Region 19

shoelace
JV Team

Re: Region 19

Post by shoelace »

This should be a fun region. Ironton, Wheelersburg and Ridgewood will be a dogfight. Liberty Union seems to be playing great and Harvest Prep has a ton of skill - just not sure they can physically withstand the upper echelon D5 teams.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Does Top seed play at home all the way through or are neutral sites being used?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:44 pm Does Top seed play at home all the way through or are neutral sites being used?
No neutrals until final 4. Top seed will have all home games until final 4.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Looks like a crazy post season.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:50 pm
SWHITE2002 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:44 pm Does Top seed play at home all the way through or are neutral sites being used?
So being 1 or 2 in the region is huge then

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:30 am
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:50 pm
So being 1 or 2 in the region is huge then
I like the idea. I hope it’s not a mess of “let’s compare”!

Coaches need to use that moral compass and break any ties or sentiments they may have when they vote. Not a situation I’ll ever be in, so may be harder to do than said!
Even though I have my fave team and am a diehard, I know I could rank the top 4 right now, based on reading & watching web games & be honest with a top 4.

FROM THE TOP, stop any possibilities for extra barking from Coach Bleacher!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Joe eitel will be the model of how it probably goes down. Coaches outside their areas can’t possibly vote with any kind of benchmark. They will have that as their gauge. Burg, ironton will win out. Ironton is getting no help unfortunately with harbin points. Burg will get help from Chillicothe if they win out. Ridgewood will be number one if they win out. Because they have the toughest last two games. And will jump in points. My guess is ridgewood, burg, then ironton. If ridgewood loses than you could see burg, ironton and ridgewood. Ironton could leap frog burg if Chillicothe loses to Miami trace.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

1. Ridgewood
2. Wheelersburg
3. Ironton

RaceEagle
Waterboy

Post by RaceEagle »

wobycat wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:08 am Joe eitel will be the model of how it probably goes down. Coaches outside their areas can’t possibly vote with any kind of benchmark. They will have that as their gauge. Burg, ironton will win out. Ironton is getting no help unfortunately with harbin points. Burg will get help from Chillicothe if they win out. Ridgewood will be number one if they win out. Because they have the toughest last two games. And will jump in points. My guess is ridgewood, burg, then ironton. If ridgewood loses than you could see burg, ironton and ridgewood. Ironton could leap frog burg if Chillicothe loses to Miami trace.
Only problem, is Ridgewood's week 6 game which would be its best points game will not take place until after seeding. They are playing an 0-4 team Friday night and it looks like they will only get 1 win, MAYBE 2 from their previous opponents.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RaceEagle wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:22 am
wobycat wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:08 am Joe eitel will be the model of how it probably goes down. Coaches outside their areas can’t possibly vote with any kind of benchmark. They will have that as their gauge. Burg, ironton will win out. Ironton is getting no help unfortunately with harbin points. Burg will get help from Chillicothe if they win out. Ridgewood will be number one if they win out. Because they have the toughest last two games. And will jump in points. My guess is ridgewood, burg, then ironton. If ridgewood loses than you could see burg, ironton and ridgewood. Ironton could leap frog burg if Chillicothe loses to Miami trace.
Only problem, is Ridgewood's week 6 game which would be its best points game will not take place until after seeding. They are playing an 0-4 team Friday night and it looks like they will only get 1 win, MAYBE 2 from their previous opponents.
Good point

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

1. Ridgewood
2. Ironton
3. Burg
This is how i think it will play out. I have Ironton beating Kirtland for the title this year

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Blitz wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:05 pm 1. Ridgewood
2. Ironton
3. Burg
This is how i think it will play out. I have Ironton beating Kirtland for the title this year
That’s probably the logical top 3 but I don’t think ironton wins it. I think roger bacon and Kirtland in the final.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

State sports writers think Ironton should be ranked above Wheelersburg.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Taylormade wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:53 pm State sports writers think Ironton should be ranked above Wheelersburg.
They probably should. Look at liberty union. They are undefeated. They are 7th in joe eitel rankings. Shouldn’t they be higher. You have to go on this years body of work and not the eye test to be fair about it.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

wobycat wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:02 pm
Taylormade wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:53 pm State sports writers think Ironton should be ranked above Wheelersburg.
They probably should. Look at liberty union. They are undefeated. They are 7th in joe eitel rankings. Shouldn’t they be higher. You have to go on this years body of work and not the eye test to be fair about it.
The eye test. Words all Ohio State fans are going to get tired of hearing this year if they already aren’t.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

I guess,win the games you are given

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

Hope this helps you understand

2020 playoff notes:
Harbin rankings will *not* be used for 2020
All schools will be eligible to opt-in to the playoffs (must commit to OHSAA by September 17)
Modified regions will be drawn September 18 based on those opting in
Coaches will vote to seed teams in the regions during week of September 28 (after week 5)
First round to begin October 9-10
Teams may schedule regular season games (max 10) after elimination (no later than November 14)

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Taylormade wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:25 pm

Hope this helps you understand

2020 playoff notes:
Harbin rankings will *not* be used for 2020
All schools will be eligible to opt-in to the playoffs (must commit to OHSAA by September 17)
Modified regions will be drawn September 18 based on those opting in
Coaches will vote to seed teams in the regions during week of September 28 (after week 5)
First round to begin October 9-10
Teams may schedule regular season games (max 10) after elimination (no later than November 14)
I know the Harbin rankings won’t be used but eitel is still running them. It’s the best gauge that coaches can use. Maybe not so much at the top but the middle and bottom makes a difference. How’s a coach around here able to accurately judge mconnesville Morgan.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Look,let’s be real.Ironton blew out Gallia.Gallia has blown out every one else but Wellston.Ironton would blow out Wellston.Dont say Irontons schedule is weak,the teams they are playing are average.Ironton is good,real good.No competition till they play Ridgewood.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

artisgilmore wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:16 pm Look,let’s be real.Ironton blew out Gallia.Gallia has blown out every one else but Wellston.Ironton would blow out Wellston.Dont say Irontons schedule is weak,the teams they are playing are average.Ironton is good,real good.No competition till they play Ridgewood.
Irontons schedule is weak. It is what it is and not their fault but let’s be real. It’s not that strong

Return to “Football”