2020 Waverly 36 - 35 Wheelersburg

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: 2020 Waverly 36 - 35 Wheelersburg

Post by wobycat »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:44 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:25 pm
Tommy Chong wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:21 pm

Ok we’ll the 2020 Pirates would be 6-4 if they played the same schedule as the 2019 Pirates and trust me the vast majority of football fans who have seen all 3 teams play don’t put Wheelersburg on their level . I know you do .
That may be very true. And I’m not putting them on their level. If you remember correctly, the argument was if they were better than last year, they are. And if I was ironton, I wouldn’t think for one second that they would walk all over them. I know you don’t think so but most people who have seen them do.
They aren't on that level. Not even close

You keep saying they're better and then the argument you give is they were a couple plays from .500 last year

They lost to Hartley, Ironton, and Jackson last year, as they would this year.
That literally doesn’t prove they aren’t better. How about the idea that Waverly is really good? Could that be in the equation? Or is Waverly just not good and burg should have beat them? Has to be one or the other. Let’s not forget that Waverly brought back their entire 2019 playoff team practically with a healthy QB.

Let it play out. Maybe you’re right but at least it won’t be on a hypothetical

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Just to be clear. I didn't say they were bad in fact I said they are a good team.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:00 pm Just to be clear. I didn't say they were bad in fact I said they are a good team.
I also said they’re a very good team. Just not a top 3
area team .

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly beats Wheelersburg and all of a sudden this years Pirate squad isn’t nearly as good as last year.
This is arguably the best TEAM Waverly has had in some time. Keep in mind Waverly was without Wolf and Shanks playing with a badly torn ACL last year AT Wheelersburg and that was a one possession game with Waverly driving late to tie it. Many variables in that game..
If last years Pirate team was so much better than this year, they should have beaten Waverly much worse.

How about that was two very very good teams playing Friday night and either team could have made a couple plays here or there for the outcome to have been different.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

smurray wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:08 pm Waverly beats Wheelersburg and all of a sudden this years Pirate squad isn’t nearly as good as last year.
This is arguably the best TEAM Waverly has had in some time. Keep in mind Waverly was without Wolf and Shanks playing with a badly torn ACL last year AT Wheelersburg and that was a one possession game with Waverly driving late to tie it. Many variables in that game..
If last years Pirate team was so much better than this year, they should have beaten Waverly much worse.

How about that was two very very good teams playing Friday night and either team could have made a couple plays here or there for the outcome to have been different.
I believe Waverly was the better football team.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

The Burg is a good football team and almost pulled out a victory to a good Waverly squad. I don't discount either team. The game could've went either way. They both should get even better the next 2 weeks. Good luck to both in the playoffs.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tommy Chong wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:10 pm
smurray wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:08 pm Waverly beats Wheelersburg and all of a sudden this years Pirate squad isn’t nearly as good as last year.

That’s not the point I’m making. People are discounting this years Wheelersburg team saying they aren’t as good as last years - after losing to the best Waverly team in years. I’m saying both teams are very very good, possibly both better than last year. Do I think this years Waverly TEAM is better then this years Wheelersburg TEAM? Of course I believe that. That’s my team and we won.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

smurray wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:42 pm
Tommy Chong wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:10 pm

That’s not the point I’m making. People are discounting this years Wheelersburg team saying they aren’t as good as last years - after losing to the best Waverly team in years. I’m saying both teams are very very good, possibly both better than last year. Do I think this years Waverly TEAM is better then this years Wheelersburg TEAM? Of course I believe that. That’s my team and we won.
Thank you. I agree.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

wobycat wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:22 pm
SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:16 pm Noone said they weren't good
You keep saying they are better than they were last year
They are. Lol. Way better. Burg was two plays away from being .500 last year. It’s just silly to make that statement after a loss to d4 4-0 Waverly at their place.
Let’s be real, Without Matthews 2019 Burg team would have went 4-6. They wouldn’t have beat Ashland, Minford nor Waverly. I agree as a whole group, this 2020 team is more well rounded and making them a better unit.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

vladimir wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:53 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:22 pm
SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:16 pm Noone said they weren't good
You keep saying they are better than they were last year
They are. Lol. Way better. Burg was two plays away from being .500 last year. It’s just silly to make that statement after a loss to d4 4-0 Waverly at their place.
Let’s be real, Without Matthews 2019 Burg team would have went 4-6. They wouldn’t have beat Ashland, Minford nor Waverly. I agree as a whole group, this 2020 team is more well rounded and making them a better unit.
Absolutely. Makaya Matthews literally beat minford and Ashland by himself. They weren’t going to beat ironton and bishop Hartley. If shanks wasn’t hurt last year, Waverly could have beat them too. But burg always plays to the whistle and has a great game plan.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

Again Burg is good but not the alpha males anymore . Ironton, Jackson , Waverly all have better clubs

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tommy Chong wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:56 pm Again Burg is good but not the alpha males anymore . Ironton, Jackson , Waverly all have better clubs
Anymore? Lol. Come on. You think ironton, Waverly, and Jackson are not going to come back down? Jackson freshman just took it on the chin by burg and ironton cancelled on them. Jv team hasn’t lost. Burg will be fine. If these are the burgs down years, I’ll be glad to take them.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

wobycat wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:06 pm
Tommy Chong wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:56 pm Again Burg is good but not the alpha males anymore . Ironton, Jackson , Waverly all have better clubs
Anymore? Lol. Come on. You think ironton, Waverly, and Jackson are not going to come back down? Jackson freshman just took it on the chin by burg and ironton cancelled on them. Jv team hasn’t lost. Burg will be fine. If these are the burgs down years, I’ll be glad to take them.
Freshmen and JV 😂

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tommy Chong wrote:
Freshmen and JV 😂
I don’t put much stock in junior high but I do freshman and jv. Jv is winning with their 7 best sophomore players playing varsity. Enjoy piling on. Won’t last long.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

wobycat wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:17 pm
Tommy Chong wrote:

Freshmen and JV 😂
I don’t put much stock in junior high but I do freshman and jv. Jv is winning with their 7 best sophomore players playing varsity. Enjoy piling on. Won’t last long.
We’ll see

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Waverly gonna struggle after that junior class graduates

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Waverly played good but everyone knows they’d have a loss on their record if that Unioto game was played

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:17 pm
Tommy Chong wrote:

Freshmen and JV 😂
That's tough to judge the Jackson freshman and JV team, Wolford seems to be doing well at varsity level so I'm doubting he's playing freshman ball. Believe a few sophomores are on varsity as well, so not really sure what teams are being fielded tough to gauge them.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mlittle wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:37 pm Waverly played good but everyone knows they’d have a loss on their record if that Unioto game was played
Schedule it up, play it after season.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:01 pm
mlittle wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:37 pm Waverly played good but everyone knows they’d have a loss on their record if that Unioto game was played
Schedule it up, play it after season.
Doubt Waverly would schedule it. Especially if they go undefeated in regular season. Doubt they’d want that blemish

Return to “Football”