Region 19

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Region 19

Post by Westfan »

So skimming back through this thread, 25 teams have opted in to the playoffs and that would mean 7 byes and 18 teams play week 1?

Is that correct?

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Here are my picks: (Wins by teams they defeated)
Top 7 get byes

1. Ironton (11)
2. Ridgewood (8)
3. Wheelersburg (9)
4. Columbus Academy (9)
5. Liberty Union (4)
6. Ready (8)
7. Harvest Prep (6)

8. Johnstown-Monroe (4)
9. Wellston (4)
10. Minford (5)
11. West (4)
12. Westfall (3)
13. Oak Hill (3)
14. Amanda-Clearcreek (0)
15. New Lexington (2)
16. Northwest (6)
17. Meigs (3)
18. Coshocton (2)
19. Zane Trace (1)
20. Piketon (1)
21 Chesapeake (1)
22. Portsmouth (0)
23. Morgan (0)
24. South Point (0)
25. Utica (0)

I have Liberty Union ahead of Ready because they beat them. Amanda is decent, but the teams teams they beat have yet to win. Northwest is lower because who they have to play. Harvest Prep beat Ready, but Ready hammered Academy. Minford ahead of West because they beat the Senators. Minford is ahead of Oak Hill even though the Oaks beat the Falcons. Mainly, because Minford has two decent wins.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

What are some of the potential round 2 matchups and do the top 7 teams get to play at home?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

petesweaty wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:01 pm Here are my picks: (Wins by teams they defeated)
Top 7 get byes

1. Ironton (11)
2. Ridgewood (8)
3. Wheelersburg (9)
4. Columbus Academy (9)
5. Liberty Union (4)
6. Ready (8)
7. Harvest Prep (6)

8. Johnstown-Monroe (4)
9. Wellston (4)
10. Minford (5)
11. West (4)
12. Westfall (3)
13. Oak Hill (3)
14. Amanda-Clearcreek (0)
15. New Lexington (2)
16. Northwest (6)
17. Meigs (3)
18. Coshocton (2)
19. Zane Trace (1)
20. Piketon (1)
21 Chesapeake (1)
22. Portsmouth (0)
23. Morgan (0)
24. South Point (0)
25. Utica (0)

I have Liberty Union ahead of Ready because they beat them. Amanda is decent, but the teams teams they beat have yet to win. Northwest is lower because who they have to play. Harvest Prep beat Ready, but Ready hammered Academy. Minford ahead of West because they beat the Senators. Minford is ahead of Oak Hill even though the Oaks beat the Falcons. Mainly, because Minford has two decent wins.
Looks pretty good, but IMO... HP should be #5, Ready #6 and LU #7.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Yeah, those 3 teams you could probably throw in a hat.

I believe I read somewhere it is all home games for the higher seed until the Final 4.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

The higher seeded team gets home field advantage through out the regional playoffs

Burg grad 85
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Playoffs are going to be interesting this year.. could see a few upsets with so many more teams getting a shot

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

I think there are going to be a lot of running clocks the first two weeks!

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

petesweaty wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:32 pm I think there are going to be a lot of running clocks the first two weeks!
Good thing top 7 get a bye or there would be LOTS lol

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:10 pm What are some of the potential round 2 matchups and do the top 7 teams get to play at home?
Top 7 team 1st round by and and the top seed has home field through the regional finals

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

:)
artisgilmore wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:59 pm Checked out D1 Solon high school.Although Kirtlands win over them for a D5 school was impressive,Solon is a below average D1 school.Ironton could handle them easily also.

Saying Solon is a below avg. D1 school is NOT factual.

I follow all divisions’ regions and how each playoff team progresses each year via joeeitel.com.

Solon has easily made the playoffs at minimum 4x’s lately.
They are probably having a down year or affected By C-19 precautions.

Kirtland is well known to flex within their area for scrimmaging up (Kirtland Varsity —V— St. Iggy JV in the past) & scheduling other schools in the area during regular season to strengthen their team not to inflate computer points!

They do it to improve & there’s nothing wrong with that & it shows!

Yes, IHS would’ve beaten Solon, & they would’ve improved because of doing so.
Still missing a puzzle piece, @ IHS for me to feel like they’re ready for a title run.
They’ve got all they need.
They just gotta execute it all in a competitive game.

Do Tiger fans think the BYE week serves its purpose?
OR, if allowed, should IHS Schedule up and play during BYE WEEK against a bigger school to bring out the “Tiger Nasty” we’ve only seen glimpses of in games 1-2?

OR...

Will elongated playoffs prep IHS?!?!

WLR looks tough & so does CR/BACON.

It’s time to get ready TO GET TIGER NASTY!!!

BYE week or schedule an up game if allowed?
Speak UP Tiger fans!!

#GoTgo

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:11 pm :)
artisgilmore wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:59 pm Checked out D1 Solon high school.Although Kirtlands win over them for a D5 school was impressive,Solon is a below average D1 school.Ironton could handle them easily also.

I follow all divisions’ regions and how each playoff team progresses each year via joeeitel.com.

Kirtland is well known to flex within their area for scrimmaging up (Kirtland Varsity —V— St. Iggy JV in the past) & scheduling other schools in the area during regular season to strengthen their team not to inflate computer points!

Still missing a puzzle piece, @ IHS for me to feel like they’re ready for a title run.

OR, if allowed, should IHS Schedule up and play during BYE WEEK against a bigger school to bring out the “Tiger Nasty” we’ve only seen glimpses of in games 1-2?

OR...

Speak UP Tiger fans!!

#GoTgo
From the perspective of an Ironton fan, I think there is legit foundation for some concern. Consistently overwhelming considerably underwhelming opposition is well and good. They are doing what they are supposed to do for better or worse, & they have had a chance to test a lot of recipes before drawing up a final playoff menu, BUT...there are also some things NOT happening consistently.

1. In game adversity
2. Esp last 3 weeks - a tone of no enthusiasm. Unfortunately just doing what they are supposed to do v this schedule seems to have created a almost ho hum vibe. Ya not seeing a lot of heads wagging and enthusiasm. There is almost an air of expectation - at least for now - for ovc teams to lay down and honestly, why would Ironton feel any differently? It's time to be honest, the OVC is TERRIBLE. I found myself worrying if any traces of complacency would set in in the first 6 to 7 weeks. I think you walk a fine line at the prep level when ya dealing w preparing 16/17 yr olds emotionally. In contrast per above you watch game film and there are really worrisome nuances. For example, in peake/Ironton game - 1st offensive play from scrimmage for Peake was a keeper that moved and developed so slowly, it honestly looked like a middle school team ran it. And Peake got 4 yards out of it. Not a big deal right? One outlier ( play) you say? Maybe. However when I watch teams like Kirtland these past few weeks, not only is their execution faster and more deliberate, but so is their opponents. Consistently.

Irontons execution and focus HAVE to improve. How do they do that down the stretch w a final 3 of Rock Hill, Chesapeake, South Point? Can they just flip a switch and acclimate to the potential adversity and almost CERTAIN emotion per a week 8/9 game after that final 3 and a buy? Those are gonna be HUGE questions going into the post season.

As far as using the buy week to schedule up - working from an assumption that is a logistical possibility, I would be all for it. I think Ironton is working under a precarious dynamic. It really lines them up to get caught imo. Dangerous.

I think any similarly related concern is legitimate.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Repeat,Solon is not that good for a D1 program this year,probably a little better than average D5 school.D3 AStVStM beat them by 20+.Hoban,who I know is a monster,beat AST by 25.ASt is not ranked.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

SpeedKillz wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:44 am

OR...

Speak UP Tiger fans!!

#GoTgo
From the perspective of an Ironton fan, I think there is legit foundation for some concern. Consistently overwhelming considerably underwhelming opposition is well and good. They are doing what they are supposed to do for better or worse, & they have had a chance to test a lot of recipes before drawing up a final playoff menu, BUT...there are also some things NOT happening consistently.

1. In game adversity
2. Esp last 3 weeks - a tone of no enthusiasm. Unfortunately just doing what they are supposed to do v this schedule seems to have created a almost ho hum vibe. Ya not seeing a lot of heads wagging and enthusiasm. There is almost an air of expectation - at least for now - for ovc teams to lay down and honestly, why would Ironton feel any differently? It's time to be honest, the OVC is TERRIBLE. I found myself worrying if any traces of complacency would set in in the first 6 to 7 weeks. I think you walk a fine line at the prep level when ya dealing w preparing 16/17 yr olds emotionally. In contrast per above you watch game film and there are really worrisome nuances. For example, in peake/Ironton game - 1st offensive play from scrimmage for Peake was a keeper that moved and developed so slowly, it honestly looked like a middle school team ran it. And Peake got 4 yards out of it. Not a big deal right? One outlier ( play) you say? Maybe. However when I watch teams like Kirtland these past few weeks, not only is their execution faster and more deliberate, but so is their opponents. Consistently.

Irontons execution and focus HAVE to improve. How do they do that down the stretch w a final 3 of Rock Hill, Chesapeake, South Point? Can they just flip a switch and acclimate to the potential adversity and almost CERTAIN emotion per a week 8/9 game after that final 3 and a buy? Those are gonna be HUGE questions going into the post season.

As far as using the buy week to schedule up - working from an assumption that is a logistical possibility, I would be all for it. I think Ironton is working under a precarious dynamic. It really lines them up to get caught imo. Dangerous.

Couldnt agree more. Hopefully they get a tough 1st and 2nd round playoff opponent that can hopefully push them to the wire or something. The past 2 or 3 weeks they have had kids injured so other kids have had to step in and start which could be a small piece for some of the penalties happening but it definitely needs to be cleaned up. Watching a gallipolis and ironton game back to back will make your head explode seriously so many penalties

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

OR...

Speak UP Tiger fans!!

#GoTgo

1. In game adversity

Overall speed is what concerns me as well.

Running towards that ball against OVC opponents should be sticking out visually & it’s absent.

I saw it come and go last year too. But, not to this extent.
I honestly thought we’d lose to WLR b/c of that inconsistency but TIGERS STEPPED UP & then the way we blew through West Jeff, I was sold.

Now, I feel like I’m watching West Jeff from last year, but it’s Ironton on the field.
I’m sure many fans would not want this talk put out there, but we all know it’s true.
I’ve been calling ON it for weeks now to be brought out.
Tigers gotta step up Very fast.
I have noticed they’re taking the time to develop the playbook and Carpenter is special & can make it happen.
Some stickier hands and his numbers would be extreme!

I love the idea of scheduling during BYE, but I realized injuries could happen after I slept on it.
I had just watched CR/Bacon & Kirtland games & saw the speed difference and went right to thinking of the BYE game.
We shoulda got that done earlier if possible.

We will have to settle for “come what may” as opponents line up for post season!

WLR IS hungry. They all are & I just hope the tigers wanna eat...

FAST!

MyFirstTake mentioned injuries. When are they expected to return, if at all?
Is it Cochran & White?
Thanks!

A little out of the loop down here in FL now.
Both of my usual Ironton contacts work for city/state and have hands full with OT.

GoTIGERS

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:04 am

OR...

Speak UP Tiger fans!!

#GoTgo

1. In game adversity

Overall speed is what concerns me as well.

Running towards that ball against OVC opponents should be sticking out visually & it’s absent.

I saw it come and go last year too. But, not to this extent.
I honestly thought we’d lose to WLR b/c of that inconsistency but TIGERS STEPPED UP & then the way we blew through West Jeff, I was sold.

Now, I feel like I’m watching West Jeff from last year, but it’s Ironton on the field.
I’m sure many fans would not want this talk put out there, but we all know it’s true.
I’ve been calling ON it for weeks now to be brought out.
Tigers gotta step up Very fast.
I have noticed they’re taking the time to develop the playbook and Carpenter is special & can make it happen.
Some stickier hands and his numbers would be extreme!

I love the idea of scheduling during BYE, but I realized injuries could happen after I slept on it.
I had just watched CR/Bacon & Kirtland games & saw the speed difference and went right to thinking of the BYE game.
We shoulda got that done earlier if possible.

We will have to settle for “come what may” as opponents line up for post season!

WLR IS hungry. They all are & I just hope the tigers wanna eat...

FAST!

MyFirstTake mentioned injuries. When are they expected to return, if at all?
Is it Cochran & White?
Thanks!

A little out of the loop down here in FL now.
Both of my usual Ironton contacts work for city/state and have hands full with OT.

GoTIGERS
Cochran is ok. Boggs got in at the end of the game probably because he isnt conditioned well because it was his first game back from injury. But the chesapeake game ashton duncan and the howell kid were both out really good pass rusher and most seasoned defensive back besides hacker

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

The rock hill game cochran just played one side of that ball

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

When this is the lineup for the starting line watch out. I dont think at anytime this year these guys have been on the field together at the same time because of injuries hopefully by playoff time duncan is good to go so Ironton is at full strength.

TE duncan
T cochran
G Mccall
C White
G Boggs
T Cecil

And get howell back in the defensive backfield and special teams

Lookiehere
Waterboy

Post by Lookiehere »

What about Murrell and Davis. They have looked very good. I could see McCall move out to tackle and those 2 as guards. Gives quite a bit of mobility and physicality. And I know Davis is a wrestler. Added bonus

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Lookiehere wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:35 pm What about Murrell and Davis. They have looked very good. I could see McCall move out to tackle and those 2 as guards. Gives quite a bit of mobility and physicality. And I know Davis is a wrestler. Added bonus
The more the better.

Return to “Football”