’t. I’d try to go with the Notre same move and be independent in football ovc for other sports. Ironton isn’t the same division 3 power they were back in the day but the kids they have coming up the next few years Will be able to compete with better competition than the ovc. I’d still keep Portsmouth and gallia tho but I’d add Some of the other old seaol teams to maybe Logan and jackson

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:28 am
Tiger Dad 2021 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:12 pm When will we offically know game location.

I think Bloom Carroll will now take over the #2 seed because they beat 2 seed Indian Valley and Waverly is the 3 so i believe B.C. will be home team if i remember correctly.
The higher seed is the home team and the lower seed in the vistors. So Waverly being the #3 Seed will be the home team and Bloom Carroll being the #7 will be vistors. Rebracketing takes place at State Semi Finals and OHSAA determines who the Home and Vistors are.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

bsee12345 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:54 am
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:28 am

The higher seed is the home team and the lower seed in the vistors. So Waverly being the #3 Seed will be the home team and Bloom Carroll being the #7 will be vistors. Rebracketing takes place at State Semi Finals and OHSAA determines who the Home and Vistors are.
I think round 2 they go by how many tickets are sold to make difference who is home or away. That’s how the OHSAA has done in the past.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:50 am I feel it’s a mentality thing seems to me there fine with winning the easy games in regular season and not going far in that playoffs. That’s why I’m starting to think ironton needs out of the ovc. Not because they win it every year bc they don’t. I’d try to go with the Notre same move and be independent in football ovc for other sports. Ironton isn’t the same division 3 power they were back in the day but the kids they have coming up the next few years Will be able to compete with better competition than the ovc. I’d still keep Portsmouth and gallia tho but I’d add Some of the other old seaol teams to maybe Logan and jackson

Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

smurray wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:39 am Defensive Statistics

Defensive Statistics (Final)
The Automated ScoreBook

Gallia Blue Devils
34 Cade Roberts 5 . 5.0 . . . . . . . .
12 Trent Johnson 5 . 5.0 . . . . . . . .
6 Ryan Donovsky 4 . 4.0 . . . . . . . .
2 Ben Cox 3 . 3.0 . . . . . . . .
20 Michael Beasy 3 . 3.0 . . . . . . . .
4 Cameron Webb 2 1 2.5 . . . . 1 . . .
69 Mason Angel 2 1 2.5 . . . . . . . .
14 Grant Bryan 2 . 2.0 1.0/2 . . . . . . .
56 Cole Rose 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .
51 Garrison Garnes 1 . 1.0 . . 1-0 . . . . .
58 Trent Meadows 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .
61 61 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .
74 Dakota McCoy 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .
13 Zach Belville 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .
5 Noah Vanco 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .
1 Briar Williams 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .

Waverly Tigers
1 P Shoemaker 6 . 6.0 2.0/7 . . 1-50 . . . .
4 JT Barnett 5 2 6.0 2.0/17 . . . . . 1.0/15 .
22 Dakota Swepston 5 1 5.5 0.5/4 . 1-0 . . . 0.5/4 .
10 Mark Stulley 5 . 5.0 1.0/2 . . 1-45 . . . .
2 Zeke Brown 4 1 4.5 1.0/1 . . 2-44 . . . .
9 Penn Morrison 4 . 4.0 . . . . 1 . . .
11 Cai Marquez 3 1 3.5 . . . . . . . .
6 Will Futhey 3 1 3.5 . . . . 1 . . .
8 Wyatt Crabtree 3 . 3.0 1.0/8 . . . . . 1.0/8 .
7 Jaxson Poe 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .
14 Peyton Harris 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .
62 Kenny Cydrus . 1 0.5 0.5/4 . . . . . 0.5/4 .
21 D Shoemaker . 1 0.5 . . . . . . . .

I am looking for yardage. How many did Shoe have?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Team Statistics

Team Statistics (Final)
The Automated ScoreBook

GALLIA WAVERLY

FIRST DOWNS................... 14 16
Rushing..................... 6 6
Passing..................... 7 7
Penalty..................... 1 3
NET YARDS RUSHING............. 67 182
Rushing Attempts............ 29 28
Average Per Rush............ 2.3 6.5
Rushing Touchdowns.......... 0 4
Yards Gained Rushing........ 121 184
Yards Lost Rushing.......... 54 2
NET YARDS PASSING............. 197 166
Completions-Attempts-Int.... 14-27-4 12-18-0
Average Per Attempt......... 7.3 9.2
Average Per Completion...... 14.1 13.8
Passing Touchdowns.......... 0 1
TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS........... 264 348
Total offense plays......... 56 46
Average Gain Per Play....... 4.7 7.6
Fumbles: Number-Lost.......... 1-1 1-1
Penalties: Number-Yards....... 12-85 3-20
PUNTS-YARDS................... 5-169 2-80
Average Yards Per Punt...... 33.8 40.0
Net Yards Per Punt.......... 31.2 40.0
Inside 20................... 0 1
50+ Yards................... 0 1
Touchbacks.................. 0 0
Fair catch.................. 1 0
KICKOFFS-YARDS................ 1-15 6-310
Average Yards Per Kickoff... 15.0 51.7
Net Yards Per Kickoff....... 15.0 36.3
Touchbacks.................. 0 2
Punt returns: Number-Yards-TD. 0-0-0 1-13-0
Average Per Return.......... 0.0 13.0
Kickoff returns: Number-Yds-TD 3-52-0 1-0-0
Average Per Return.......... 17.3 0.0
Interceptions: Number-Yds-TD.. 0-0-0 4-139-1
Fumble Returns: Number-Yds-TD. 0-0-0 0-0-0
Miscellaneous Yards........... 0 0
Possession Time............... 27:56 20:04
1st Quarter................. 7:37 4:23
2nd Quarter................. 9:01 2:59
3rd Quarter................. 6:15 5:45
4th Quarter................. 5:03 6:57
Third-Down Conversions........ 4 of 12 2 of 7
Fourth-Down Conversions....... 1 of 2 1 of 3
Red-Zone Scores-Chances....... 0-1 3-5
Sacks By: Number-Yards........ 0-0 3-31
PAT Kicks..................... 0-0 2-4
Field Goals................... 0-0 0-0

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Individual Statistics

Individual Statistics (Final)
The Automated ScoreBook

Gallia Blue Devils

Rushing No Gain Loss Net TD Lg Avg
--------------------------------------------
James Armstrong 13 76 3 73 0 18 5.6
Michael Beasy 10 38 18 20 0 22 2.0
Briar Williams 3 7 2 5 0 4 1.7
Noah Vanco 3 0 31 -31 0 0 -10.3
Totals... 29 121 54 67 0 22 2.3

Passing Att-Cmp-Int Yds TD Long Sack
Noah Vanco 27-14-4 197 0 43 3
Totals... 27-14-4 197 0 43 3

Receiving No. Yds TD Long
-----------------------------------
Briar Williams 7 106 0 43
Cade Roberts 5 34 0 12
Ryan Donovsky 1 34 0 34
Michael Beasy 1 23 0 23
Totals... 14 197 0 43

Punting No. Yds Avg Long In20 TB
----------------------------------------------
Andrew Toler 5 169 33.8 45 0 0
Totals... 5 169 33.8 45 0 0

Punts Kickoffs Intercept
All Returns No.Yds.Lg No.Yds.Lg No.Yds.Lg
---------------------------------------------
Briar Williams 0 0 0 1 22 22 0 0 0
Michael Beasy 0 0 0 2 30 20 0 0 0
Totals... 0 0 0 3 52 22 0 0 0

Field goal attempts
----------------------------------------

Kickoffs No. Yds TB OB Avg
---------------------------------------
Andrew Toler 1 15 0 0 15.0

Waverly Tigers

Rushing No Gain Loss Net TD Lg Avg
P Shoemaker 18 148 2 146 3 72 8.1
D Shoemaker 3 20 0 20 0 10 6.7
Hunter Ward 5 14 0 14 1 4 2.8
Dakota Swepston 2 2 0 2 0 2 1.0
Totals... 28 184 2 182 4 72 6.5

Passing Att-Cmp-Int Yds TD Long Sack
Hayd'n Shanks 18-12-0 166 1 43 0
Totals... 18-12-0 166 1 43 0

Receiving No. Yds TD Long
-----------------------------------
Will Futhey 4 89 1 43
Penn Morrison 3 48 0 31
Zeke Brown 2 22 0 17
Phoenix Wolfe 2 10 0 7
Mark Stulley 1 -3 0 0
Totals... 12 166 1 43

Punting No. Yds Avg Long In20 TB
----------------------------------------------
Greyson Diener 2 80 40.0 51 1 0
Totals... 2 80 40.0 51 1 0

Punts Kickoffs Intercept
All Returns No.Yds.Lg No.Yds.Lg No.Yds.Lg
---------------------------------------------
Penn Morrison 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0
Zeke Brown 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 44 26
Mark Stulley 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 45 45
P Shoemaker 1 13 13 0 0 0 1 50 50
Totals... 1 13 13 1 0 0 4 139 50

Field goal attempts
----------------------------------------

Kickoffs No. Yds TB OB Avg
---------------------------------------
Ben Flanders 1 17 0 0 17.0
Greyson Diener 5 293 2 0 58.6

FUMBLES: Gallia Blue Devils-Michael Beasy 1-1. Waverly Tigers-Hunter Ward 1-1.

Return to “Football”